ADVERTISEMENT

FNL Week 10 scores

Rule 2-2a "allows any part of his person other than hand or foot to touch the ground." Exceptions 1 and 2 are related to place kick holder. No mention of the person in the kicking postion

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Rule 2-2a "allows any part of his person other than hand or foot to touch the ground." Exceptions 1 and 2 are related to place kick holder. No mention of the person in the kicking postion

yeuup..I knew that linesman ump but needed firststate to confirm being I am not a ref for football but I do know the rules between HS, NCAA and the NFL

You guys were wrong on that one but the good news it had nothing to do with the outcome of the game.. The HS punter cant go to a knee to field a snap whether he punts it or not,, Thats a silly interpretation

Last edited:
yeuup..I knew that linesman ump but needed firststate to confirm being I am not a ref for football but I do know the rules between HS, NCAA and the NFL

You guys were wrong on that one but the good news it had nothing to do with the outcome of the game
I stand corrected. I do have a case book that says if punter isn’t pressured to offer some leeway. Anyway thank you for the help.

I stand corrected. I do have a case book that says if punter isn’t pressured to offer some leeway. Anyway thank you for the help.

Leeway for what? its HS knee hits the ground with possession of ball play is over? I didn't see the play but maybe it was close and leeway was ok but listening to the broadcast it seamed obvious the knee went down at least according to the commentators Benny and Jim

I will absolutely say you can see some things better from up there. When right on top of a play it is easy to miss something.

Normally I would agree but a punt? all eyes are on the punter looking for the roughing call It was a miss interpretation of the rule and called wrong ..plain and simple ..Its OK it happens all the time..Like I said in this case it had no bearing of the outcome of the game so its just a learning experience for the officials.. Thats a good thing

Reactions: linesmanmp
Hats off to Woodbridge. They controlled the line of scrimmage and they wanted it more than Delmar. The Cats have no reason to hang their head... they finished the season 9-1 and a playoff birth. Now it’s time to get back to work and defend their title. Hearn and his staff will have them ready for the playoffs. Go Wildcats.

Reactions: Chill44
D2 After Friday's Results

1. AI DuPont 6+6+4+4+4+4+4+4+4+1 = 41 (4.56)
2. Friends 4+4+4+0+4+4+4+4+1+2 = 33 (4.125)
3. Tower Hill 0+4+6+4+4+4+4+4+4+2+1 = 37 (4.11)
4. Archmere 1+4+4+4+4+4+4+4+6+4+2 = 41 (4.1)
5. Delmar 6+4+4+4+4+4+4+4+4+0+1 = 39 (3.9)
6. Howard 6+1+4+4+4+4+0+4+4+4+2+2 = 39 (3.9)
7. Woodbridge 4+1+0+4+4+4+4+4+4+4+2+1+2 = 38 (3.8)
8. DMA 6+4+4+0+1+0+4+4+6+2+2 = 33 (3.67)

So basically, the Friends/Tower and DMA/Conrad games tomorrow still hold a lot of weight for these seedings.

Field conditions on Saturday could be interesting.

Baynard hosting 3 games in 26 hours, Sallies tonight, St E's Saturday @ 2 then DMA @ 7PM. Field should be a mess by that time.

On the radio broadcast of the Sallies game they were making reference to the muddy spots of the field.

Surprised none of the Saturday games are not being moved to turf.

Concord/Caravel could move to Carvel
DelCastl/St G could move to St G

Friends/Tower Hill could move to Tower Hill but Friends probably would object to giving up home field advantage

D2 After Friday's Results

1. AI DuPont 6+6+4+4+4+4+4+4+4+1 = 41 (4.56)
2. Friends 4+4+4+0+4+4+4+4+1+2 = 33 (4.125)
3. Tower Hill 0+4+6+4+4+4+4+4+4+2+1 = 37 (4.11)
4. Archmere 1+4+4+4+4+4+4+4+6+4+2 = 41 (4.1)
5. Delmar 6+4+4+4+4+4+4+4+4+0+1 = 39 (3.9)
6. Howard 6+1+4+4+4+4+0+4+4+4+2+2 = 39 (3.9)
7. Woodbridge 4+1+0+4+4+4+4+4+4+4+2+1+2 = 38 (3.8)
8. DMA 6+4+4+0+1+0+4+4+6+2+2 = 33 (3.67)

So basically, the Friends/Tower and DMA/Conrad games tomorrow still hold a lot of weight for these seedings.

I thought I heard the 302 crew say it was a bang bang play and the game will be available for review.

Knee looked down to me and I was waiting for a whistle.

Anyone check it out yet in real time and slow motion?

Thursday
  • DuPont 34, Dickinson 0 - F
  • Sussex Central 63, Indian River 0 - F
  • Archmere 54, First State Military Academy 13 - F
Friday
  • Laurel 7, Seaford 0 - F
  • Howard 50, Glasgow 14 - F
  • Woodbridge 25, Delmar 0 - F
  • Dover 41, Caesar Rodney 2 - F
  • Smyrna 58, Polytech 6 - F
  • Sussex Tech 42, Cape Henlopen 14 - F
  • Lake Forest 31, Milford 28 - F
  • Salesianum 28, St. Mark's 0 - F

336 AM . Damn dude get some sleep aid.

Friends must be legit if they beat Woodbridge. The Bridge looks good.

The bridge looked real good on film last night,, how disciplined are they though? They weren't tested Just have a feeling the SPL teams will cause trouble for the Henny South teams..but AI has the athletes to overcome them all.. just one mans opinion though could be wrong its happen'd before

Last edited:
336 AM . Damn dude get some sleep aid.

Friends must be legit if they beat Woodbridge. The Bridge looks good.

passed out before 10.. woke up didn't know what time it was.. none the less AI is the best bet,, ride with me.. you know them southerners get all twisted by us northerners opinion on here lol haha a tiny State as big as most counties divided by north and south over some man made canal.. silliness.. I did look at the voting results most of DE North of Dover was Blue but south of Dover was Red .. why is that? For the record I am independent and only vote if there is someone or something I want to vote for ..I dont vote for the lessor of two evils

Last edited:
No Tavern tonight. I am fine, tip o' the cap to Lake, they wanted it more.
I agree. Lake finished @ 6-4. All the losses were to tournament teams (Friends, AI, Delmar,WB) & the Friends game was close - 12-0 Lake mid-way through the 2nd quarter, final score was 14-12.

Next year they replace AI and Caravel with Polytech and Mount Pleasant as non-conference opponents while keeping Tatnall and Friends.

I agree. Lake finished @ 6-4. All the losses were to tournament teams (Friends, AI, Delmar,WB) & the Friends game was close - 12-0 Lake mid-way through the 2nd quarter, final score was 14-12.

Next year they replace AI and Caravel with Polytech and Mount Pleasant as non-conference opponents while keeping Tatnall and Friends.

Wayne,
Great point about the 4 losses and Mount is a possible 6 point win. They are on the rise....

So is Poly,,, making a schedule to get in is one thing but having the team to make it t to the chip is another thing ..teams that are tested will always win .. Testing your team makes winners.. Loading up on puffs make them soft,,, In the end the roosters will come home to roost.. The bunnies go back in their holes and thump their legs

I don’t like to piss off my Sussex County friends, I’ve got a beach house that I enjoy . They are a touchy bunch though . After last night I’m a WB believer. I want to see AI beat a good team, not their fault Flight B is awful. My north team is Archmere. Tough and physical team and well coached .

Friends 3, Tower Hill 3 end 3Q

yeah like these two will make any noise in the tournament.. SMH,,, AI , Woodbridge, or Delmar,, thats the truth

Reactions: sbb19940
Saturday
  • Caravel 20, Concord 12 - F
  • Hodgson 14, Middletown 7 - F
  • Brandywine 14, Mount Pleasant 7 - F
  • St. Georges 21, Delcastle 6 - F
  • Christiana, 14, McKean 12 - F
  • Red Lion 6, Charter, 0 - F
  • Appoquinimink 14, William Penn 0 - F
  • St. Andrew's 25, Tatnall 7 - F
  • St. Elizabeth 35, Newark 0 - F
  • Wilmington Friends 10, Tower Hill 3 - F
  • Conrad at DMA, 7 p.m.

only 1 running clock,, St G v Delcastle score baffles me ..so does St Andrews v Tatnall

only 6 RC's this week sans DMA v Conrad

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT