ADVERTISEMENT

FNL Week 6 Scores part deux

What non dumb as hell criteria would you have used to put them lower? Losing to out of state team and Middletown? Started 0-2 last year and kept high ranking. It worked out. Would you have factored in the graduation of Knight and others, and gave some arbitrary ranking. Well, any rankings are arbitrary until evidence suggest they are wrong and adjustments are made. Don't look at it one hour retroactively and denounce Heritage rankings. Rankings are best guess based on that individual's assessment. It's not a science and always subject to changes. If Smyrna had won, I doubt you would be posting about how accurate dem dere rate'ins were.
eye test among the other things you mentioned.. I said it earlier if you care to go back and read my posts months ago.. I backed off due to respect for you and coach Marks but I knew without a Knight or a Henderson things were going to drop. Smyrna never had a great D not to say they didn't have some good defensive players as they did but schematically ok but not good as a whole.. Bottom line offensively to run Marks system you have to have a good smart QB (notice I changed that from great QB?) last year aside because it was all Knight and last year they had a very good D.. Knight ,LB4 and hendo are gone and now they are ave DE D1 team.. like I said Scheme shmeem its Jimmys and Joes.. IF you got J and J you can run any scheme

Reactions: youjustme
FRIDAY
  • Middletown 34, Salesianum 7 F (pretty much as expected Mtown still has to sure up the dumb mistakes and come home from FLA intact)
  • Tower Hill 38, George (Pa.) 6 F (TH should be ashamed Boy George scored)
  • Caesar Rodney 29, Cape Henlopen 9 F (JD Maull has a ton of work on his hands, CR still CR)
  • North East (Md.) 48, First State Military 7 F (yeah well a real HS team vs a start up Charter what do you expect)
  • McKean 30, Dickinson 8 F ( flush the toilet ho hum)
  • St. Georges Tech 33, Newark 17 F ( surprised ST G had this much trouble with the Jackets but I will refer to my summer comments that Newark had some talent and coaching was an issue,,maybe just maybe the boys are coming together if only just a little.. hey take progress where you can get it)
  • Indian River 29, Seaford 28 F (not sure what to make of this game. Seafood is at the bottom rungs of DE football never thought IR was there yet but hmmm..Is Seafood improving or is IR at that level? )
  • Dover 59, Sussex Tech 20 F ( Dover continues after the Central drop to put the pts up, we now know Central D is nothing to be trifled with I look for Dover to be 2nd in the HN and to be trouble in the tournament)
  • Appoquinimink 35, Brandywine 8 F (Appo treads water as an ave D1 team will always be a bridesmaid but never a bride)
  • Sussex Central 31, Smyrna 12 F ( this is not surprising. everyone knew life without WK was going to change for the Eagles and everyone knew Central had their number defensively even with WK,not really that hard to understand the outcome)
  • Conrad 32, Charter 7 F (how freaking bad is Charter? D1 really? I am with FOFB123 put them in D3 and who cares about if some tuba player wants to try out for football)
  • Wilmington Friends 40, St. Elizabeth's 0 ( shocker score its time us SPL haters realize Friends is a contender as well has upped their schedule some recently . Friends is in the upper 4 in D2 not only in schedule but results the last 4 years.. A program that had built up to respectability and if they win it wont be a shocker.. All hail Tattersalls
  • A.I. du Pont 49, Glasgow 0 F ( game halted at half hmmm why.. do we halt games at half because your getting your ass beat now? what happened to letting the back ups play?
  • Woodbridge 34, Milford 7 F ( jekyll and hyde WB and jekyll and Hyde Milf,, MILF gonna get pounded in D1 just saying)
  • Capital Prep Magnet (CT) at Caravel, forfeit ( weak ass CPM scheduling a game when they didnt have funds to travel BS )

Last edited:
Division 1 Prediction.....

Middletown/Hodgson 1-2 no matter what their outcome is when they meet.

Followed by Central, Dover, Caesar Rodney, Salesianum.

I'm predicting Dover beats Smyrna, and Sallies beats Westminster.

If Sallies loses to Westminster, the winner of Smyrna/Sallies makes it as the 6th seed.

HS Sallies will lose to Westminster dont let their losses fool you they lost to very good teams

FRIDAY
  • Middletown 34, Salesianum 7 F (pretty much as expected Mtown still has to sure up the dumb mistakes and come home from FLA intact)
  • Caesar Rodney 29, Cape Henlopen 9 F (JD Maull has a ton of work on his hands, CR still CR)
  • North East (Md.) 48, First State Military 7 F (yeah well a real HS team vs a start up Charter what do you expect)
  • St. Georges Tech 33, Newark 17 F ( surprised ST G had this much trouble with the Jackets but I will refer to my summer comments that Newark had some talent and coaching was an issue,,maybe just maybe the boys are coming together if only just a little.. hey take progress where you can get it)
  • Indian River 29, Seaford 28 F (not sure what to make of this game. Seafood is at the bottom rungs of DE football never thought IR was there yet but hmmm..Is Seafood improving or is IR at that level? )
  • Dover 59, Sussex Tech 20 F ( Dover continues after the Central drop to put the pts up, we now know Central D is nothing to be trifled with I look for Dover to be 2nd in the HN and to be rouble in the tournament)
  • Appoquinimink 35, Brandywine 8 F (Appo treads water as an ave D1 team will always be a bridesmaid but never a bride)
  • Sussex Central 31, Smyrna 12 F ( this is not surprising. everyone knew life without WK was going to change for the Eagles and everyone knew Central had their number defensively even with WK,not really that hard to understand the outcome)
  • Conrad 32, Charter 7 F (how freaking bad is Charter? D1 really? I am with FOBF123 put them in D3 and who cares about if some tuba player wants to try out for football)
  • Wilmington Friends 40, St. Elizabeth's 0 ( shocker score wise its time us SPL haters realize Friends is a contender as well has upped their schedule some recently . Friends is in the upper 4 in D2 not only in schedule but results the last 4 years.. A program that had built up to respectability and if they win it wont be a shocker.. All hail Tattersalls
  • A.I. du Pont 49, Glasgow 0 F ( game halted at half hmmm why.. do we halt games at half because your getting your ass beat now? what happened to letting the back ups play?
  • Woodbridge 34, Milford 7 F ( jekyll and hyde WB and jekyll and Hyde Milf,, MILF gonna get pounded in D1 just saying)
  • Capital Prep Magnet (CT) at Caravel, forfeit ( weak ass CPM scheduling a game when they didnt have funds to travel BS )

NPOA

I dont understand why there is such a down a down play on central. Looks like everybody was just waiting for smyrna to win. Shame Central has it going on this year. Plus at home. Different ball game down Georgetown.
As far as Smyrna is concerned they still have a great coach who runs a great system. Problem for them now is flat out personal. They dont have the henderson's, knights and big o line weve seen

fan, be reasonable. They stunk tonight but I wouldn't count them out of a tournament spot yet. The early schedule was a set up for them. When I stated that I got hammered as some kind of fool.

They should get a W against Penn. It won't be easy. They have Westminster at home. This will be tough but I have a good feeling about this game. Smyrna..who knows. St Mark's maybe a 5 point win.

This bunch is next years team. They should be in top 4. Looking at Sals schedule for next year they host Dover, Penn, Middletown, Hodgson.
They travel to: Appo, Smyrna (to balance Home and Away), St Georges, and St. Marks. ( drop this game, please). They have 2 open dates 10/4,10/11 and my guess is that they're out of state teams. Judge usually doesn't have open dates that late.

Good luck to Middletown at IMG. Stay healthy.

Bummy; I really hoped that BDN retired after coaching his son last season. Alas, there is nothing so sad as a football coach or politician that time has passed by.

No one is down playing Central Hell I acknowledge their DC is putting in work. with that the players are doing their jobs as well ..Hell I am on the Central Station Train.. Just follow the map lol Still want to know the name of the DC..Websiteforsports doesnt give it up

Bummy; I really hoped that BDN retired after coaching his son last season. Alas, there is nothing so sad as a football coach or politician that time has passed by.

Looks like someone revisited the MTGW.
Billys' Clothing Line For Success available now at the Middletown GoodWill.

Pants = Khakis (traditional fit)
Shirt = Classic Long Sleeve Oxford (faded light pink, might have been white one time only)
Hat = Ascot (blue, faded of course)

Looks like someone revisited the MTGW.
Billys' Clothing Line For Success available now at the Middletown GoodWill.

Pants = Khakis (traditional fit)
Shirt = Classic Long Sleeve Oxford (faded light pink, might have been white one time only)
Hat = Ascot (blue, faded of course)

From the incomprehensible to the bizarre.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
I figured out MTGW was the Middle Town Good Will store.. Billy I assume is Bill Dinardo? and the rest is his coaching attire? so I assume he means you can go buy these items dirt cheap and become a great coach lol

@AIHSAthletics dispatches @Glasgow_sports 49-0 in the first half and they will not play the back end of that one
I don’t understand this. When did this
FRIDAY
  • Dover 59, Sussex Tech 20 F ( Dover continues after the Central drop to put the pts up, we now know Central D is nothing to be trifled with I look for Dover to be 2nd in the HN and to be trouble in the tournament)
  • Conrad 32, Charter 7 F (how freaking bad is Charter? D1 really? I am with FOFB123 put them in D3 and who cares about if some tuba player wants to try out for football)
  • Wilmington Friends 40, St. Elizabeth's 0 ( shocker score its time us SPL haters realize Friends is a contender as well has upped their schedule some recently . Friends is in the upper 4 in D2 not only in schedule but results the last 4 years.. A program that had built up to respectability and if they win it wont be a shocker.. All hail Tattersalls
FWIW, AI & Glasgow did play 4 qrtrs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT