ADVERTISEMENT

ECA QB Alex Barker To Caravel

In looking at the QB situation at CA under the above perspective I see it as this.... Argoe had zero competition for the position the last two years at CA and Barker had zero competition at ECA the last two years.. Neither have really had to compete for the job .. Its my opinion regardless who wins the job both will learn life lessons that will carry them further in life... in short its a good situation for both boys as far as life lessons go.. JMHO

I have zero idea how it will play out but I do know both kids will benefit from the expeience
Wonder what type offense they are running , heard they are switching it up this year

Wonder what type offense they are running , heard they are switching it up this year

Don't know about the offense change.. Ill let you know in 4 days.. The QB competition is over.. Argoe transferred to Elkton. .. Elkton vs CA game just got a little more interesting

Last edited:
Don't know about the offense change.. Ill let you know in 4 days.. The QB competition is over.. Argoe transferred to Elkton. .. Elkton vs CA game just got a little more interesting
Yeah saw that coming,

Heard the very good soph running back from elkton was wanted by CA also

So the caravel kids are transferring out to make room for the ECAravel kids? Sounds about right

ehh I was kinda looking forward to watching the boys battle it out.... oh well it be what it be
Thats a shame. Kid spent 3-years at CA and now leaves. I know it's part of competition and fighting for a job but, it just doesn't seem right. You mean it is what it is? Wish him the best.

Thats a shame. Kid spent 3-years at CA and now leaves. I know it's part of competition and fighting for a job but, it just doesn't seem right. You mean it is what it is? Wish him the best.
He didnt have to leave , no one asked him to..IMO it was his job to lose..Its not part of competition and fighting for a job because he isnt staying and doing that.. To me it seems silly to invest 3 years of tuition into a Caravel degree and then leave because now there is competition for your spot on the football team when there was none before.. . I am not going to speculate on why they made that decision.. I do know the kid grew up in Elkton and played his youth ball for the Cecil Jags so I am sure he knows all the kids on the Elkton football team and will have an opportunity to graduate and play with allot of his friends.

Last edited:
Let me preface my previous post by reiterating . I was a kid from divorced parents .. one in the Military and one a hippie vagabond.. So I moved allot.. Went to a different High School every year due to custodial stuff and moving.. My Junior and Senior year I transferred to schools where there was a returning starting QB.. Both years I beat them out.. There may have been bitching and complaining from their parents I dont know but neither of them left and transferred out and both guys are still good friends of mine today.. Its life nothing guaranteed.. SO obviously I would be a hypocrite if I had a different view on the subject

Last edited:
@sparty a person who wanders from place to place without a home or job. She was part of the Rainbow gathering.. She settled in Santa Cruz CA with the rest of those tree huggers lol

Last edited:
@Cow..
RR real name is.. little Troy Aikman...

Thats funny Sparty.. My Senior year when I moved to MD from Cali the Coach called me Montana and no I was not that good he was making fun of me being a transfer from Califoria that and I wore #16 lol

Last edited:
He didnt have to leave , no one asked him to..IMO it was his job to lose..Its not part of competition and fighting for a job because he isnt staying and doing that.. I also don't think it was the kids decision not to stay and fight.. To me it seems silly to invest 3 years of tuition into a Caravel degree and then leave because now there is competition for your spot on the football team when there was none before.. . I am not going to speculate on why they made that decision.. I do know the kid grew up in Elkton and played his youth ball for the Cecil Jags so I am sure he knows all the kids on the Elkton football team and will have an opportunity to graduate and play with allot of his friends.

There is a side bar to this.. His pops who was Commissioner of the Cecil Jags rec program and a coach had no problem allowing ECA's Middle School kids to play on his Sons 13U team.. I am sure there were some parents in the program who took issue with the ECA out of state Delaware kids coming in and taking all the skills positions away from their kids kids who have played those positions and they donated and fund raised for their local program for years.. but hey those ECA kids made his kid look good (not that he wasn't already because he was but they made him look real good) I think that team won the championship or made it to the championship game that year I forget the ending.. It got muflfed because an ECA kid or 2 got kicked off the team in the playoffs or something.. Point being what is good for the goose is good for the gander.. Setting your kid up to never have to compete for his position is a bad proposition.. Just my humble opinion
Whatever the reason was, you have to respect the decision made.

Whatever the reason was, you have to respect the decision made.
Indeed..Everyone makes the decision they think is best for their kid.. I may have my own opinion but that is all it is.. Best of luck to the young man I enjoyed watching him grow and play at CA...

Bummy is not a troll. I use a model that employees a lot of statistical analysis. My pic of Smyrna over Sallies in the championship was the highlight of last year. I give ths Slowskys credit. They were the second best team in the City of Wilmington last year. Howard (like Smyrna) won the rematch in the title game. That was the one that counted.

Thanks for springing to my defense, raven.

Reactions: Jawnsky
Kid left due to his head coach being shady and recruiting another kid to come in and be the starter... Barker and his family wouldn't send him there if they didn't know that would be case.... also left after trying to touch base with his coach and was ignored... The level of disrespect in this situation is terrible by his so called coaching staff..... Its a matter of morals, loyalty and ethics... Competition is all fine and dandy but you don't do that to a kid who has been your guy for 3 years and has spent his high school career with his classmates etc and make him make that decision as a senior to leave all that behind because it's now a toss up if he plays or splits time with the new kid... Shame it went down like that and hope he comes back and Elkton beats caravel again this year... good luck Argoe

Reactions: bone_em_up
Kid left due to his head coach being shady and recruiting another kid to come in and be the starter... Barker and his family wouldn't send him there if they didn't know that would be case.... also left after trying to touch base with his coach and was ignored... The level of disrespect in this situation is terrible by his so called coaching staff..... Its a matter of morals, loyalty and ethics... Competition is all fine and dandy but you don't do that to a kid who has been your guy for 3 years and has spent his high school career with his classmates etc and make him make that decision as a senior to leave all that behind because it's now a toss up if he plays or splits time with the new kid... Shame it went down like that and hope he comes back and Elkton beats caravel again this year... good luck Argoe
Completely not true... No one recruited the kid..ECA closed and the parents and kid chose to go to Caravel after looking at other options.. I am guessing baseball, close to home and good academics, and even maybe he felt he could beat out the current starter were the deciding factors.. Promises of playing time or starting did not happen.. bunch of sour grapes here...

Last edited:
Bummy is not a troll. I use a model that employees a lot of statistical analysis. My pic of Smyrna over Sallies in the championship was the highlight of last year. I give ths Slowskys credit. They were the second best team in the City of Wilmington last year. Howard (like Smyrna) won the rematch in the title game. That was the one that counted.

Thanks for springing to my defense, raven.
While I admire your statistical analysis, it only came through for you twice last year, Judge and Smyrna. I actually thought at one time you had a grudge against the big S however with no bias you did have them ranked ahead of a playoff Quaker team, so I am a believer. Now with a projected 4 loss season ahead, I am sure academic world will be clamoring for your data. Cheers and bring out the "way too early" City rankings!!

Thanks, Eagle. While I appreciate your expression of admiration, I can't really go into the details of my mathematical model. It is in a critical stage of development and I wouldn't want it stolen by a Sports Book from Vegas. The cat would be out of the bag and II would lose any opportunity to monetize my hard work and efforts for the past few years.

It is interesting that you bring up the Quakers. Did you mean the Tower Hill Hillers? They are in the city limits of Wilmington like Salesianum, Howard, St. Elizabeth's and The Wilmington Charter School. (These are the teams that compete for the prestigious City of Wilmington Football title. ) The Hillers ran the Single Wing. Think about this: when is the last time that the Slowskys stopped the Single Wing Offense? Based on that question alone it might skew some of the internal formulae that drive Bummy's model.

Well, I have to get back to running data.

PS. The 2016 Opening City Rankings will be out right before the scrimmages. Bummy does see a big bounce for Charter.

What about the poor kid at Elkton who may get knocked out of the box? When will this quarterback madness end? Only the families involved know ALL the reasons these kids chose the schools they did.

I do find it a little amusing that the fact ECA DE kids playing in the rec league, was brought up as being an issue for some Elkton parents, in light of all the fund raising and emotional investment they had made. You could honestly say the same thing from the perspective of Argoe's family, three years of financial sacrifice and commitment can generate those seem feelings of anger when a family feels slighted. My best to all involved.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
What about the poor kid at Elkton who may get knocked out of the box? When will this quarterback madness end? Only the families involved know ALL the reasons these kids chose the schools they did.

I do find it a little amusing that the fact ECA DE kids playing in the rec league, was brought up as being an issue for some Elkton parents, in light of all the fund raising and emotional investment they had made. You could honestly say the same thing from the perspective of Argoe's family, three years of financial sacrifice and commitment can generate those seem feelings of anger when a family feels slighted. My best to all involved.

I didnt bring it up as an issue... my whole point is stuff happens and sometimes things happen like someone moving into your district or in rec some kid moves into the area and then you have to find yourself having to compete for your spot.. Its life it happens..My point of contention is don't blame others or run from it.. Stay and compete... If the CA kid left because he wasn't guaranteed a position on the football team then IMO he wasn't there for the right reasons to begin with.. If it was true the coaches recruited over him then I would see the point but that simply is not the case.. Its a matter of circumstance

This entitlement and rec league mentality is permeating HS sports and it sickens me really.. Every year you should have to expect to battle and win your spot.. JMHO

Let me put this another way.. Just because you were the starter the last 2 years with zero competition for the job what makes you think its automatic you start the next year? What if some kid from California moved to DE and their parents enrolled him at CA.. What if he happens to better than the other kid? Same thing is it not? Funny thing is I think Argoe could have won the job anyway but we will never know

If you dont't see the irony then that is on you it's pretty plain to see

Last edited:
Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
I was not disagreeing with your point at all, it was kind of my point with the "what happens to the Elkton kid?" question, that was tongue and cheek. As for staying or leaving it might simply be that Elkton is a better opportunity for Agroe. It could be playing time, it could be attitude, it could be any number of reasons. I am with you, for my kid it would have been stay and fight. However, his family views it differently, so I have to respect that.

There is no guarantee the kid wins the job at Elkton either..who knows what the coach there wants as a QB.. Maybe he likes a running QB which this kid is not.. I don;t know.. I just thought it was silly to give up a degree from a well respected private to get one from Elkton which is a poor performing school over football which is just game..

I guess if I would have had 3 years invested in a private school, I might be more inclined to have my kid finish the deal.But I still would make it his call.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT