ADVERTISEMENT

Henlopen Championship

BriggsBeall

moving up to Varsity
Dec 21, 2011
If the big man stays on the floor for Smyrna, stays out of foul trouble, I think Smyrna takes it.

If Woodbridge can put him on the bench for awhile, they can win. That should be their strategy.

What's everyone say?

Woodbridge will apply high pressure right from the start. The way they crash the boards is impressive and should be fun to watch. I suspect this will turn into a defensive game and WB will keep it within 10

Congrats To Coach Cannon and the Woodbridge Raiders for winning the Southern Division. I know that the Corbins want this one BAD! What a way to go out for Corey Corbin. He won his first Henlopen at Woodbridge in 2014 ( game was at Sussex Tech) and he has a chance to win another one for Woodbridge ( game is at Cape). Both schools were options for him. Great Choice! Big Time Players Step Up in Big Time Games.

Congrats To Coach Cannon and the Woodbridge Raiders for winning the Southern Division. I know that the Corbins want this one BAD! What a way to go out for Corey Corbin. He won his first Henlopen at Woodbridge in 2014 ( game was at Sussex Tech) and he has a chance to win another one for Woodbridge ( game is at Cape). Both schools were options for him. Great Choice! Big Time Players Step Up in Big Time Games.
Dont know about great choice.. But iam happy for him.. Watch him play at Mariner him and his brother.. Still til day .. I say if Tingle was still at Cape .. He would of never went WB.. Only bad thing about going WB.. You dont get noticed that much.. All that Said..No match for Smryna.... Lol

He is 1-0 in Henlopen Championship with a Chance to Win another one. During his four years Cape has not been there.

He is 1-0 in Henlopen Championship with a Chance to Win another one. During his four years Cape has not been there.

EXACTLY!!! He made the right choice. People on this forum and the football forum kills me always comparing the smaller schools to the bigger ones. He wouldn't be able to play his style of play at Cape. Kudos to parents like Corey Corbin who placed his son in the "right fit"...Fit means everything and sometimes it means more then coaching.

EXACTLY!!! He made the right choice. People on this forum and the football forum kills me always comparing the smaller schools to the bigger ones. He wouldn't be able to play his style of play at Cape. Kudos to parents like Corey Corbin who placed his son in the "right fit"...Fit means everything and sometimes it means more then coaching.
I agree good fit..

Right fit? Y'all must be joking lol. Had they been at Cape they cut the nets down.
They have just as good of a shot this year as anyone else.

No matter what I love them boys and respect their game. They are stand up kids and that's worth more than any chip. Keep pushing fellas.

Refs gives SMRYNA the game . Crazy!!!
Refs were inconsistent at best all night. They were a factor in the game, but not in a one-sided way. Smyrna wins with Caleb Matthews only getting one basket! He did, however, hit an incredible 18 for 18 at the foul line! WB without Palmer (grades) and the big guy ( broken wrist) will have a tough time winning a game in the tourney. I will give them credit for heart and effort though. Smyrna needs to get Matthews more open shots and the big guy more touches down low.

Reactions: life lessons
Officials are always bad in genlopen. You know that going in. WB was very physical with Matthews. Refs let them mug him and take his wallet a BUNCH. I thought the whistles were bad for both teams.

Refs were inconsistent at best all night. They were a factor in the game, but not in a one-sided way. Smyrna wins with Caleb Matthews only getting one basket! He did, however, hit an incredible 18 for 18 at the foul line! WB without Palmer (grades) and the big guy ( broken wrist) will have a tough time winning a game in the tourney. I will give them credit for heart and effort though. Smyrna needs to get Matthews more open shots and the big guy more touches down low.
BTW, Hassan Corbin threw down an absolutely monster dunk for WB! Should be on Sports Center!,

It went both wsys. They beat Matthews up all night long. Holding him, pushing him, grabbing him. It was a straight up mugging on my man lol.

You already know the refs will be horrible. They always are so just PLAY.

18 foul shots.. Smh and u say refs wasnt onesided... Please...thats why DE so far behind time.. Really hard to watch... Wonder why we have very few players D1 and 0 in NBA... Next level or even another state... Your not getting them touch fouls.. Seen it with my own 2 eyes tonight... Sad

Right fit? Y'all must be joking lol. Had they been at Cape they cut the nets down.
They have just as good of a shot this year as anyone else.

No matter what I love them boys and respect their game. They are stand up kids and that's worth more than any chip. Keep pushing fellas.
WB was right fit.. Because Cape coach would have no clue wat to do with the Corbins... Look at talented Cape team now.. Seeded 17... Book it.. They out first round to C.R.

Hoops your an idiot lol. We don't have NBA players bc our kids don't have NBA size. Same goes for NFL. Kids are just small in the SMALL WONDER. I wanted to see WB win and they played a great game but refs were BAD both ways. Matthews was getting mugged my man. I was impressed with how he took it and kept on playing. WB was physical from jump. Both Corbins were getting banged inside. They still played well. Size wore WB down and they couldn't hit shots in 2nd half.

Reactions: Lazertron
Same coach that has won a conference chip and a trip to the BOB (2 different sesdons) in 5 years. Now all of a sudden he cant coach lol you are hilarious. Team shoots 11-51 and it's the coaches fault.

Your the definition of an IDIOT

Reactions: urbaseballdaddy
It went both wsys. They beat Matthews up all night long. Holding him, pushing him, grabbing him. It was a straight up mugging on my man lol.

You already know the refs will be horrible. They always are so just PLAY.

Mattews only has a right hand what are you seeing

Reactions: debballguy
Cape does have a bunch of talent but they are SELFISH and won't play for each other. They get mad when they don't get the rock, they don't play D, they get out rebounded EVERY GAME and they CAN'T SHOOT. You want to best Cape? Play a zone bc they can't shoot a LICK.

At some point players play REGARDLESS of coach. Cream rises to the top. I still think Cape will be st the BOB too.

18 foul shots.. Smh and u say refs wasnt onesided... Please...thats why DE so far behind time.. Really hard to watch... Wonder why we have very few players D1 and 0 in NBA... Next level or even another state... Your not getting them touch fouls.. Seen it with my own 2 eyes tonight... Sad

I'm glad someone watching now. Matthew kids has no game off the left side nor control. He can shoot if he can get open. C. Corbin just needed to be more selfish and score. Refs should get checked everything one sided

No one said any different. For a man with only one hand he sure is KILLING the Henlopen. Easily 1st team all conference and arguably 1st or 2nd team all state. Thst right hand lead to WB executing a great strategy. They decided to be physical with him. Cape and WB have played Matthews the best this far. I like what both coaches decided to do. Garnett and the Smyrna size was the difference tonight. Along with WB inability to hit shots in 2nd half.

Give Matthews si.e credit fellas. He can play regardless and that 7ft makes it that much easier.

Same coach that has won a conference chip and a trip to the BOB (2 different sesdons) in 5 years. Now all of a sudden he cant coach lol you are hilarious. Team shoots 11-51 and it's the coaches fault.

Your the definition of an IDIOT
Idiot. Lol.. Make süre you there Wednesday night.. So you can hold Coach Re hand when walks out of C.R with a lost.. Şad 2 6feet 6 players and 6feet 3 players and you 14-6.. Smh.. We see who the idiot next week.. Soft coach makes your team soft.. Like Cape iş now..please

No one said any different. Fir a man with only kne hand he sure is KILLING the Henlopen. Easily 1st team all conference and arguably 1st or 2nd team all state. Thst right hand lead to WB executing a great strategy. They decided to be physical with him. Cape and WB have played Matthews the best this far. I like what both coaches decided to do. Garnett and the Smyrna size was the difference tonight. Along with WB inability to hit shots in 2nd half.

Give Matthews si.e credit fellas. He can play regardless and that 7ft makes it that much easier.

The whistle! Was the entire reason. Stop you see Why De down on really good players. Smh

So you want the refs to just allow WB to beat him up? Man your tripping. Everytime WB take a L its the refs fault. Those kids played hard and you want to take away fro. that by blaming refs? Take the L and move on. Refs baf in bith sides.

I could put you in gym all night and yiu won't go 18-18 from line. He EARNED that 20 son.

Reactions: streetpro0323
1st team all conference 2 years in a row. Team just win the conference and he scored 20 pts lol. He is doing something right.

Cape does have a bunch of talent but they are SELFISH and won't play for each other. They get mad when they don't get the rock, they don't play D, they get out rebounded EVERY GAME and they CAN'T SHOOT. You want to best Cape? Play a zone bc they can't shoot a LICK.

At some point players play REGARDLESS of coach. Cream rises to the top. I still think Cape will be st the BOB too.
The bob.. Lol.. Smh all wat you said about Cape... Stills come back to öne person.. The coach....he not a motivator.. Just got lucky öne year with Warren.. Floyd and Burton.... They won conference and made it to final 4.. Not because coaching.. He took no other team to the BoB.... They was 12-8 that year..

Reactions: onejeron
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT