ADVERTISEMENT

Boys High School Pre- Pre Season For 2016-2017

You will see Woodbridge team is fearless they play hard from the beginning until the end lack of size will hurt them against some of the top teams but they will be able to match any team in this state guard play. It's a reason Cape doesn't play Woodbridge anymore Dover learned their lesson the year before didn't have them on their schedule last year
So u saying Cape and Dover scared to play them..lol

Cape hasnt has that type of talent since and Woodbridge has been the better team as of late no helopen north team wants to lose to a henlopen south team just think about it

Doghead22.. Are you serious? Scared to play? What will Cape learn from a blowout against Woodbridge, besides pick up bad habits. When was the last time any Woodbridge team has had better talented than Cape Henlopen. Besides the Corbin brothers who else had they had? Every year Woodbridge gets discussed but they lack of discipline costs them. This will be the case again this year.
Cape, Smyrna, Mount Pleasant and St.Georges are my final four picks. Don't be surprised if the state championship comes to the Henlopen North this year.

Reactions: 84rider
Doghead22.. Are you serious? Scared to play? What will Cape learn from a blowout against Woodbridge, besides pick up bad habits. When was the last time any Woodbridge team has had better talented than Cape Henlopen. Besides the Corbin brothers who else had they had? Every year Woodbridge gets discussed but they lack of discipline costs them. This will be the case again this year.
Cape, Smyrna, Mount Pleasant and St.Georges are my final four picks. Don't be surprised if the state championship comes to the Henlopen North this year.
Watched Smryna vs Central for Half tonight... Smryna bigs soft as cotton . 5 foot 7 players from Central blocking there shots .. Cape will win the North...

Smryna just beat them by 29... They havnt run into Cape yet either... Thats 4 games they are Definely loosing.. You can have a good coach all you want.. But without tallent you cant compete with the big boys...

This is embarrassing.

S
Should be on the lookout for AI just won there Tip off tournament vs St.E, Julius Inge had 29 , game was very good
I heard But i dont even have St E. In my top 5... They not buying into new coach.. Inge can play .. He is really good...

AI is scrappy, they match up well with St E plus kids all know each other and the way they play so it's personal with the victory. Still early for St. E & it's coaching staff a lot of adjustments are being made with new situation. We must also keep in mind it's wide open this year & basketball is a team sport so the best team on any night will win.

Funny that you say kids aren't buying in. The ones on the team are, the ones who chose to be "I" players instead of "team" players are the ones in street clothes hoping they lose.

They will be fine.

Reactions: Lazertron
Your right Cape has played since those kids were there , but their wasn't Slam Dunk to the beach then either and that's where Cape picked up 2 better games each year
Correct.... I likę Woodbridge team.
But to say a team scared to Play another team and its only basketball is funny.. If Cape some how win the north and Woodbridge win the South...they might get to play each other.... I hope so ....

the timeline is off the chain. I love it. the fact that some of you people are repping your school or some of the talent around in DE is great. but it is still a team sport. and one player doesn't make the team. SO I will say if your team isn't Sanford, Mount pleasant, St. E, st. georges and maybe st Thomas more your not sniffing the championship. now there are several teams that if they make a nice run and the playoffs fair well for them, they could make a run.. im not sold on the twin towers and Smyrna- I love the talent spread out across the state. but team wise that's who I see

Reactions: jvm3
jbf
Sanford is a bit of a contradiction if you say 'one player doesnt make a team'! Could probably say the same for St. Georges...maybe even St. E's

the timeline is off the chain. I love it. the fact that some of you people are repping your school or some of the talent around in DE is great. but it is still a team sport. and one player doesn't make the team. SO I will say if your team isn't Sanford, Mount pleasant, St. E, st. georges and maybe st Thomas more your not sniffing the championship. now there are several teams that if they make a nice run and the playoffs fair well for them, they could make a run.. im not sold on the twin towers and Smyrna- I love the talent spread out across the state. but team wise that's who I see
St E .. and Sanford will not be there period...

jbf
Sanford is a bit of a contradiction if you say 'one player doesnt make a team'! Could probably say the same for St. Georges...maybe even St. E's
He talking Crazy....got to have one Player that u can go to down the scretch...all the teams you said have one player that is really... Good.. Take anyone of them away.. They not wining nothing....

My point is that you need a balanced team, not a team with just one standout...
Teams I mentioned tend to be weighted by one player.

My point is that you need a balanced team, not a team with just one standout...
Teams I mentioned tend to be weighted by one player.

I agree one horse pony teams are easy to beat unless you have a super stud i.e. Kobe, Lebron type player. Most every team needs that go to player but also one or two players that they can lean on if needed to score and play defense and rebound.

Reactions: FoulShots
I don’t want to disrespect or contradict myself. People sometime misinterpret “one player” or “star player” when I mention some of players on the team. Most of the time those players are the face of the team. Do you need a great balance of other players to compete/ yes. But those star players normally take the bulk of the shots. The coach feels that the team’s soul is through that particular player. Jordan money has been the face of st. Elizabeth. Jair is the face of Sanford. These players at times seem to inspire the rest of their team to play harder or they have the confidence to make the right choices when the game is on the line. The one time I feel like that doesn’t fall into the mold this year is mount pleasant. They have so much talent down to their bench. That why I see them winning it. I really thought st. Elizabeth would be there because they have a veteran team and Sanford is still un experience to get back there yet. Now I watched the AI and st. Elizabeth game at AI. I was very impressed with AI. I was not impressed with Jordan Money’s body language during that crucial time as the big lead they had slipped away and they lost in the last 2 mins. And now im not sure that they really want it. there are a lot of teams that are making names for themselves to get to the chip. St. Georges, AI, Sanford, St. Thomas more, Mount pleasant, and maybe sallies, or appo. Sorry some may not be sold on St. E. but I am not sold on Smyrna, not sold on woodbridge, and not sold on cape, and even Newark is looking good, not sold on them either. And I hope that mount wins it. because I would love to see a public school win it after so many years. And yes non- votech is what I mean too. lol

Boys basketball rankings 2016-17

1. St. Elizabeth: This could be Jordan Money's great chance to get a state championship in his last year. They have a new coach, and coaching staff. They will have new philosophy and a different approach to how they will play this year. They lost 3 seniors from last year and come back with possibly 6 seniors to lead this team. Along with a couple talented incoming freshman they could have the most balance team with a solid bench. Inside presence and chemistry with new coach and new system could be an issue.

2. Mount Pleasant: The year’s most athletic team comes back with a balance attack. This team met every expectations last year. Losing in the tournament to the eventual state champions they are looking to win it this year. It will be hard Losing 7 seniors and primary guard Raheem Burnett. This year’s team will have to make up for his lost. They have replaced the talent with transfer guards Famir Ali from Sallies, and Niger Hodges from William Penn. Along with the players they already seem to be the second favorite and the most athletic team. to get to the championship, but it will come down to their guard play and ball control of get there guards

3. St. Georges: This team made big noise last year, even after they lost an essential piece during the season. This team will lose 5 seniors from last year, but they have break out player and this year senior Kyson Rawls. Sophomore Nah'Shon Hyland had a great summer and will look to continue that during the school year. Last year’s runner-up’s will look to use their experience to get back there. The only weakness will be if they have a bench to get them back to the state championship.

4. St. Thomas More: They made it to the elite 8 in the tournament last year. They have taken the right step to continue grow and make a good run this year to the state title. With potentially 8 seniors coming back being led by Elias Revelle and Aaron Scott this could be there best chance to make a run. Guard play could be there only weakness.

5. Smyrna: This team intrigues me. One paper they look like a mirror image of Appo. They too have size, speed, and a solid bench to contend. They are led by Caleb Matthews, and Jaymeir Garnett. And three players over 6’5 that have transferred in that will make and immediate impact. If these players are truly what the hype is about and the rest of the team can buy into defense and a team concept they can put scare deep into the playoffs.

6. Sanford: The youth movement has begun for this year’s team. They lose 6 seniors and do it all guard Mikey Dixon from last year’s state championship team. I would say they are rebuilding but they will somehow find a way to get back to being dominate with Stan Waterman at the helm. The future of the team will be around freshmen Devin Harris, Corey Perkins, and Jyare Davis. Not seeing a state championship with this team, but they have plenty of experience to get back there and be competitive. The issues will be strong enough experience, bench help, and consistent inside scoring.

7. Sallies: There is so much to say about this team. I feel they under achieved based on the amount of talent they had last year. Internal issues could of affected how this team played. But they were still effective through the whole year and then losing in the second round in the tournament. They have plenty of size and youth led by Tariq Ingraham. They lost two top young guards to transfers and will hope to be able to recover from there lost. This team has so much size for a program in the state of Delaware. There big issue will be trying use that size and talent to compliment the entire teams play in order to have a successful season. Consistent guard play will be a big issue.

8. Caravel: This team kind of went under the radar. With having so many years not being relevant, they are starting to take the baby step to be back in the for state titles again. Last year’s team lost in the first. But there coming back a little better than last year. The offense centered around Okoye Parker. If rumors are correct they will have a transferred guard names Trevon Alderman from sallies that will make an immediate impact. They also have some legitimate size to go with these key additions. They will have a enough fire power to stay in the top 15 and go deep into the playoffs. There only weakness will be a real inside presence on both ends of the floor to contain the middle.

9. Newark: Newark has always had great guards in there program. This year they have the luxury of having an abundance of them. Two most notably are the turner brothers from Howard that have transferred in to go along with guards this team already had. Offense won't be a problem, scoring won't be a problem. Defense could be a big problem. And making sure they play team offense.

10. Cape Henlopen: They looked really good last year during the regular season picking into the top ten. They got into the first round where they faced Newark High school who had the same record. Newark moved on but you could see the baby steps to getting better. They have great size with 6'5 forward Randy Rickards, and 6'6 guard/forward Ian Robertson. They will continue to be competitive with their size. But losing 4 seniors that handled some the ball controlling responsibilities will be an issue.

The next 7
11. William penn: William penn will be hurting. They lost 5 seniors to last year’s team and a significant amount of offense and defense. Rumors of a sizable transfer student from sallies will be an immediate help with his size and experience.

12. Delcastle: Losing 9 seniors will hurt this team. They made a great run last year. It will be different this year. This could be a rebuilding year or two for this program.

13. Dover: Jordan Allen is gone. And what remains is a team that will begin to form a new identity. Not sure if #13 they will stay.

14. Woodbridge: There are a lot of people high on this team. I'm not sure they are going to make a run this like everyone thinks. They may beat up on the down state teams until they face an upstate team in the playoffs.

15. Appo: Rumored key offensive player for this team has transferred out. If this is so they will miss his production and his ability to give his teammates open shots because of the offensive attention he drew. They still have pieces to compete and defense will be there main focus. They will struggle offensively. The only weakness will be chemistry and if the coach can get them to buy into a team concept.

16. Glasgow: They lost two seniors from last year’s team, and they are looking to be a little more balanced. Most of their offense was behind Devon Earl who quietly made a name for himself as the season moved on. By the end of the season everyone knew who this kid was. Rumor has it that there is another guard that will be on the roster this year and should help give a balanced attack for the dragons. Not seeing them crack the top ten. But they could slip into the playoffs and have a solid showing.

17. Concord: They lose 4 seniors from last year’s team. They still have some size to compete. They fared well last year losing to the state champion runner ups in double overtime in the second round. They will have a lot more seniors this years, so the experience should get them to move up from this spot a make the playoffs. It will come down to their guard play and ability to defend the basket.

End of the year prediction: This year is tough. There was so much moving around of players and rumors of what schools was getting who it felt like the NBA free agency. But it looks like St. Elizabeth and Mount Pleasant have the combination of talent, size and the most experience. Not sure how the new coach will do with the talent at St. Elizabeth. Mount Pleasant is primed to be the first public school to win a state chip in some time if they can sure up there guards. And Stan waterman will have to do wonders to get his team to buy into strong team play until those young guys get some experience. St. Georges and Sallies will also be in the hunt this year as well. Sorry guys if there was a down state teams that has a shot it would St. Thomas More and Smyrna.

Freshman player impact: Obviously the biggest freshman impact will be Jyare Davis of Sanford. With Mikey Dixon gone he and Devin Harris are the future of this team. Hassan Perkins at Tatnall has had a great summer. Look to see him have good numbers this year. Others that had good summer Nasir Brown who is at St. Elizabeth. Javon Peace, and Jahkeish Demby.

Updated 10/4

Hey lets change some Team Rankings cause we

I don’t want to disrespect or contradict myself. People sometime misinterpret “one player” or “star player” when I mention some of players on the team. Most of the time those players are the face of the team. Do you need a great balance of other players to compete/ yes. But those star players normally take the bulk of the shots. The coach feels that the team’s soul is through that particular player. Jordan money has been the face of st. Elizabeth. Jair is the face of Sanford. These players at times seem to inspire the rest of their team to play harder or they have the confidence to make the right choices when the game is on the line. The one time I feel like that doesn’t fall into the mold this year is mount pleasant. They have so much talent down to their bench. That why I see them winning it. I really thought st. Elizabeth would be there because they have a veteran team and Sanford is still un experience to get back there yet. Now I watched the AI and st. Elizabeth game at AI. I was very impressed with AI. I was not impressed with Jordan Money’s body language during that crucial time as the big lead they had slipped away and they lost in the last 2 mins. And now im not sure that they really want it. there are a lot of teams that are making names for themselves to get to the chip. St. Georges, AI, Sanford, St. Thomas more, Mount pleasant, and maybe sallies, or appo. Sorry some may not be sold on St. E. but I am not sold on Smyrna, not sold on woodbridge, and not sold on cape, and even Newark is looking good, not sold on them either. And I hope that mount wins it. because I would love to see a public school win it after so many years. And yes non- votech is what I mean too. lol

NO ONE THAT CAME TO THE GAME WAS IMPRESs ED withYOUR. DREAM TEAM

Reactions: hoopsdownstate
Hey lets change some Team Rankings cause we

Hey the title on this line says pre season, not full season. And these rankings are basically a prediction of what they did last year and what they have coming back this year. Sorry there is no need to change it. And gives room for people to make a debate.

NO ONE THAT CAME TO THE GAME WAS IMPRESs ED withYOUR. DREAM TEAM

Ok… I don’t get the dream team comment. I think I was pretty clear that I was pretty biased for this year. I just expected more out of lot players that are quote un-quote good players that are supposedly carrying their teams. If you look at my statement I pretty much fill mount will win the whole thing. And it looks like there stating the case for me. I’m shocked but not surprised at how quickly Sanford has picked up. Newark is also looking really good. But I stick buy what I said. The final four could look like Sanford, st. Thomas more, mount pleasant, and maybe St. e, or AI. But all roads lead to Mount pleasant. Not a fan of Smyrna, or woodbridge.

Ok… I don’t get the dream team comment. I think I was pretty clear that I was pretty biased for this year. I just expected more out of lot players that are quote un-quote good players that are supposedly carrying their teams. If you look at my statement I pretty much fill mount will win the whole thing. And it looks like there stating the case for me. I’m shocked but not surprised at how quickly Sanford has picked up. Newark is also looking really good. But I stick buy what I said. The final four could look like Sanford, st. Thomas more, mount pleasant, and maybe St. e, or AI. But all roads lead to Mount pleasant. Not a fan of Smyrna, or woodbridge.
Sanford will not make final 4..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT