ADVERTISEMENT

HC Ejection?

MooMoo. (Ok.)

eat-more-chicken-cow.jpg

Very strange call. No whistle, no beanbag indicating a fumble yet it looked as if Dover picked the ball up off the carpet. Looking even further at the play, even if it was a fumble, Peace's knee looked to be down when he picked up the ball. Having said all that, bad/missed calls happen all the time, welcome to Delaware football.

Bean baggies with salt nut butter were all licked clean so they ran out

And DIAA flexes their muscles to declare that they have referred Marks absurd comments to the sportsmanship committee, which meets December 4...three days after the state title game,

Wat to step up and stop ref abuse!

Reactions: FrankCrum
What the hell is ref abuse? It’s part of the job to deal with criticism. Refs deal with it once a week. Coaches get it 7 days a week. Refs need a little thicker backbone.

https://www.doe.k12.de.us/cms/lib/D...Sportsmanship Committee Charge 2017-09-14.pdf

Board of Directors of the Delaware Interscholastic Athletic Association’s Sportsmanship Committee

The Sportsmanship Committee (“Committee”) is a standing committee established by the Board of Directors (“Board”) of the Delaware Interscholastic Athletic Association (“DIAA”) pursuant to 14 Del. C. § 304(2). Created at 14 Del. C. ch. 3, DIAA preserves and promotes the educational significance of interscholastic athletics; ensures that interscholastic sports remains compatible with the educational mission of the member schools; provides for fair competition between member schools; promotes sportsmanship and ethical behavior; establishes and enforces standards of conduct for athletes, coaches, administrators, officials, and spectators; protects the physical well-being of athletes; and promotes healthy adolescent lifestyles.

The Committee is charged with:
 investigating and adjudicating reports of sportsmanship violations referred to the Committee by the Executive Director, including:

o requesting reports, o conducting interviews,

o reviewing such available evidence as the Committee deems necessary to reach a conclusion, and imposing penalties as deemed necessary based on the particular circumstances, including reprimand, conditional or restrictive probation, and suspension;

 reviewing incidents of sportsmanship violations referred to the Committee by the Executive Director that are reported each sports season;
 meeting with players or coaches who are ejected for a second time during the same season, the principal or principal’s designee, and the coach (in the case of a player);  deciding appeals of a contest suspension resulting from a game ejection referred to the Committee by the Executive Director;
 issuing written decisions on matters referred to the Committee by the Executive Director;
 annually determining the DIAA State Champions in Sportsmanship awards; and
 making recommendations to the Rules and Regulations Committee for developing and amending, as necessary, regulations on sportsmanship and ethical behavior. The Board’s Chairperson shall appoint an individual to serve as the Committee’s Chairperson who shall serve for an indefinite period of time. However, the Board’s Chairperson, with the advice and consent of DIAA’s Executive Director, may remove the Committee’s Chairperson.

What the hell is ref abuse? It’s part of the job to deal with criticism. Refs deal with it once a week. Coaches get it 7 days a week. Refs need a little thicker backbone.

I would suggest everyone read these articles. You says "Refs need a little thicker backbone" but then complain when you only see officials in their 60s.

https://www.delawareonline.com/stor...-officials-hurt-declining-numbers/1753309002/

https://www.delawareonline.com/stor...fficials-held-impossible-standard/1748311002/

As a football official I’d like to say yes, ref abuse is part of the job. Unfortunately So is being accused of cheating, having our lives and our families lives threatened and listening to criticism about how certain rules were applied that aren’t even high school football rules. Our backbones are very thick sir... or mam (in case you’re a woman I don’t want to offend) and we are there to give these young men and the coaches that put in their time everything we have. Ref and coach abuse do come with the hobby..,it isn’t our job.

Reactions: EJS313
As a football official I’d like to say yes, ref abuse is part of the job. Unfortunately So is being accused of cheating, having our lives and our families lives threatened and listening to criticism about how certain rules were applied that aren’t even high school football rules. Our backbones are very thick sir... or mam (in case you’re a woman I don’t want to offend) and we are there to give these young men and the coaches that put in their time everything we have. Ref and coach abuse do come with the hobby..,it isn’t our job.

Would you like butter of the nut sir

So then quit crying.

It comes with both jobs .

Unfortunate yes but it happens . As an ex coach I can say 100 percent that I put up with more shit than any ref ever . It’s why I left .

sounds like fanoffootball is a pig wuss. couldn't handle the heat and quit, which is probably good thing as this sport doesn't need quitters. only one crying I see is that Smyrna coach and you.

Reactions: Lazertron
So then quit crying.

It comes with both jobs .

Unfortunate yes but it happens . As an ex coach I can say 100 percent that I put up with more shit than any ref ever . It’s why I left .
If its why you quit then why do you think potential there is a problem with the numbers and quality of officiating? You just proved why numbers are dwindling and know the problem but will be the first to talk about poor officiating.

Having 27 years of coaching experience at the HS level (not in Delaware). I am surprised that DIAA even has to get involved in this. Where I came from our school board/board of education would have dealt with this within a day. No way would any coach be back on the field this season after behavior exhibited by either of the 2 coaches.

Reactions: soccer07
I coached for almost 30 years. Don’t miss it. While I was coaching I didn’t whine about the issues I stated. Being a coach or a referee is a tough job and not for everyone. You pretty much know that going in.

sounds like fanoffootball is a pig wuss. couldn't handle the heat and quit, which is probably good thing as this sport doesn't need quitters. only one crying I see is that Smyrna coach and you.

I left because of idiots like you and I’m glad I did. I think almost 30 years of dealing with morons like you classifies me as not a quitter. Wasted too much time raising other people s kids.

Reactions: spartakos
I left because of idiots like you and I’m glad I did. I think almost 30 years of dealing with morons like you classifies me as not a quitter. Wasted too much time raising other people s kids.
And how do you think officials feel when they deal with morons (coaches included) that don't know the rules. Sure some people can get over it and don't care about what people say but don't complain about officiating when you (not necesarrily you but fans in general) are negatively affecting instead of making it better.

Perfect ..always amazed that a district employee...coach...can act like a fool but state must reprimand...same district that would suspend or expel a student for same behavior...Smyrna should be ashamed and embarrassed....it is sad
Right you say these things but when the salt nut slips out your the first one to dive into the pant legs of others to taste it

What exactly happened that’s so bad? Head coach acted like a fool and got ejected (big deal) and assistant coach makes long rambling statement that really said nothing. Head coach suspended and I’m sure Marks got talked to and may face discipline.

But hey nobody says shit about the blown call.

Yeah I’d rather be a ref than a coach. You can’t lose.

Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
What in the Wide Wide Sports is going on here?
There was a missed call, shocking.
A head coach over reacted to a call, it happens. He was ejected and I assume he is suspended for the next game. Just like what would have happened to a player.
The assistant coach was a little emotional and made a mistake. There is a proper way to address mistakes by officials and he should have used the appropriate channels. However, he did not commit a crime against humanity, he made a mistake.
All of us (except bummy) have said or done things that we regret. The key is to learn and move on. Because contrary to what some people may think at the end of the day I believe high school sports are about education. You learn from your mistakes and move on. Let this go.

What in the Wide Wide Sports is going on here?
There was a missed call, shocking.
A head coach over reacted to a call, it happens. He was ejected and I assume he is suspended for the next game. Just like what would have happened to a player.
The assistant coach was a little emotional and made a mistake. There is a proper way to address mistakes by officials and he should have used the appropriate channels. However, he did not commit a crime against humanity, he made a mistake.
All of us (except bummy) have said or done things that we regret. The key is to learn and move on. Because contrary to what some people may think at the end of the day I believe high school sports are about education. You learn from your mistakes and move on. Let this go.
He needs a wood shop butter bowl class with 80 grit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT