ADVERTISEMENT

Cape/CR

Hopefully Cape by 20 is a stretch, need the CR bigs to step up, could be closer than many thought....keeping my fingers crossed....please update score if possible, thanks

Trackwrestling also showed a team point deducted from Cape after that match. Smyrna beat St. Georges 46-21.

Sounds like a great match, kudos to Cape, hopefully CR can build on this early season loss

I'm in if your driving..........I tell you what, I will save you a seat January 4th when Central goes east to battle Cape. Admission on me.

Reactions: spartakos
I drove up for this match last night, hoping to see some good wrestling. What a great match. Cape is a pretty solid team. I hadn't heard much hype about CR this year, but from what I can tell- They could be dangerous later on in the season. They seemed to be coached really well, and the bottom half or so of their team was fantastic. Being an old school kind of guy, I was impressed with how well CR handled themselves after losing their Home opener in such a fashion. I was not impressed with how Cape carried themselves, and they absolutely deserved to lose that team point. I don't know what was said, but if that were my son- I would have wanted the coach to yoke him up right then and there. I don't know the coaches name, maybe he speaks to him today, who knows. Overall, two good teams and Both will get better as the season progresses. I will definitely make the trip if they end up meeting again. Anyone have any suggestions for good matches coming up?

I drove up for this match last night, hoping to see some good wrestling. What a great match. Cape is a pretty solid team. I hadn't heard much hype about CR this year, but from what I can tell- They could be dangerous later on in the season. They seemed to be coached really well, and the bottom half or so of their team was fantastic. Being an old school kind of guy, I was impressed with how well CR handled themselves after losing their Home opener in such a fashion. I was not impressed with how Cape carried themselves, and they absolutely deserved to lose that team point. I don't know what was said, but if that were my son- I would have wanted the coach to yoke him up right then and there. I don't know the coaches name, maybe he speaks to him today, who knows. Overall, two good teams and Both will get better as the season progresses. I will definitely make the trip if they end up meeting again. Anyone have any suggestions for good matches coming up?
Sussex Central @ Cape. January 4th

@MatMiracle I definitely agree with you. Cape needs to work on there sportsmanship, not just one kid but multiple kids. Win with some class!

My thoughts exactly. Unfortunately, it wasn't just one kid- it was several. I hope they get that under control, they lucked out but losing that point could have come back to bite them in the end, and in a future match it may.

Reactions: TrueBlue16
Central seems pretty solid again this year. They won the Milford tournament and beat Sussex Tech last night 72-3. Cape will be an great test to see where both teams are.

Being new to the area and the USA for all that matters I thoroughly enjoyed the CR/CAPE match. Well coached on both sides and tough lads across the board. In regards to the 1 point penalty, I asked the coaches on both sides to please explain this call to me. The Cape lad after the match shook his opponents hand and said " I will see you in states " I was told that the wrestlers are not permitted to talk to each other. I witnessed more than once last night the shaking of hands and the words " Good Match "
Sounds petty to me but i'm just and Irish bloke living the American dream.

Reactions: 84rider
Being new to the area and the USA for all that matters I thoroughly enjoyed the CR/CAPE match. Well coached on both sides and tough lads across the board. In regards to the 1 point penalty, I asked the coaches on both sides to please explain this call to me. The Cape lad after the match shook his opponents hand and said " I will see you in states " I was told that the wrestlers are not permitted to talk to each other. I witnessed more than once last night the shaking of hands and the words " Good Match "
Can't say exactly what was said, but I could definitely see the F word mouthed during the "statement"..

Reactions: concord87
You yanks are hilarious. This went from the coaches explaining the violation to I saw his lips move and next there will be penalties for thinking something but not actually saying it. How about no winners or losers and give everyone a participation ribbon.

I think what matmiracle was implying was that he was too far away to hear what the cape wrestler said but he saw his mouth form the words. I could care less what was said. The issue i had was that he did not handle his loss with dignity and he did not leave the mat after shaking hands. The cr wrestler shook his hand and immediately turned and began to walk away. The cape kid stood there running his mouth. Im all for rivalry and dog fight matches. Their match was a good one. Nothing to be ashamed of. Take your loss and walk off like a man. Get back in the room and work on the areas you fell short. Clearly irishshot has some ties with cape and probably the 120 pounder to be specific. Cape still won the match even with the point deduction. It was a very good dual. No point of crying over things that happened. Move on to the next one.

Caruso doesn't sound Irish at all. Your boy cursed in the mat. Deal with it bloke. ~ a yank that's on your side and was told what he said

I joined this group today after seeing that someone thinks that I am someone else. I have never understood why people assume things and post anonymously . My screen name is who I am so there never needs to be any guess work. Thanks Tim Caruso

eaglescout1
Bsfilter was pulling for Hayes I'll bet. See you at states. Blah ha ha ha. Coach needs to put the hammer down when kids act up. Oh wait guess that precedence was set to allow the boys to act however they want a few years back with his own. My boy would have been smacked upside his head.

must of been a short trip to US to come watch the Cape/CR match ,news of a great match up travels well , wonder how he heard of this great match and will he return for others ?

Reactions: MatMiracle
All Aboard! Sparty at the helm

e6eb57683c69963502d56288cd3a74d6.jpg

Guess he didn't like us yanks. We were too petty for him. But hey once again there were some great matches in that dual. Champ vs champ and some young guys stepped up bigtime. Cant wait for all the tough matches each week.

Reactions: DESportzFan13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT