Stefanie Kulesza
Olivia Mason
Tamiah Mathis
Mya Maddox
Aniah Patterson
Ja-Naiah Perkins-Jackson
Samantha Pollich
No Haith from CR?

Totally agree with Cannon not being on there. Sasha Marvel and Steph Kulesza should have been much higher to. Coaches and the media should be embarrassed. There are kids on this list with high scoring numbers due to the fact that they shot 30-40 shots a game. Ridiculous!! I'm sure you can't make everyone happy but coaches need to go out and see other teams play. Do more homework coaches!!! I always say where would this player fit in at one of the top 5 or 6 schools

Reactions: Simmonj4618
OK. This is only my opinion but I’m going to attempt to break this list by who shouldn’t be where. There are some major issues on this list. But like they all say, Everyone is entitled to their opinion. So here is mine. I did put where the player should be and why.

First Team

Alisha Lewis POY- Sorry I don’t think see should be on first team. What player of the year
averages barely 10 points a game. Is because she is somehow
nationally ranked. Should have been second/third team
Maggie Connolly- in the right spot. Should have been player of the year
Lauren Park-Lane- in the right spot
Zhan'e Snow- in the right spot
Alanna Speaks- in the right spot
* missing from the this spot is Alissa haith who led her team multiple categories

Second team

Lauryn Griffin- should have been honorable mention. The freshman really carried this team
Kylie Cornegay-Lucas- in the right spot
Julie Kulesza-she had a break out year last year. had a solid year this year. should have
been third team
Olivia Tucker- had a solid year should have been third team
Ber'Nyah Ward-Mayo- great come out year. in the right spot

Third team

Ronnasia Blatch-Huggins- in the right spot, would not have been mad if she was second
team
Danaziah Brown- ?
Lynnjay Brown- should have been second team
Logan Handy- in the right spot
Sasha Marvel- had a solid year- but should have been honorable mention she averaged
under 10 points a game

Honorable Mention

Kayla Braxton-Young- should have been second team
Maia Bryson- should have been third team averaged about 13 points a game
Lexi Bromwell
Rajene Bowe
Melena Credle
Rukiya Davis
Jamiyah Dennis- in the right spot- the issue with her would have been her attitude on the
court and how it rubs people the wrong way. But her play could have
gotten her third or second team.
Grace Lange- had a solid year, in the right spot
Stefanie Kulesza- solid year in the right spot
Olivia Mason- had a solid year- her running mate Kryshell gordy should have been here
Tamiah Mathis
Mya Maddox
Aniah Patterson- in the right spot- could have been at third team at the highest
Ja-Naiah Perkins-Jackson- should have been second team
Samantha Pollich- should have been at third team at least

*missing from honorable mention is Nalieghia wright from howard, along with cannon from cape

Last edited:
Haith avg 15 pts a game against the teams in the top 10, crazy, probably the biggest miscarriage of justice i have seen peroid

OK. This is only my opinion but I’m going to attempt to break this list by who shouldn’t be where. There are some major issues on this list. But like they all say, Everyone is entitled to their opinion. So here is mine. I did put where the player should be and why.

First Team

Alisha Lewis POY- Sorry I don’t think see should be on first team. What player of the year averages barely 10 points a game.

Is because she is somehow nationally ranked. Should have been second/third team
Maggie Connolly- in the right spot. Should have been player of the year
Lauren Park-Lane- in the right spot
Zhan'e Snow- in the right spot
Alanna Speaks- in the right spot
* missing from the this spot is Alissa haith who led her team multiple categories

Second team

Lauryn Griffin- should have been honorable mention. The freshman really carried this team
Kylie Cornegay-Lucas- in the right spot
Julie Kulesza-she had a break out year last year. had a solid year this year. should have been third team
Olivia Tucker- had a solid year should have been third team
Ber'Nyah Ward-Mayo- great come out year. in the right spot

Third team

Ronnasia Blatch-Huggins- in the right spot, would not have been mad if she was second team
Danaziah Brown- ?
Lynnjay Brown- should have been second team
Logan Handy- in the right spot
Sasha Marvel- had a solid year- but should have been honorable mention she averaged under 10 points a game

Honorable Mention

Kayla Braxton-Young- should have been second team
Maia Bryson- should have been third team averaged about 13 points a game
Lexi Bromwell
Rajene Bowe
Melena Credle
Rukiya Davis
Jamiyah Dennis- in the right spot- the issue with her would have been her attitude on the court and how it rubs people the

wrong way. But her play could have gotten her third or second team.
Grace Lange- had a solid year, in the right spot
Stefanie Kulesza- solid year in the right spot
Olivia Mason- had a solid year- her running mate Kryshell gordy should have been here
Tamiah Mathis
Mya Maddox
Aniah Patterson- in the right spot- could have been at third team at the highest
Ja-Naiah Perkins-Jackson- should have been second team
Samantha Pollich- should have been at third team at least

*missing from honorable mention is Nalieghia wright from howard, along with cannon from cape

I haven't seen many of these girls play but I respect your opinion. One thing you have to be careful about is focusing on the points per game. MUST look at the overall body of work. Some of these girls are not only relied upon on the offensive end but also used to defend the opponent's best offensive player. Also need to look at rebounds and assists per game because all of these stats tend to play a major role in a team's success.

I haven't seen many of these girls play but I respect your opinion. One thing you have to be careful about is focusing on the points per game. MUST look at the overall body of work. Some of these girls are not only relied upon on the offensive end but also used to defend the opponent's best offensive player. Also need to look at rebounds and assists per game because all of these stats tend to play a major role in a team's success.

and I agree with everything your saying. I've seen the player of the year many times. and even had her in a training session. she is not the player of the year, this year. now on the flip side there are many girls who are worthy of being in these rankings that there teams are just not that good. but the coaches have them being a team player. one comes to mind Senay clark of appo. Ive seen her dismantle teams but have to play distributer for the team. so I get it. the problem talent evaluators at the college level want to see if you can score at a high rate and run a team. I have two girl looking for school. one ave 10 points like the lewis girl at ursuline and another ave 20 points like the a.I. freshman. I tell the college coach that hey the 10 point girl is better than the high scoring girl. they want to recruit the high scoring girl. so you kind of have to look at the point system just to get notice at the college level... but in the case of alishia lewis im just not sold that she is player of the year. I think Maggie should of gotten the award. she was very consistent all year.. again just my opinion

and I agree with everything your saying. I've seen the player of the year many times. and even had her in a training session. she is not the player of the year, this year. now on the flip side there are many girls who are worthy of being in these rankings that there teams are just not that good. but the coaches have them being a team player. one comes to mind Senay clark of appo. Ive seen her dismantle teams but have to play distributer for the team. so I get it. the problem talent evaluators at the college level want to see if you can score at a high rate and run a team. I have two girl looking for school. one ave 10 points like the lewis girl at ursuline and another ave 20 points like the a.I. freshman. I tell the college coach that hey the 10 point girl is better than the high scoring girl. they want to recruit the high scoring girl. so you kind of have to look at the point system just to get notice at the college level... but in the case of alishia lewis im just not sold that she is player of the year. I think Maggie should of gotten the award. she was very consistent all year.. again just my opinion
I hear ya and I too agree that Maggie should have received the POY award. Alisha is a beast but doesn't yet have the killer instinct the likes of a Adrianna. I think Noonan is still trying to bring this out of her. You make a good point about AI's PG because I personally think she's the best PG in the State and that's saying something as a freshman and up against the bigger named players in the State. Danazia Brown is from Archmere and seems to be a nice player but have only seen her play once. Gordy is definitely a name that should have been honorable mention just for her rebounding and defense.

I know a lot of people think Ursuline is going to run this thang for a few years but I'm not so sure about that. Just one year of extra player development including added players could change your mind come mid-season. That's why we play the game!

The problem I see is that the disparity in Delaware makes it difficult to compare players up and down the state. For an example what makes Logan Handy- in the right spot please explain? Poster child for someone for puts up 80% of teams shots against no one and gets third team SMH:rolleyes: against the weakest schedule of any playoff team.

Last edited:
The problem I see is that the disparity in Delaware makes it difficult to compare players up and down the state. For an example what makes Logan Handy- in the right spot please explain? Poster child someone for puts up 80% of teams shots against no one and gets third team SMH:rolleyes: against the weakest schedule of any playoff team.

well logan is 80% of there offense. true there not winning a lot of there games. and yes she is the only offense on the team. but I have seen her play versus a couple of teams. and yes those teams aren't the best to rate her. but you cant deny the talent she has. Kobe scored 81 on a team that has poor defense, but noby is saying he scored on a poor defensive team there saying he scored 81. Now I am in no where meaning that logan is in that realm. but what I am saying is because she has been consistant with leading that team and the team is not that good doesn't mean she isn't. I think third team is where she is based on her scoring and the team success. And I would have to be that way in order to justify that Alisha lewis doesn't deserve player of the year because she averaged 10 points and they won a championship. I have to stay consistent in that manner of thinking.. Plus I seen logan play outside of her high school. and she can play. her team just isn't good. and I've Alisha play play in AAU and was not impressed about the level of hype she gets. not that she can't play or an above average player but level she is getting when for two years her highest average is 10 points per game. and she is nationally ranked higher than where Adrianna was at this time for her. and Adrianna had just got Gatorade player of the year.

I don't see your point Logan plays no where near the competition Alisha plays in AAU and your Kobe one game comparison is just crazy. It's the body of work! Ok, so i will give you an example:

Wilm Friends School - Natalie DePaulo who I think is an under rated player. Plays on a better team and who plays a way better schedule than Laurel, (Beat DMA 37-35 scoring 20pts), who Laurel loss to 48 -37 Logan scored 22pts. DePaulo has been consistent with leading that team too. Not even counting rebounds, assists or defense etc, but Natalie didn't every sniff HM and Logan is third team. Both teams made payoffs so what's the difference?

Not not knocking any one player am just stating facts the system is flawed and Logan greatly benefits by just where she plays!

Last edited:
Maggie was my POY, but I understand why Alisha won it - she averaged under 11 ppg, BUT no doubt about it, that team runs off her fuel - defense, playmaking, taking the shot when she needs to/should - she's the consummate all-around player. Could make a similar argument for Maggie, but Alisha Lewis was the heart and soul of a team that lost just one game all year and went unbeaten in-state and it showed.

Alisha has NEVER lost to a Delaware team and is the engine of the unanimous #1 team in the state.

And Maggie was Delaware GATORADE player of the year, I don't think she minds not getting recognized by the coaches and media

1.As an Ursuline fan I had a chance to see the top five and I agree all belong.
2.Lish earned player of year Maggie earned Gatorade Player of year, both played well when called upon and I have the video to prove it.
All-State voting is a tough job I personally wouldn't want to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT