ADVERTISEMENT

Champs

Sallies plays a really tough schedule, I give them props. When you’re playing against some of the best teams nationally injuries happen, it’s a whole different style of play and very physical. I think they represented the 302 well. People only hate you when you are good. In the words of Buddy Ryan “ if you’re not the lead dog, the view never changes.” Sallies will be back next year with a chip on their shoulders, believe it !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1987lax
Sallies plays a really tough schedule, I give them props. When you’re playing against some of the best teams nationally injuries happen, it’s a whole different style of play and very physical. I think they represented the 302 well. People only hate you when you are good. In the words of Buddy Ryan “ if you’re not the lead dog, the view never changes.” Sallies will be back next year with a chip on their shoulders, believe it !!!
They will be back with some extra clowns from Southeastern PA lol.

Those “clowns” are student athletes, young men. Cape just showed you, it ain’t where you’re from it’s where you’re at. I’m not sure why posters are calling them names. The first thing that comes to mind is jealousy and I’m not sure why.

Reactions: ReturnOfTheGate
Those “clowns” are student athletes, young men. Cape just showed you, it ain’t where you’re from it’s where you’re at. I’m not sure why posters are calling them names. The first thing that comes to mind is jealousy and I’m not sure why.
Are you asking why are people calling sallies a buncha clowns from Southeastern PA?

Are you asking why are people calling sallies a buncha clowns from Southeastern PA?

Look you’re entitled to your own opinions and this IS a public forum, so to cut to the point, when you like silly high school comments that lack substance ,I don’t see the point of it, maybe I missed something.

People gotta stop blaming the Sallies loss on injuries. Especially because we’re all just speculating about these injuries. If their whole season depends on 1 d-pole, they don’t deserve to win.

I watched both games this year, Capes just better. Sallies knows Capes offense was legit and played Sals played scared tonight. They tried to play slow on offense, waiting for the right look and then would lean on their FO guys to get them the ball right back. But Capes Defense forced turnovers and the Cape offense showed once again they are the best in the state, making the most of their limited possessions.

Look you’re entitled to your own opinions and this IS a public forum, so to cut to the point, when you like silly high school comments that lack substance ,I don’t see the point of it, maybe I missed something.
I have zero respect for the sals lax program. All comments even by immature high school kids are fine by me and fair game. Cape did it the right way. I dislike sallies lax so much I'd cheer for CR wrestling to beat them in a best of 5 series lol

Why do have zero respect for their program. You have the right to cheer for whom ever you like. I still don’t understand the zero respect for a high school lax program. Oh, I get it, it’s the old they have kids from Pa,NJ & De thing. So what, Cape beat them and some other teams played them tough. It’s hard to raise the bar, if it’s never been raised. I believe Sallies helped the progression of lax in De. Our differences in opinion are simply two ways to look at it. I’m more of a glass half full guy.

Cape was better this year. I was talking to my kid at beginning of the year and said this year and next we’re the years to beat Sallies. Ton of young talent that are FR now that ream will be a beast when they are JR’s. But next year will have same issues as this year.

So Cape got them this year, they lose a ton so who will be the one to beat Sals next year.

Isn’t Sallies like less than 10 miles from the PA and NJ borders? Who cares where their kids are from? Cape was the better team last night. Enjoy the summer.

When tatanall, st andrews ,tower hill, cr all were dominate lax teams back in day that was all good. Sals has won 10 total and been in 14 finals since 1993 give or take. Mostly the success in last 15 years. Cape won 6 and were in 11 finals in last 26 years. Historically its been pretty even except this last big run by sals. The sals soccer team CC basketball swimming and even wrestling im cool with. They all play hard and are respectful and have had big runs. Some of them have had more success than lax team. For whatever reason that coach , team parents and players are mostly a collection of punk a** b1tches . Look at the fans behavior last night, some drunk 60 year old guy trying to attack the student section for chanting public school. Players talking smack on social media, sals kids spitting in peoples faces and saying sh!t on field they would be embarrassed if their priest heard to say the least. I heard some of stuff they said in 14 and how they acted in 17. **** sallies and their collection of tri state all star clowns. I hope sanford beats them by 50 next year lol.

Last edited:
The sad state of sports today is that over the last five years I have yet to run into any team in most any sport that doesn't have the problems described above. Some may be worse than others but the trash talking that goes on and lack of respect of an opponent (even in victory) is just ridiculous. And the fact that people think going on a message board to detail the lack of class of another team or their hate for another team isn't clearly displaying their own lack of class is just mind boggling... As if their team doesn't participate in the nonsense. Model the behavior you want to see. Don't join in or ignore your own teams failures. Work to fix the problem... And if that doesn't work, smack your own kid the moment they start joining in on the stupidity.

Why do have zero respect for their program. You have the right to cheer for whom ever you like. I still don’t understand the zero respect for a high school lax program. Oh, I get it, it’s the old they have kids from Pa,NJ & De thing. So what, Cape beat them and some other teams played them tough. It’s hard to raise the bar, if it’s never been raised. I believe Sallies helped the progression of lax in De. Our differences in opinion are simply two ways to look at it. I’m more of a glass half full guy.

Cape showed the blueprint, play together for years, stay together for high school, be well coached and have the disipline to accept it. Problem is, that's easier said than done, that nucleus will get blown apart in New Castle county with the abundace of options both charter and private. Kent and to a lesser extent Sussex are seeing the same hurdles with the Tech schools.

That being said, Sals are here to stay folks, half a dozen seasoned transfers a year and the pipeline without boundries are tough to compete against, quality coaching, organizational support and a solid education make it an easy sell to polished 8th graders. So, enjoy the anomoly and start building to fight the power.

There are alot of great programs in Delaware to be proud of that do it the right way and have had incredible runs.Smyrna and CR wrestling . IR soccer, delmar field hockey. Cape lax and hockey. Sals swimming and CC. Those teams dont have those issues. Dont chalk it up to kids these days. Appo st marks and caravel baseball are class acts. I go to alot of games in alot of sports all over the state.sals lax is not one to put on a pedestal.

However we (adults) choose to lead the younger generations will follow. We need to be the example ie...if our kids see or read about us being obnoxious then they will assume it’s ok for them to do the same. Give respect and you will receive respect. The cycle doesn’t stop if we choose not to stop it. If you really don’t care for or if you don’t respect your opponent, beat them on the field not with your mouth.

Cape showed the blueprint, play together for years, stay together for high school, be well coached and have the disipline to accept it. Problem is, that's easier said than done, that nucleus will get blown apart in New Castle county with the abundace of options both charter and private. Kent and to a lesser extent Sussex are seeing the same hurdles with the Tech schools.

That being said, Sals are here to stay folks, half a dozen seasoned transfers a year and the pipeline without boundries are tough to compete against, quality coaching, organizational support and a solid education make it an easy sell to polished 8th graders. So, enjoy the anomoly and start building to fight the power.
No sports dynasty last forever. Look at st marks wrestling. Tower hill field hockey etc etc. Learn your history. Times and tastes change and someday all people will remember is they were dicks and won a few titles with some kids they never met before and are glad they are gone lol

@Leverage1991, I’m not here to change your opinion, like I said you’re entitled to yours. Remember if you’re not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Reactions: er43er
@Leverage1991, I’m not here to change your opinion, like I said you’re entitled to yours. Remember if you’re not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
I agree, Its a good life lesson. Be a punk , chase the ship at any cost and get smacked down with your losers parents and punk fans. Be humble work hard stick together since 1st grade and be about something and win. Pretty simple. Thanks

Reactions: WillyBeamon
No sports dynasty last forever. Look at st marks wrestling. Tower hill field hockey etc etc. Learn your history. Times and tastes change and someday all people will remember is they were dicks and won a few titles with some kids they never met before and are glad they are gone lol

If the score went the other way, would you have hanged yourself ? Just kidding you know....

If the score went the other way, would you have hanged yourself ? Just kidding you know....
Lol. I have been blessed my whole life. Winning and losing don't really bother me one way or another. I always just liked the grind and let chips fall where they may.

Im guessing that many here don't realize that Tatnall had always had kids from PA? These private school attract families that are just across the border. It's been happening for decades.

Does everyone realize that one of Cape's players is not a "homegrown Delaware player" and that he transferred in from a lax hotbed?

Does that mean Cape's success doesn't count?

Im guessing that many here don't realize that Tatnall had always had kids from PA? These private school attract families that are just across the border. It's been happening for decades.

Does everyone realize that one of Cape's players is not a "homegrown Delaware player" and that he transferred in from a lax hotbed?

Archmere is getting PA kids too, until they're a dynasty it won't matter... 1 kids family relocated to their beach house and the kid enrolls, joins a dozen kids that have played together for a decade, hardly spoils the homegrown aspect.

Reactions: Leverage1991

The issue is they are pompous dicks that are pansies and talk shit with loser parents and coaches that people are happy to see lose. I don't t care who beats them. It could be archmere or whoever That is all carry on

Lol. I have been blessed my whole life. Winning and losing don't really bother me one way or another. I always just liked the grind and let chips fall where they may.
Not sure why you despise Sallies so much...perhaps jealousy? Perhaps you never won a high school championship in your life, or even played high school lacrosse at all.

It's not sallies it's elitist lax people in general.
Archmere is getting PA kids too, until they're a dynasty it won't matter... 1 kids family relocated to their beach house and the kid enrolls, joins a dozen kids that have played together for a decade, hardly spoils the homegrown aspect.

Oh so it's "the kids that grew up playing together" thing then? Where do you think any half decent Wilmington kid grows up playing their youth ball at?

Not sure why you despise Sallies so much...perhaps jealousy? Perhaps you never won a high school championship in your life, or even played high school lacrosse at all.
Deny and counter accuse! Lol
Classic technique Delaxfanloser..
I Literally listed the reasons I don't like them in previous posts

Last edited:
Right, and when more kids decide to move into the cape district do you think Mark will tell them to go home because that's not the correct way to win?

Reactions: life lessons
Right, and when more kids decide to move into the cape district do you think Mark will tell them to go home because that's not the correct way to win?
Sals lost and they are clowns. I'm doubling down on sanford beating them next year also!!!!

Sals may say stuff on the field. I am sure Cape is no different.
However, the only folks I see running their mouths and proving their lack of class on this message board appear to be from Cape.

Sals may say stuff on the field. I am sure Cape is no different.
However, the only folks I see running their mouths and proving their lack of class on this message board appear to be from Cape.
Check out some of previous posts on this board by sals goalie not deleted. Totally classless. You have no idea where people are from and who they root for and to be honest it doesn't really matter. I have no dogs in fight my kids are all graduated college. I just call it like i see it.

Reactions: Gawkonthisauk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT