ADVERTISEMENT

Early Top 10 rankings for D1 and D2 ?

They would get bullied by everyone on that list except Friends...
Im gonna have to agree with mr. titz on this one. Tower Hill barely lost to the state champions Howard, and they beat us last year. Although I hate Tower Hill, they could be a potential championship team, hopefully against friends. I really hope this is not gonna happen. Here are my rankings:

D2
1. FRIENDS
2. St. Georges
3. DMA
4. Tower Hill
5. Glasgow
6. Howard
7. Tatnall
8. St. Marks
9. Hodgson
10. My surprise pick goes to: St. Andrews
I have a great feeling about this year in the Independent Conference

Last edited:
Reactions: Gwilliams38
Im gonna have to agree with mr. titz on this one. Tower Hill barely lost to the state champions Howard, and they beat us last year. Although I hate Tower Hill, they could be a potential championship team, hopefully against friends. I really hope this is not gonna happen. Here are my rankings:

D2
1. FRIENDS
2. St. Georges
3. DMA
4. Tower Hill
5. Glasgow
6. Howard
7. Tatnall
8. St. Marks
9. Hodgson
10. My surprise pick goes to: St. Andrews
I have a great feeling about this year in the Independent Conference
Someone get this clown off this thread

Reactions: Gwilliams38
Yeah, this is a troll job, no way you put St. Andrews in the top 10 over Caravel and Friends ahead of St. Georges, Glasgow or DMA.

and obviously St. Andrews was a joke... im glad someone got my humor

I am completely agree with friendsfootballlegand7. St. Andrews shows a lot of promise and deserves to be higher. After an 0-10 showing, they got rid of their coaching staff and revamped everything. With a 6'5 240 pound freshman quarterback who runs a 4.3, and a star running back and pair of receivers coming in, look for dominant playoff run and a possible state championship. I think they deserve the number 2 spot.

1. St. Georges
2. St. Andrews
3. Friends
4. Tower Hill
5. Howard
6. Caravel
7. Tatnall
8. DMA
9. Hodgson
10. With a comeback story...Red Lion

I am completely agree with friendsfootballlegand7. St. Andrews shows a lot of promise and deserves to be higher. After an 0-10 showing, they got rid of their coaching staff and revamped everything. With a 6'5 240 pound freshman quarterback who runs a 4.3, and a star running back and pair of receivers coming in, look for dominant playoff run and a possible state championship. I think they deserve the number 2 spot.

1. St. Georges
2. St. Andrews
3. Friends
4. Tower Hill
5. Howard
6. Caravel
7. Tatnall
8. DMA
9. Hodgson
10. With a comeback story...Red Lion
what are you talking about most of your statements are preposterous, I'd be very surprised if Red Lion or a St. Andrews makes it to the playoffs, this has to be a joke no way a 6'5 QB will be playing for them, I will watch the Championship game in a chicken suit if St Andrews is in it

Reactions: wrestlehead56
D2 is wide open ... there are about 12 teams that could take it..Coaching will be paramount though.. No one saw Howard coming last year and they put it together at the right time a ran it.. its all it takes. Instead of looking at who has what talent we should be looking at coaching at least this year with the talent being somewhat equal..JMHO

D2 is wide open ... there are about 12 teams that could take it..Coaching will be paramount though.. No one saw Howard coming last year and they put it together at the right time a ran it.. its all it takes. Instead of looking at who has what talent we should be looking at coaching at least this year with the talent being somewhat equal..JMHO
who would you say are those 12 teams?

In no particular order

Archmere
Caravel
Woodbridge
Glasgow
Friends
St Georges
HVT
Tower Hill
Lake Forest
Howard
DMA
St Marks

heck even a Delmar or Indian River could jump up..

I'm going on record and you can quote me, print it in the paper and put it on a t shirt lol. Woodbridge Blue Raiders will play for the D2 state title. They are LOADED. Sophomore lefty QB will do some big things this upcoming season. Had 2 backs rush for a 1000 each. The leading rusher is returning and will be ready to carry the load. They played 10 or more freshmen on the varsity level last season and did I mention they are LOADED. Manlove leaves much to be desired on offense but he has the weapons to hang 50 every Friday night.
Who was their leading rusher?

Im sorry but isn't everyone allowed to voice their opinion? I didn't insult your opinion even though its wrong. Mark my words Friends and TH will be in the semis
Have you ever even played football?

Have you ever even been south of the canal? Not one Henlopen team in your top 10 makes no sense, even if the St. Andrew's thing was a joke.

I'm Guessing your a Milford fan, I think they should compete this year as well
I don't know how you managed, but you figured out i'm a Milford guy. They should be fun to watch, I think they will be running the read option with a few good players at the skill positions.

I don't know how you managed, but you figured out i'm a Milford guy. They should be fun to watch, I think they will be running the read option with a few good players at the skill positions.

Guys, guys, guys, settle down here. This isn't the doghouse. I think it is obvious that Milford has absolutely NO chance of even winning this year. First off, their schedule is just WAY to difficult! They play teams like St. Andrews and Red Lion who are positioned to be powerhouses this upcoming season. I don't see them winning a game this season!

Friendsfootballlegend7, don't you agree? I know that you have been HEAVILY scouting those independent schools. St. Andrews looks like they are the team to beat, don't you agree?

Also, I think Seaford is in for a record breaking year. A lot of new talent in the incoming class. Keep your eyes open for some goood football!! (for everyone except Milford)

Reactions: ravensrooster2
I heard DE Academy of Public Safety and Security has a crap load of stud players coming in and plan to start a football program. look out for them!

Reactions: tizlaxtt
Whats your top 10 CountianJeff?

Remind me to answer this in August, although the picture probably won't be any clearer. Division II is probably going to be as big a crapshoot this season as it was last. What I do know though is at least one Henlopen team, probably two or three, will finish in the top 10.

I am with CJ.,, we have to see where players land and which ones grew over the summer before we can rank anything,, There is always a big jump between Soph year and JR year so many JV players will be Varsity guys come fall... have to see whats what then.. returners are only half the story its the upcomers who turn the tables

That Bowman kid is a heck of a runner, they should be a competing team as long as he is healthy

Reactions: Wolverine52
Also a big fan of Milford! They looked great last year. I'm interested since these guys are talking about the silk panty league(the Indy conference) are there any players to look out for there?

Guys, guys, guys, settle down here. This isn't the doghouse. I think it is obvious that Milford has absolutely NO chance of even winning this year. First off, their schedule is just WAY to difficult! They play teams like St. Andrews and Red Lion who are positioned to be powerhouses this upcoming season. I don't see them winning a game this season!

Friendsfootballlegend7, don't you agree? I know that you have been HEAVILY scouting those independent schools. St. Andrews looks like they are the team to beat, don't you agree?

Also, I think Seaford is in for a record breaking year. A lot of new talent in the incoming class. Keep your eyes open for some goood football!! (for everyone except Milford)
I have to agree. Actually, the only reason the Little Sisters of The Poor isn't on the Milford schedule, is because apparently they recruit.

I heard DE Academy of Public Safety and Security has a crap load of stud players coming in and plan to start a football program. look out for them!
With my daughter now teaching there, I am privy to some serious inside info. She is expecting big things from the spring play.

One thing we have to take into account now, North of the Canal anyway, is the WEIC redistricting program was approved, so how many kids from Newark, Glasgow and Christiana will be playing at McKean/A.I./Dickinson/Charter next fall. Christina being forced out of the city could REALLY weaken Glasgow.

Massey is listed as a SR. I don't think Riddick had a 1000 yards. Either way the Bridge is full of young players, and I agree should be pretty good. I feel they will win the South.
Yes, Massey was a senior. Riddick went over 1,000 late in the year. Will be interesting to see how the young RB's are used next year. One to watch should be Jamon Kane.

That Bowman kid is a heck of a runner, they should be a competing team as long as he is healthy

DJ's definitely gifted. And Milford has some other good running backs returning as well. But let's not forget, the Bucs are losing some really good linemen and a strong tight end. I don't care how good a back you are, if the guys in the trenches aren't getting it done, you are going to struggle against better teams.

Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
DJ's definitely gifted. And Milford has some other good running backs returning as well. But let's not forget, the Bucs are losing some really good linemen and a strong tight end. I don't care how good a back you are, if the guys in the trenches aren't getting it done, you are going to struggle against better teams.
No doubt that the line is the big question.

Good stuff, I'm glad we're talking football in February. I think we need the coaching change scenarios to play out before we can get serious about rankings.

I have to be honest here, it has been great being on vacation and not being such an avid reader or contributed to this site the last year and a half, really helped get some things in order. With that said, we might even see the return of the HS Breakdowns....who knows. I too agree that I'm glad there's this much talk here in February.

Just to put my ole two cents in......
DIVISION 1
1. Smyrna - Henderson and Knight....self explanatory. The Eagles will troll the Henlopen Conference once again. Come playoff time, different story.
2. Salesianum - Bill Dinardo! I almost don't want to put them this high, you are losing KEY contributors to their success from last year, Reeder and Cannon, honestly, I think they were a sub par team if it wasn't for this two. Granted you bring back the kid who stepped in for Cannon, but they have always been run heavy team and I just don't see who can step up to fill that void.
3. Middletown - returns several playmakers on both sides of the ball. The only concern for this team will be behind the center. Is the famous Fry kid ready for the big time, no one ones but with arguably the best running back core who's name is not Will Knight returning, it will only help settle his nerves. Two big games right from the start for newcomer Fry, CR AND WP.
4. Concord - only saw them once, and they have to get their QB play under control if they wish to compete. Returning the Roberts brothers is what gives them the edge right now. Always has size in the trenches but at times seems too one dimensional. And work on ball security!
5&6. William Penn/Sussex Tech - this one was too close for me. Both lose quality star power but at the same time returns a good nucleus with an even better coaching foundation to the point where there's no reason why they can't compete with anyone. Penn needs to find the big play ability again from their championship team ( the one thing missing from them last year which I believe was their downfall) and Tech just needs to find that confidence they had two years ago. Getting trumped by sallies, Smyrna and Middletown like they did tells me they aren't ready for that next tier, despite having the playmakers to do so.
7. Mt. Pleasant - no one could have done what they did last year. You get bullied by just about everyone at the D2 level and then reach the playoffs at D1. There's a high level of excitement and confidence stemming from that program and If they find one or two more playmakers on the outside, your looking at a sleeping giant.
8. Sussex Central
9. A.i. DuPont
10. Dover (w/Johnson) otherwise Appo

Last edited:
I'm afraid to even start contemplating the D2. I agree with I think it was RR, there's 12 teams capable and all have an equal share in the discussion

Riddick had over a 1000. He led Woodbridge in rushing and may have lead Henlopen South. Massey is a senior but has a little brother who saw action as a freshmen. The Kane kid will be really good in years to come. The BRIDGE is LOADED. If they can land some oline men they will be scary.

Rumor has it that a couple of Cape kids could be on the move to the bridge. A couple lineman and a big back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT