ADVERTISEMENT

Boys High School Pre- Pre Season For 2016-2017

Very different. He has a problem with Re coaching philosophy and so do you and that is cool. However he doesn't deny that Re can Coach while you insist that he can't Coach.

Big difference. I understand frustration with philosophy but to say he can't Coach makes no sense to me.

How can you say Re can't coach , he took his most talented team to the final four , the following year he got them in the playoffs with let's face it his worse team ever ( no scorer) and last year again to playoffs being led by 2 sophomores , team should be really good this year but ball handling will be lead by a very talented freshman .......

How can you say Re can't coach , he took his most talented team to the final four , the following year he got them in the playoffs with let's face it his worse team ever ( no scorer) and last year again to playoffs being led by 2 sophomores , team should be really good this year but ball handling will be lead by a very talented freshman .......
He cant to me.. .. Compared to other coches in the state... Easy to prepare for.. Last year team should of went way farther than quick exit...

Funny to me when its said he can't coach and someone says he's a good guy. No one cares if he's a good guy. Sports isn't about how great of a guy you are. Demands respect from his players? If that were the case they would be a lot more disciplined than they are. Lets face it...If Tingle were the coach or even Terry Hazzard from Mariner they would have no issues with those boys. Trying to be hard on a player doesn't gain his respect. It takes a lot more than just that for players from the side of the tracks most of them are growing up on. Actually care about them as a person...then just maybe they will trust you. The team with burton, warren, and Floyd was easily the best team down south. Even then their attitudes showed up almost every game and not in a positive way. As a coach that should've been dealt with during the summer. Cape is full of politics which is what holds the kids back. When the coach is part of the politics the system and the kids will lose.

Reactions: hoopsdownstate
Wait a minute... Did you mention Terry Hazzard. He is a middle school coach. There is a big difference between high school and middle school basketball. Not to say he isn't a good coach, but look at the talent he has had in the past 7 years. Jon Warren, Corbin brothers, Cory, Randy Rickards, Kevin Larkin. There wasn't much coaching done in my opinion. He has had talented teams that were undisciplined, but when you are that much better than the teams scheduled, it seems that one is a great coach but in reality he just has some great ball players. We will see what he does this year, when he really has to coach.

Reactions: urbaseballdaddy
Best upstate public school teams this year: Glasgow, Newark, Mt. Pleasant, Appo

Best downstate public school teams this year: Cape, Woodbridge

Best upstate private school teams this year: Sanford, Sallies

Best downstate private school teams this year:
St. Thomas More

Best upstate public school teams this year: Glasgow, Newark, Mt. Pleasant, Appo

Best downstate public school teams this year: Cape, Woodbridge

Best upstate private school teams this year: Sanford, Sallies

Best downstate private school teams this year:
St. Thomas More
Smryna would fall under Best downstate public school

Wait a minute... Did you mention Terry Hazzard. He is a middle school coach. There is a big difference between high school and middle school basketball. Not to say he isn't a good coach, but look at the talent he has had in the past 7 years. Jon Warren, Corbin brothers, Cory, Randy Rickards, Kevin Larkin. There wasn't much coaching done in my opinion. He has had talented teams that were undisciplined, but when you are that much better than the teams scheduled, it seems that one is a great coach but in reality he just has some great ball players. We will see what he does this year, when he really has to coach.

lol you do realize that not every game is and was a blow out. Dover had Mariner down like 17 in the first game of the season last year. Dover Def was a very good team with some quality guard play. Don't discredit because of the level of play. Being able to coach and know the game is beneficial at any level. You're right its a little different as in the politics at Cape will get in the way if you don't play their system.

lol you do realize that not every game is and was a blow out. Dover had Mariner down like 17 in the first game of the season last year. Dover Def was a very good team with some quality guard play. Don't discredit because of the level of play. Being able to coach and know the game is beneficial at any level. You're right its a little different as in the politics at Cape will get in the way if you don't play their system.
Just Left Smryna playday good games.. Think Mount, Smryna, Cape played really well...

Reactions: basketball24/7
I went to the play day. Disappointed in Newark and Smyrna honestly. Smyrna big guys are not offensive players and I think they will be destroyed by a disciplined team. All they play is 2-3 which is easy to beat if you let the ball do the work and get the ball in the middle. The bigs will block shots but on the offensive end its all 3's or nothing. If they let the pg handle the ball they would be better but I can already see the one kid shooting 20 shots a game and at least 10-12 coming just from 3. Newark, if that was the entire team...they will be in trouble. They didn't look good against Smyrna or cape. Mount didn't have Kramer there so it wasn't their full team. As usual they're tough and play hard. I was most impressed by Rickards of Cape. His motor is there this year. He still showed some of that negative attitude that took him out of games last year. He was aggressive and nobody could really do anything with him when he was attacking. He could possibly carry Cape along with Robertson and his shooting touch. Barnes was a little disappointing in the first game. His body language was terrible and the coach took him out after he didn't get back from a turnover. If Rickards can keep his head in the game, I don't think cape will have any issues getting to the Bob this year.

Smyrna has an issue of greed mixed with basketball incompetence. Greed in gaurds not wanting to share that rock, Incompetence in coaches not teaching & forcing gaurds to play with bigs & stop putting up stupid shoots especially Matthew's. Send those bigs to Sanford, William Penn, del-castle, St. E's & see how those coaches utilize them.

I went to the play day. Disappointed in Newark and Smyrna honestly. Smyrna big guys are not offensive players and I think they will be destroyed by a disciplined team. All they play is 2-3 which is easy to beat if you let the ball do the work and get the ball in the middle. The bigs will block shots but on the offensive end its all 3's or nothing. If they let the pg handle the ball they would be better but I can already see the one kid shooting 20 shots a game and at least 10-12 coming just from 3. Newark, if that was the entire team...they will be in trouble. They didn't look good against Smyrna or cape. Mount didn't have Kramer there so it wasn't their full team. As usual they're tough and play hard. I was most impressed by Rickards of Cape. His motor is there this year. He still showed some of that negative attitude that took him out of games last year. He was aggressive and nobody could really do anything with him when he was attacking. He could possibly carry Cape along with Robertson and his shooting touch. Barnes was a little disappointing in the first game. His body language was terrible and the coach took him out after he didn't get back from a turnover. If Rickards can keep his head in the game, I don't think cape will have any issues getting to the Bob this year.
Chandler can shoot the ball for Cape..

its that as I read the comments on this timeline it shows that everybody seems to agree on that Smyrna team. and everybody seems to think that mount pleasant will win the chip. pretty much what I said in the beginning. I don't do the I told you so. but I want everyone to know that you cant believe all of the hype on size. yes you cant teach size but you can teach skill and they don't have it yet. Now im hearing the coach over at st. Elizabeth isn't that good and doesn't have that team under control. so even though I stand by saying that they will get to the chip along with mount. Im not sure they will make there. Sanford could get back there. also im not impressed with some of the coaching in this state but that's another conversation. there are good coaches in small places and bad coaches in big ones..

its that as I read the comments on this timeline it shows that everybody seems to agree on that Smyrna team. and everybody seems to think that mount pleasant will win the chip. pretty much what I said in the beginning. I don't do the I told you so. but I want everyone to know that you cant believe all of the hype on size. yes you cant teach size but you can teach skill and they don't have it yet. Now im hearing the coach over at st. Elizabeth isn't that good and doesn't have that team under control. so even though I stand by saying that they will get to the chip along with mount. Im not sure they will make there. Sanford could get back there. also im not impressed with some of the coaching in this state but that's another conversation. there are good coaches in small places and bad coaches in big ones..

StE coach is a good coach and will get the most out of his players. However after watching sports in Delaware the last few year I believe our student athletes are becoming soft and cannot take constructive criticism and run the first chance to somewhere they think is better. If the boys at StE can't take the new coach thats on them not the coach.

Mount is winning hands down. They have way to much fire power and are way too deep. They just need to be let loose by the coach and they will be fine.

Mount is winning hands down. They have way to much fire power and are way too deep. They just need to be let loose by the coach and they will be fine.
Say wat you want.. If they not turn loose.. They gonna be playing in alot of tight games...

Have watched Sh'Kai since 6th grade his game is very smooth , it's ashame he will only play with the combo of Rickards , Barnes , Robertson and him for 2 seasons

Insert him into the sg position next year and look at that squad then! They might be a state championship caliber team. With one more year under their belts.

With the exception of St. Thomas Moore & maybe Cape I don't see anything happening south of dover this year, Northern teams are just better. What has to happen in general for all southern teams is better coaching, more development, more participation in fall leagues & better scheduling against tougher opponents both northern & out of state teams during the season.

You will see Woodbridge team is fearless they play hard from the beginning until the end lack of size will hurt them against some of the top teams but they will be able to match any team in this state guard play. It's a reason Cape doesn't play Woodbridge anymore Dover learned their lesson the year before didn't have them on their schedule last year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT