ADVERTISEMENT

New Smyrna Coach

Feb 8, 2018
I heard that Kurt has retired. Lets get everyones picks as to who they think will be his replacement. I had heard a rumor last year about Archangelo being interested in that position. Just a rumor though no facts behind it. What do you all think?

I talked to a cr parent at Milford during conferences who said this was happening. She said there was a very good coach interested but he said he wasn't applying because he has seen those parents in action and would never tolerate it and the school does nothing to stop it. Any of their assistant coaches prepared to take over?

Seriously Kurt Howell did a great job for Smyrna. I give the guy credit for staying focused and continuing a great wrestling tradition up north. I'm sure the stuff that went on with his older brother took its toll on him as it would anyone. Enjoy retirement coach.

Wow another high profile coaching position is open.

InterMat Job Board
English or history teacher & wrestling coach
Posted about 3 weeks ago by bowdim
Wrestling Coach & English or History Teacher
Blair Academy
Fall of 2018

Position Available: Blair Academy seeks a wrestling coach and English or history teacher for employment beginning in the 2018-2019 school year. Candidates must enjoy working with adolescents and possess an exceptional work ethic, strong communication skills, a commitment to collegiality and a sense of humor. Strong preference will be given to candidates with a successful coaching background, experience as a secondary school teacher and a subject area degree in English or history. The ideal candidate will have competed as a Division I wrestler, will be knowledgeable in FS and Greco, will have the ability to wrestle with the team and will train with the team until Fargo in late July. The position includes dormitory duty and extra-curricular activities, as well as three seasons of coaching. A passion for project/problem based learning and interdisciplinary approaches are two further qualifications for ideal candidates.

School Setting: Blair Academy is a co-educational, grade 9-postgraduate boarding school situated on 460 hilltop acres just minutes from the Delaware Water Gap and approximately one hour west of New York City. The school is 80 percent boarding, possesses exceptional facilities and faculty housing, and is committed to the continuing education of the faculty. Learn more about our campus and programs at the School’s website at www.blair.edu.

How to Apply: Résumé, letter of interest, current transcript (which may be unofficial) and 2-3 letters of recommendation should be forwarded to Maria Bowditch, Director of Faculty Hiring, P. O. Box 600, Blair Academy, Blairstown, N.J. 07825-0600 or, by email, to bowdim@blair.edu.

Please contact Ms. Bowditch with questions or for further information regarding the school.

Blair Academy, in the treatment of employees and applicants for employment,
is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and
non-discrimination.

© 2018 Rev Wrestling

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT