ADVERTISEMENT

ECA QB Alex Barker To Caravel

Jul 27, 2016
I was pretty sure this was going to happen, a lot of people were saying no because they had a senior starter returning but heard coach wanted him bad.

I was pretty sure this was going to happen, a lot of people were saying no because they had a senior starter returning but heard coach wanted him bad.

Possibly a total of four ECA kids will be at Caravel. Will be interesting football and baseball season this year.

Rising Freshman Henry Rivers was testing same time as Barker.. I don't know anything about him or if got in or is coming..

Coach told him the same thing he told my Son and every other kid who was looking to transfer there.. "Caravel is a great school and you seem like a great kid we would love to have you here" or something to that effect.. I am pretty sure when you coach at a small school that can barely get 40 kids out for football you welcome any kid who wants to come there . I guarantee you nothing was promised.. These kids will have to earn their playing time like everyone else..

Reactions: jwb703
Coach told him the same thing he told my Son and every other kid who was looking to transfer there.. "Caravel is a great school and you seem like a great kid we would love to have you here" or something to that effect.. I am pretty sure when you coach at a small school that can barely get 40 kids out for football you welcome any kid who wants to come there . I guarantee you nothing was promised.. These kids will have to earn their playing time like everyone else..

I am sure they will have to earn it as well, but i guarantee these boys will be starting :)

I am calling it now!
Sals play @ Caravel 9/30.....this game is sandwiched by 2 real tough opponents that just happen to have a genuine hatred for the Gents. ECAravel gets the big win!

I am sure they will have to earn it as well, but i guarantee these boys will be starting :)

The kids that have been there all summer I would say yes.. The QB I would't say its a guarantee,,The one they have has been there all summer 7v7 and Millersville camp and has looked real good. Barker is coming in pretty late and has a lot of catching up to do.. IMO we will have to see how it plays out he is not going to have the luxury of running that ECA system and practicing and playing 7on7 everyday with teammates like at ECA.. We will have to see how he looks in a much different situation

Last edited:
I am calling it now!
Sals play @ Caravel 9/30.....this game is sandwiched by 2 real tough opponents that just happen to have a genuine hatred for the Gents. ECAravel gets the big win!

LOL jawnsky the ECA kids are decent players but they are not D1 type kids.. They will help the team fill some roles but are not superstars.. The Penn transfer is a D1 type kid though

Congrats to caravel... Big pick ups... But let's not pretend that these kids are just ending up there on accident...
302- .....There is some validity to your statement.....to what degree?.....I honestly can't say, what is well known in the circle of trust is that the BUCS have acquired quite a few castoffs (not just the ECA kids). I like Caravel so all I will say is this, RR is correct-What coach would not want these OR any other kids to come out.
.....This all goes back to a long time debate on here......Do some programs recruit/ Influence or whatever you wanna call it ? The answer is YES

Kind of shady to bring in another Qb when u have a 3 year starter who's pretty good already... Same class... Both seniors... Real shady move by the coach in my opinion

LOL jawnsky the ECA kids are decent players but they are not D1 type kids.. They will help the team fill some roles but are not superstars.. The Penn transfer is a D1 type kid though

Good point.....
Either way- I really do see them beating Salesianum though.

what does matter more than anything is that all these kids are getting a chance to finish up and play somewhere!
......Its not as bad as that crap that Dover pulled a few years back

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Kind of shady to bring in another Qb when u have a 3 year starter who's pretty good already... Same class... Both seniors... Real shady move by the coach in my opinion

What is the coach supposed to do? Tell him he couldn't come there or tell him he can't come out for football?.. Caravel didn't seek any of these kids out..They inquired.. When it was apparent ECA was closing the coaches at ECA were calling around trying to place the kids.. A good handful or more of them wanted to check out CA.. not all got in or chose to come.. 1 came then left for St Frances.. There a few reasons why Caravel? The successes my son Badson, Lepere and some other kids they know are having in college has allot to do with it.. For Barker I believe baseball was a driving force..some of them would have went to CA if they didn't choose the ECA route

Last edited:
Let's not pretend that this kid wasn't recruited ... As well as the other kids....Some people on here actually know the kids and their families... Have have had their own dealings as well to form opinions based on facts etc... Again congrats to caravel ... Should be an interesting year

Lets keep in mind that ALL the parents/kids who jumped on board with RLCA/ECA did so for various reasons, but mostly for football enhancement purposes.

The kids that have been there all summer I would say yes.. The QB I would't say its a guarantee,,The one they have has been there all summer 7v7 and Millersville camp and has looked real good. Barker is coming in pretty late and has a lot of catching up to do.. IMO we will have to see how it plays out he is not going to have the luxury of running that ECA system and practicing and playing 7on7 everyday with teammates like at ECA.. We will have to see how he looks in a much different situation
Just saying every year Barker was at ECA he had to Learn a new offense. Smart kid

Reactions: jwb703
Don't see how this is different than what Dover did. Dover gave struggling inner city kids a chance to play and see life differently. The Baltimore lens is much different from the Delaware lens.

Heard the QB that is coming into ECAravel (absolutely love it) is a STUD with a couple of D1aa looks.

With the influx of talent Caravel becomes the favorite to win D2.

I will say I know for a FACT that the kids were not recruited by Caravel.

The kids wanted to stay together to some extent so they had to go the private school rout to do so. Like RR said not all could get in. But also the fact that most were close to the kids at Caravel already after playing rec league together, and other cases having GFs there. Honestly the coach got a huge break in this situation that had 4 great players fall into his lap with no effort

Hmm...adding Sallies this year with out knowing that an influx of talent may fall in their lap. I guess it was just coincidence :)

I guess it depends on your definition of the word recruit. Do I think school official and/or coaches called these kids' houses to ask them to go to Caravel? No, absolutely not. Do I think parents of current players who know parents of former ECA players tell them about Caravel? Yes, absolutely. I've done that myself. One of my kid's little league teammates shows promise? I'll ask the parent if they've thought about SCHOOL. I think that kind of "recruiting" happens all the time, but not the "coach-sitting-in-the-living-room" type of recruiting.

Reactions: Simmonj4618
I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but come on. I'm pretty sure Caravel is playing Sallies because that's one of the few Delaware teams they could get a game with. Besides, everyone knows the clones are too ............

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but come on. I'm pretty sure Caravel is playing Sallies because that's one of the few Delaware teams they could get a game with. Besides, everyone knows the clones are too ............

Actually Caravel already had a game scheduled that week with Episcopal Academy.. Sallies was the one stuck trying to fill that date.. Not sure what exactly happened with Episcopal but CA was able to mutually get out of that game to accommodate Sallies. CA has been trying to schedule Sallies every year but could only get the scrimmages.. This year the dates just worked out for both

I see no problem. The kid's parents probably don't either forking up the tuition.

CA 's financial aide has already been dibbied out for this year. They do that back in May or June Im pretty sure the kids CA did get are both serious about education and were paying at ECA as well.. Its a shame they couldn't get what they really need some of them big ole linemen. Penn and St E got those lol

Last edited:
I guess it depends on your definition of the word recruit. Do I think school official and/or coaches called these kids' houses to ask them to go to Caravel? No, absolutely not. Do I think parents of current players who know parents of former ECA players tell them about Caravel? Yes, absolutely. I've done that myself. One of my kid's little league teammates shows promise? I'll ask the parent if they've thought about SCHOOL. I think that kind of "recruiting" happens all the time, but not the "coach-sitting-in-the-living-room" type of recruiting.

On a different situation:
I think that kind of "recruiting" happens all the time, "but not the "coach-sitting-in-the-living-room" type of recruiting"
Word has it that type of "recruiting" is what happened to bring the BIG man from Salesianum to Penn. Coach Dooley sitting in the living room advising the family to use the Aunt's address to make him eligible..... hmmm

On a different situation:
I think that kind of "recruiting" happens all the time, "but not the "coach-sitting-in-the-living-room" type of recruiting"
Word has it that type of "recruiting" is what happened to bring the BIG man from Salesianum to Penn. Coach Dooley sitting in the living room advising the family to use the Aunt's address to make him eligible..... hmmm

That doesn't even make sense. Dooley knows darn well transferring from private to public all you need is a hardship waiver and say you cant afford the private.. Its always rubber stamped.. There is no reason for the Aunt thing besides that won't work unless the parents give guardianship to the Aunt I am sure Dooley know that as well

Hahaha, ECAravel!! I love it. cant swing a dead cat around there without hitting a transfer. crooked as a dogs hind leg, I tell you what

3 whole kids lol..As a Middleton fan I would be much more worried about the ECA kid at Smyrna or the two behemoth lineman transfers at Willy Penn then what Caravel has.. just saying,, Mtown doesn't and wont play CA this year

Reactions: Just Saying4
I thought Smyrna had 2 eca kids and I ain't sweating will penn, ain't got nobody to run behind those bigguns
Yeah they have the Gaynor kid and the big ole line kid from Sals and ECA.. I wouldn't write them off... plenty of athletes there... Ima gonna bump them in my rankings lol.. Cowtown looked good in 7on7 and the QB looked good but who do they have? Other than the Frye kid at QB I have heard of none of them Shit just got tighter for Mtown..Hope they have a good line

I was giving your team props for showing ambition. All I want is for you to like me.

I'll talk to coach and maybe we'll throw you guys a few scout teamers to solidify your squad
LOL my team?.. I'm not a Alumni, Booster or Coach there.. I go to games as well as other DE schools and hope CA does well only because my kids went there,, but in no way am I super fan or anything.. I am more of a fan of all the kids in DE going on to do great things whatever their background or what school they went to.. I do happen to think Caravel provides a great springboard into College as I experienced myself with my kid so yeah.. Any kid that can get in and wants to buy in go for it..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT