ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night Scores...please

I agree MT's D is good enought to beat Smyrna by virtue of Smyna cant kick MTs D will stop Smynas 2 pt conversions enough to win

Sallies was the only only team on the schedule to beat MT or S..Salllies has their worst team in a decade so that isnt happening... This game is inevitable and I cant wait

Reactions: Jawnsky
Whatchu talking about Willis?????? I've been an avid poster since 2006 that I can remember. I stopped doing the breakdowns and working for DIFCA. I never left. Just got tired of reading all the bullshit that's been posted on this forum. It's a football forum, talk about football, not where you guys like to eat out at. That's why this place has gone to shit. I'm sure half of you meet up for breakfast every morning and talk about what could have been when you guys played football, living through the team your kids play on now.

.......strike a nerve there?
all kidding/flaming aside.....it will be the Cavs vs Eagles!

People is crazy to think MT can beat Smryna.. They praying for a miracle... Put a running clock on them with ease... There defense is not that great to stop all those weapons... Keep dreaming...

Whatchu talking about Willis?????? I've been an avid poster since 2006 that I can remember. I stopped doing the breakdowns and working for DIFCA. I never left. Just got tired of reading all the bullshit that's been posted on this forum. It's a football forum, talk about football, not where you guys like to eat out at. That's why this place has gone to shit. I'm sure half of you meet up for breakfast every morning and talk about what could have been when you guys played football, living through the team your kids play on now.
I met HC a long time ago when he started posting. I met his dad. He is a genuine good person. I believe he posted some things after the 2013 D1 title game...after he had a few drinks. He actually apologized.

Good,person.

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
I once was in a therapy group where you had to say something nice about the group members.

I will start. ravenrooster is a well intended fine Christian gentleman. OK, who goes next?

People is crazy to think MT can beat Smryna.. They praying for a miracle... Put a running clock on them with ease... There defense is not that great to stop all those weapons... Keep dreaming...
are you nuts? or just talking smack.. Smyrna has yet to play a team with any offense,,Yep they will score on any team in DE no question,, but MT can score as well..

Smryna has given up 42 pts this season Middletown has given up 0

Regardless what a previous poster stated MT is the #1 D in the state.

A previous poster was probably referring to Smyrna's #1 defense and not Smyrna defense being #1. Just guessing!

Reactions: DENative
Sparty...MT better score more than 38 points if they plan to beat Smyrna. You honestly think that if the Smyrna #1s are in the game for 4 quarters, they will score just three touchdowns? MT D is good but let's keep a little realism in the scenerio. I will give you 28-38 points for MT but Smyrna will score at least 46. Smyrna 46 MT 32. And I'm being generous so as not to overly offend. You heard it here first. :)

your inside looking out..
I'm outside looking all over!!
see what I did there?
Haha,,,You're right but I am a scientist trained to evaluate things objectively. I never let emotional connections influence my analysis. If you recall, I was critical of Smyrna last year with the penalties and even some play calling. And that was with two pups in the kennel (chicks in the nest doesn't quite sound right!}

People praying for Mt defense to stop Smryna.. Simple put.. They cant .. Only way That happens is they play with 12 players.. Lol.. Cant wait until they play... Not even going to be close... Back to back State champions..bo ok it....

I have seen Smyrna a few times, good, well yes they are. Now what I have seen on the teams that play them, they think they can show up and just play the defense they do against others, those teams need to play with a defense to slow Smyrna up. You can't come in there and play MY defense. Plus the games I have seen the other teams do not adjust, no matter what. If you so-so coaches think you will win against Smyrna playing the same game plan you use on all others. My advice don't show up.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
I once was in a therapy group where you had to say something nice about the group members.

I will start. ravenrooster is a well intended fine Christian gentleman. OK, who goes next?
I once thought that Carmine Sabatini was a Mafia King Pin. I later learned, he was just a powerful importer. There are such people.

I could have married Olivia Newton John. I chose not to.
poor choice..

264ab2d8abdce9738dee675b686d9b52.jpg

I have seen Smyrna a few times, good, well yes they are. Now what I have seen on the teams that play them, they think they can show up and just play the defense they do against others, those teams need to play with a defense to slow Smyrna up. You can't come in there and play MY defense. Plus the games I have seen the other teams do not adjust, no matter what. If you so-so coaches think you will win against Smyrna playing the same game plan you use on all others. My advice don't show up.

MLV, Welcome back. You are so right. I am just back in town (bar mitzvah) so I missed the Smyrna - Slowsky game. Smyrna will overwhelm just about every team they play with their offenxpsive talent and scheme/pace. What good coach would think I will just beat them with what we do. No, that can't be done with this team here in DE.

Maybe next year. Or the year after the talent level will fall off. Last year, the Slowskys got away with the we can beat with our guys strategy. This year...it ain't gonna happen. In the Title game DelPercio will make defensive adjustments. He might get beat but at least he is adjusting.

MLV, Welcome back. You are so right. I am just back in town (bar mitzvah) so I missed the Smyrna - Slowsky game. Smyrna will overwhelm just about every team they play with their offenxpsive talent and scheme/pace. What good coach would think I will just beat them with what we do. No, that can't be done with this team here in DE.

Maybe next year. Or the year after the talent level will fall off. Last year, the Slowskys got away with the we can beat with our guys strategy. This year...it ain't gonna happen. In the Title game DelPercio will make defensive adjustments. He might get beat but at least he is adjusting.

You have to play cover 2 or Tampa 2 vs Smyrna...but its just not lining up in a cover 2 formation you have to be able teach the defense... like re routing the recievers, faking blitzes forcing the QB to audible and the alley guys are key.. anyway dont want get too much into it.. I see to many teams just try and put a man on the guys in the spread and that is trouble.... MT vs Smyrna game is a great match up .. I think both teams will score.. I am actually going to flip flop and give my 1 vote back to Smyrna... not that I dont think MT has the best D in the state they do..but Leddie Brown is the difference maker..without LB I stay with MT with LB fly Eagles fly unstopable

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT