ADVERTISEMENT

HC Ejection?

cavaliercharlie

Good all around Player
Oct 17, 2011
Sun Village / Marcus Hook
"A few questionable calls/non-calls fired up the Smyrna sideline and head coach Mike Judy was ejected for two personal fouls in-a-row."

Any Bleacher report? Did the punishment fit the crime? What are the rules on HC ejection, eligible for next game? When was the last time a DEHSFBHC ejected?

same as it is for the players.. He out next week as well unless he appeals and gets it overturned Life is hard without WK just saying Have to coach now no worries Smyrna coaches are light years better then anyone in DE No one can stop their system-surely they will overcome this and win 4 chips in a row

Last edited:
he got ejected for 2 Unsportsmanlike fouls not personal fouls. And unless he appeals it(and winds) , he sits out next week.

I have no dog in this fight, but I saw the video of the play on the news. Sure looked like a whistle should have been blown. The pile was stopped and was going nowhere, but apparently no whistle was blown. The Dover kid then ripped the ball out and took off. Big play in what ended up being a one touchdown difference.

same as it is for the players.. He out next week as well unless he appeals and gets it overturned Life is hard without WK just saying Have to coach now no worries Smyrna coaches are light years better then anyone in DE No one can stop their system-surely they will overcome this and win 4 chips in a row
Who's a homer now! Lmao.

"A few questionable calls/non-calls fired up the Smyrna sideline and head coach Mike Judy was ejected for two personal fouls in-a-row."

Any Bleacher report? Did the punishment fit the crime? What are the rules on HC ejection, eligible for next game? When was the last time a DEHSFBHC ejected?
Also you asked when was the last time a coach was ejected. Umm try last week lol.

Very strange call. No whistle, no beanbag indicating a fumble yet it looked as if Dover picked the ball up off the carpet. Looking even further at the play, even if it was a fumble, Peace's knee looked to be down when he picked up the ball. Having said all that, bad/missed calls happen all the time, welcome to Delaware football.

Everyone is forgetting the fact that the only reason Smyrna was down on the goal line is because the refs got them down there. Dover probably was flagged for 300+ yards in penalties. And it was not very smart for the HC to get two 15yd penalties when his team was on Dover’s 9yd line. Went from 4th & 9 to 4th & 39.

Everyone is forgetting the fact that the only reason Smyrna was down on the goal line is because the refs got them down there. Dover probably was flagged for 300+ yards in penalties. And it was not very smart for the HC to get two 15yd penalties when his team was on Dover’s 9yd line. Went from 4th & 9 to 4th & 39.

OH MY GOD!!!! Dover getting penalties????!!!! Holy shit! What a shock!!!

Dover is known for being undisciplined and penalty prone. Year in. Year out. Especially when they are losing. Good thing they were winning or else they would have had 1000 yards in penalties

What you aren’t talking about is how Jody ran across the field the first time to the opposite goal line in the middle of the game and the refs only gave him a “warning.” BS because he went well beyond half of the field and to the goal line and his players weren’t fighting. Should’ve been an automatic flag right there.
Jody is a smart man he didn’t do all of that nonsense for nothing! He did it to get his players and fans pumped up after they started out flat! He knew he had to do something. Very good ball game by both teams. Everything you want from a hs game. Refs didn’t blow this game. But they almost did with the lack of holding and pushing in the back calls from Smyrna players. Very blatant all night.

What you aren’t talking about is how Jody ran across the field the first time to the opposite goal line in the middle of the game and the refs only gave him a “warning.” BS because he went well beyond half of the field and to the goal line and his players weren’t fighting. Should’ve been an automatic flag right there.
Jody is a smart man he didn’t do all of that nonsense for nothing! He did it to get his players and fans pumped up after they started out flat! He knew he had to do something. Very good ball game by both teams. Everything you want from a hs game. Refs didn’t blow this game. But they almost did with the lack of holding and pushing in the back calls from Smyrna players. Very blatant all night.

Refs blew it. Score was 14-0 and Smyrna had the ball 1st and goal from the 1. Whaley has forward progress stopped at inch line, 4 seconds pass, Dover finally rips ball out and then scores. All of a sudden the score is 22-0 instead of what probably would have been 14-8. I don’t have to explain this to you because I’m sure you’re a really talented cashier but that’s a 16 point swing.

Refs stole it. It happens so whatever but don’t act like the refs didn’t take that game away from one team

Reactions: runningman12001
Play-To-The-Whistle.png

Refs blew it. Score was 14-0 and Smyrna had the ball 1st and goal from the 1. Whaley has forward progress stopped at inch line, 4 seconds pass, Dover finally rips ball out and then scores. All of a sudden the score is 22-0 instead of what probably would have been 14-8. I don’t have to explain this to you because I’m sure you’re a really talented cashier but that’s a 16 point swing.

Refs stole it. It happens so whatever but don’t act like the refs didn’t take that game away from one team

Okay they score. 14-8. Smyrna couldn't stop Dovers offense so they would put up a score next possession.
Refs made some bad/questionable calls but cant say one didn't earn it and the other was "robbed"

Reactions: SouthDude
Okay they score. 14-8. Smyrna couldn't stop Dovers offense so they would put up a score next possession.
Refs made some bad/questionable calls but cant say one didn't earn it and the other was "robbed"
It’s only the Smyrna faithful stating this. Blind sided by the loss and trying to grieve that their playoffs chances are all but done. They are trying to find an excuse for the shock.
And can someone tell the Smyrna coaches to seeking out the different media outlets to talk about how much the refs screwed them over? Enough already...damn. Imagine the fines that that would be assessed right now.

U know, I have actually seen bad/missed calls at many of the games I have covered, some of them with major impact. I have heard coaches from many teams chirping at the refs for an entire game. But this is the first time I have seen a Delaware coach go on video and complain the way Smyrna did. All the bitching in the world won't get you the W you think you deserved. Instead of complaining about the officiating, you should be in the film room trying to figure out why you didn't stop the other 38 points you gave up.

yeah Ikey I have been a huge Marks fan and proponent of him not really liking this move.... win with grace lose with grace kinda shocked actually..

Last edited:
1) ball was over the line

2) if it wasn’t, forward progress was clearly stopped (with ball over line)

3) Looks like that big galoot was looking at Peace with his knee down and didn’t blow the whistle, letting him run for a TD

The "big galoot" is the umpire. Umpires almost never blow there whistles unless there is a penalty before the snap.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT