ADVERTISEMENT

New Rankings

Sals I know I'm fully aware that these rankings mean nothing and I'm pretty sure leverage is aware the rankings mean nothing but not everyone else believes the same we do and I'm just having fun with them because their logic is way way off lol

Reactions: NJStrong
The kid went 0-2 at the Beast and never won a state title; he’s clearly one of the best kids to ever come out of Delaware wrestling. 302, you guys better fix these rankings ASAP. If not, I think we’re expecting to see some civil rights violation lawsuits happening. I mean think about it, how will the Bowne family define themselves as human beings without the #1 ranking? Actually, it’s probaly ok; I’m sure they “identify” as #1 ranked.

Reactions: youjustme
Ok, let’s tell it to the kids. You don’t get recognized unless you “earn” it; sorry kid, you haven’t earned it. As for Mom and dad, you can easily go buy him a trophy at a trophy shop so his feelings stay in tact.

I do love to mess with people on here. Though now that I realize who youjustme is in real life he's off limits as I like and respect him more than most people in my family. Anyway I truly believe rankings are important and every D1 team releases where they and their wrestlers are ranked every week. Its awesome for such a small state we have weekly rankings. Kids love it and i remember having to go to the library to get a copy of AWN to memorize the rankings. When i broke through a certain list it validated my training and progress. Though my mom always thought i was great, when a 3rd party confirmed my rankings it was legit. That being said 113 is spot on at this moment and will change or it won't as the season goes on. Merry Christmas

And to top it off- how the hell would leaving the DEFENDING STATE CHAMPION’S wrestling room be the best move for ANY kid?! The logic just isn’t there. That team is doing something right- despite how you feel about CR, we can’t deny that they have the right recipe. Not sure why anyone would leave that atmosphere for their senior year... but again, I’m not privy to the circumstances

And to top it off- how the hell would leaving the DEFENDING STATE CHAMPION’S wrestling room be the best move for ANY kid?! The logic just isn’t there. That team is doing something right- despite how you feel about CR, we can’t deny that they have the right recipe. Not sure why anyone would leave that atmosphere for their senior year... but again, I’m not privy to the circumstances
Transferring helped fleetwoods rankings

With me coaching at a smaller upstate school that is not known for wrestling I don't get a chance to see the kids from down south as much as some of you others. With that being said, I did get a chance to see Caravels 113 at the yellow jacket tournament. He wrestled my 113 in the finals and he looked very tough. I think he will do very good at the end of the year. With the coaching staff at caravel and the good workout partners he has I'm sure he will place very high at the end of the year. Let his wrestling speak for itself and all of it will work itself out in the end. No need to come here arguing about rankings that don't mean much at all. My dad used to tell me the best kid will win no matter what rank or seed he is.

Merry Christmas all, high school wrestling rankings should be the least of anyones worries today.

imho CR will be nothing in a year unless they recruit some kids into the school district, the young rider program is horrible and some of the coaches have too many favorites and overlook good potential for those favorites. look at the team now, no promising freshman and no stand outs on the JV squad to take over for the leaving seniors. you can't guarantee the kids will move up from fms or pms since there is polytech to consider. so where I agree with the comments about the boy from Caravel I can see his reasons for leaving a dying program.

With me coaching at a smaller upstate school that is not known for wrestling I don't get a chance to see the kids from down south as much as some of you others. With that being said, I did get a chance to see Caravels 113 at the yellow jacket tournament. He wrestled my 113 in the finals and he looked very tough. I think he will do very good at the end of the year. With the coaching staff at caravel and the good workout partners he has I'm sure he will place very high at the end of the year. Let his wrestling speak for itself and all of it will work itself out in the end. No need to come here arguing about rankings that don't mean much at all. My dad used to tell me the best kid will win no matter what rank or seed he is.

Merry Christmas all, high school wrestling rankings should be the least of anyones worries today.
Isn't it good for you to have the rankings since you don't see a lot of the kids? As a small upsate school not known for wrestling it must feel good to have a kid break into the rankings and is a sense of pride as we wait for conferences and states. Doesn't it help to see where your kids stand mid season for training purposes and who the established kids are they will need to beat to place or win states. I love rankings and like 8 different publications do rankings for HS college and international athletes.

Last edited:
imho CR will be nothing in a year unless they recruit some kids into the school district, the young rider program is horrible and some of the coaches have too many favorites and overlook good potential for those favorites. look at the team now, no promising freshman and no stand outs on the JV squad to take over for the leaving seniors. you can't guarantee the kids will move up from fms or pms since there is polytech to consider. so where I agree with the comments about the boy from Caravel I can see his reasons for leaving a dying program.
I'm no CR fan. But damm that's harsh. Every other program probably wishes they had CRs problems lol. Defending champs ranked 1 in D1 with an ivy league commit and a future hall of fame coach... jeez , polytech come on man ! Lol

Reactions: pinemagain
Isn't it good for you to have the rankings since you don't see a lot of the kids? As a small upsate school not known for wrestling it must feel good to have a kid break into the rankings and is a sense of pride as we wait for conferences and states. Doesn't it help to see where your kids stand mid season for training purposes and who the established kids are they will need to beat to place or win states. I love rankings and like 8 different publications do rankings for HS college and international athletes.

I enjoy the rankings and appreciate people taking time out of their own days to do them. I never said its not good to have them, just that they are only rankings and at the end of the year things could shake up different. I agree for some smaller schools when a kid breaks into them it could be good for their confidence, also some kids lose matches before they even wrestle them because they are wrestling "number 2 ranked guy". What I meant was no point for parents to get all bent up over rankings like I see some doing, even more so on Christmas. My 113 wrestled Pike for 3/4th at howdy Duncan and lost 1-0 and I'm sure he saw the rankings and knows now he can roll with some of the better guys in the state. Not against rankings, I'm against parents arguing about what rank their kid should be and bashing other high school athletes in the process. Hope that clarifies some things.

I enjoy the rankings and appreciate people taking time out of their own days to do them. I never said its not good to have them, just that they are only rankings and at the end of the year things could shake up different. I agree for some smaller schools when a kid breaks into them it could be good for their confidence, also some kids lose matches before they even wrestle them because they are wrestling "number 2 ranked guy". What I meant was no point for parents to get all bent up over rankings like I see some doing, even more so on Christmas. My 113 wrestled Pike for 3/4th at howdy Duncan and lost 1-0 and I'm sure he saw the rankings and knows now he can roll with some of the better guys in the state. Not against rankings, I'm against parents arguing about what rank their kid should be and bashing other high school athletes in the process. Hope that clarifies some things.
Right on brother. Keep up the good fight. Wrestling coaches change lives !

Reactions: Jspence135
Right on brother. Keep up the good fight. Wrestling coaches change lives !

back in 04-08 I wrestled for Hodgson and it was fun. Nowadays I really enjoy coaching at the smaller school with little to no experience coming in wrestling wise. It keeps me on my toes and it feels really well when I see some of my kids progress from not so well, into actual wrestlers hanging with some of the best in our state. Not only do I get to see them grow as wrestlers but also as young men.

Reactions: Leverage1991
back in 04-08 I wrestled for Hodgson and it was fun. Nowadays I really enjoy coaching at the smaller school with little to no experience coming in wrestling wise. It keeps me on my toes and it feels really well when I see some of my kids progress from not so well, into actual wrestlers hanging with some of the best in our state. Not only do I get to see them grow as wrestlers but also as young men.
Totally agree. For some kids a state title is what they are after. For others the disciple and comradeship of being part of a team. For a lot of kids wrestling teaches them how to live and for some it keeps them out of jail and others it saves their lives in ways we may never know. Good stuff

To set the record straight there are individuals on this post that are insinuating that the Bownes are making public remarks on this forum regading other wrestlers and there accomplishments. To clear the air, the Bowne’s moved due to the fact that Kevin’s grandfather is very ill with cancer, and Sheila his mother has to be in NY almost ever week to support her mother and father. As far as Dan Rigby and the CR program is concerned, we hold him in high regard. We are also very happy with our new home at Caravel. Like CR the program is excellent. Kevin and our family have been very happy making friends with our competitors and their families while competing in DE. We look forward to continued great competition as the season progresses. Kevin is working very hard like the other 113lb wrestlers in DE in pursuit of state titles. The simple fact is our family had to reduce our distance between DE and NY, and miss our friends in the CR community. If you would like to discuss other topics with me, almost everyone in the DE wrestling community knows how to find me. Merry Christmas!

Reactions: BackinBlack86
I appreciate Chris ccbowne coming forward. Kevin Bowne does not have an account and this is my account. DEWrestlingFan1129 is an imposter and no relation to the Bowne Family. Thank you for all the nice comments regarding Kevin. Have a very Merry christmas

People are very immature. Good luck to your son going forward and will be cheering him on come February.

Hmm seems like another 113 pounder trying to mix things up and have his name tossed in the ring maybe? Who the hell knows because at the end of the day we are talking about kids and they are probably better at disguising themselves on these forums than we are. The great thing is we have this thing called the state tournament and everything irons itself out there!

You don’t owe anyone an apology. Good luck, awesome of your family helping your parents. Have a Merry and safe Christmas.

I appreciate Chris ccbowne coming forward. Kevin Bowne does not have an account and this is my account. DEWrestlingFan1129 is an imposter and no relation to the Bowne Family. Thank you for all the nice comments regarding Kevin. Have a very Merry christmas

You’re welcome for the nice comments. I just think the kid deserves to be ranked #1.

Got it, thanks for clarifying. So the only hanging thread for me that is not cleared up; is NJstrong still serious about polytech being a threat to the future of the CR program?

Reactions: Fightingbluehen
Kevin will do great at states hes one of the hardest working kids I know. Take care of family first dont worry about the smack talk it means nothing.

That's funny. Milford is the only school that lose kids from both tech schools & no problem there

That's funny. Milford is the only school that lose kids from both tech schools & no problem there

Except they have 4 kids in their lineup from other school districts. Take those 4 kids out (maybe more) and you have a whole different team. It’s almost like Milford is a tech school.

Haha yea I don’t think those guys at CR are too concerned with Poly stealing their wrestlers. And I’m not sure how any little wrestlers program can stink- if they are pulling 50-100 kids toward the sport then that’s good for everybody. In a sport where we lose 40% of our athletes yearly.. we need those feeder programs to draw big numbers.

Except they have 4 kids in their lineup from other school districts. Take those 4 kids out (maybe more) and you have a whole different team. It’s almost like Milford is a tech school.
School choice is a huge help for sure. They help themselves by having a good program, coaching and facilities though

They said exact same thing about Smyrna a few years back. Smyrna Prep

Got it, thanks for clarifying. So the only hanging thread for me that is not cleared up; is NJstrong still serious about polytech being a threat to the future of the CR program?

never said they were a threat to the cr program, I said the school kids overall tend to split when it comes to moving up to 9th grade. having a sister that had a child go thru pms and a cousin who had a child go thru fms, I noticed kids missing when they moved from 8th to 9th. within 2 years I saw 10 stand out wrestlers go over to poly from winning teams on pms and fms. maybe it was a preference of coach but more so I think it was a preference of school, plain and simple (especially since 3-4 of them are no longer wrestling).

Reactions: TrueBlue16
never said they were a threat to the cr program, I said the school kids overall tend to split when it comes to moving up to 9th grade. having a sister that had a child go thru pms and a cousin who had a child go thru fms, I noticed kids missing when they moved from 8th to 9th. within 2 years I saw 10 stand out wrestlers go over to poly from winning teams on pms and fms. maybe it was a preference of coach but more so I think it was a preference of school, plain and simple (especially since 3-4 of them are no longer wrestling).
Gotcha. So do you think cr will not be good next few years ?

I always thought so too but I saw several people early claim they didn’t have transfers or only 1 or 2?
The Bucs on board freely admit to 2. They silently agree to 2 more as a don't ask don't tell and are protesting my proffer of the last 2. Claiming pre high school choice as a defense . The official number is between 2 and 6 which is equivalent to the number of people who actually care lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT