ADVERTISEMENT

Face off men?

Idk about that. Keeler is very good but I heard that Ernest from Friends dominated him when they played a few weeks ago.

Charters guy against tower hill wasnt tieing things up, th's guy was grabbing his stick almost every time. Looked like 23 from charter won the actual draw 80% of the time but couldnt do anything cause th's guy was cheating.

yeah he did that against friends a lot too...i hope if any DE refs view this site they take note

No surprize if their face off guy is grabbing sticks. Tower's coach is the Bill Belichick of DE high school lax. He is quite the gamesman. He's the guy who consistently yells "OUCH!" every time a defenseman does a stick check on one of his players. And, it often works with our Old Men Delaware Refs who react to "OUCH!" by tossing their yellow flag into the sky. I don't understand how he doesn't get called on that cheap tactic.

Wow! Saying OUCH isnt a flag... Learn something knew everyday. 22 years of lacrosse and I was not aware. I need to catch up on the knew rules.

I saw the Sals TH game and I thought the kid from Sals held his own on face offs. Conversely I thought the kid from Tatnall had his way with the Sals face off men in the first round of the tournament. Does anyone have the stats from those two games to confirm or set record straight?

easy schedual for concord? yeah right they played polytech,sals,mount,susex tech, dover, middle town, and more maybe not the hardest but deffienetly by far not the eaisiest.

Faceoffdude...

If you took all the face offs this year for Concord you took 366 draws. Lets assume you are the man and you took 80 % of those... which is 293 that would mean that you won 220 face offs - Great Job

Curiously...

What was your % of faceoffs won in Concords 11 Wins
What was your % of faceoffs won in Concords 6 Losses

9 teams on your schedule were over 500
5 of those 9 teams made the playoffs
2 of those teams are still playing.

Laxpower has you as the 14th toughest schedule in the state behind Charter,Brandywine, Archmere, Sussex Tech, St. Marks, Cape, Sanford, CR, Friends, Tower Hill, St. Andrews, Sallies and Tatnall.

Come on laxplayer1991...seriously three or four easy games. You guys had a very respectable record of 11-6, but played 8 teams under 500.

You played 2-13 Delcastle, 7-8 William Penn (both are a game worse because of Middletowns forfeits to them), 1-13 Christiana, 5-10 Glasgow and Newark, 6-9 Middletown and Sussex Tech and then 7-8 Brandywine.

8 wins from teams under 500 and you outscored them 90-55 in those games, Average score of 11-6 hardly competitive games.

not a fan of dupont but you cant hold the ouch thng against him. really? i could name one thing a coach on each team in the state does consistantly every game to get the refs on there side. thats part of the game. sorry if tower hill beat you and that hurt your feelings. pretty good excuse though the coach saying ouch really swung the momentum

WOW you found me out...

You are correct, I know nothing about lacrosse...but I do know what I observed, and that is that I watched your team get smoked by Sallies where your 75% DROPPED TO ABOUT 10%, watched your team get smoked by Charter where your 75% DROPPED TO ABOUT 20%, watched your team get dismantled by Cape where your 75% DROPPED TO ABOUT 15%....the beauty of my observation is that I don't need to know about lacrosse to know that when the whistle blew you were trailing the play in games that could have won you the Blue Hen Conference, gotten you to the final four or proven that you were on a top ten team.

By the way, I have forgotten more about lacrosse than you know about lacrosse.

Dude it's part of the game. Like I said I don't like dupont but every single coach tries to get on the refs good side. If there not they are not trying to win. Coaches are always telling refs it's a good call trying to get friendly with them asking them about call it's all to get on to the refs good side. Come on you've got to know that
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

There is a huge difference in talking to the ref's about calls during the game and being a huge puss and saying ouch when your players get checked...I mean really thats just childish and shows that your soft.

not a th fan but i don't get what the big deal is with saying "ouch" how is that any different than yelling 'thats a slash' which im pretty sure every team does. it doesn't effect what the ref actually calls anyway

NO! DuPont does it every time his players are touched! When a coach thinks there is a slash they may say thats a slash...but that never draws a flag...saying ouch is just pussy!

In response to Laxative's 4/29 post about TH coach gamesmanship, I watched TH play many times this season and saw all of their playoff games. Calling "ouch" is the least of it. I witnessed him gain possesion for his team many times and at crutial times by calling for a time out when players from both teams were scrambling for ground balls and there was no clear posssesion. The refs are not that astute and I suppose just assumed that the coach was calling for time out at the appropriate time. Crafty. Additionally, the tone and lack of graciousness on the part of the parents of TH was unlike that of any other team whether they won or lost. They should be very proud of what their boys accomplished during the season but I wonder what sort of young adults they are producing at that school where the parents see fit to post messages on Delawareonline complaining that the coverage was not adequate or they did not "afford them the dignity" of spelling a name correctly. Again, kudos to the boys for a great season and for winning the state title. Among the "many things you do well" I hope you learn to act in a gracious manner as you continue on in your athletic careers.

haha...that stuff is funny (and Pathetic!!!)...I bet the coverage would be just fine if the score went the other way...didn't see the posts and don't care enough to go look...

I am late with the question but since this line started with the face off post...I thought face offs were a major contributing factor in the TH victory over Sallies. Does anyone have the stats from the game? I was there and I thought TH won all but one of the faceoffs. Also, did anyone see the Sals offsides at the end of the game? The ball was already well past midfield so the only reason I turned back was because the TH coach was yelling and screaming. To me that was the play/blunder of the game as it would have been very difficult for TH to regain possession and go the length of the filed in only 20 seconds. In any event what happened, did a Sals defender step over the line? I missed it completely.

Nielson only lost one faceoff,I agree. He was a huge factor for TH this year. Pole was offsides by five yards...Sallies bench was screeming at him so loud that is what most likely turned the refs head. Unfortunate mental error, they could have killed the clock.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT