ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year's Schedules

Last edited:
HVT must finally be getting new field turf. Glad to see the HVT v CA back yard brawl trophy will be back up for grabs too.
Howard will not have a home field for at least 2 years. The new school will go where the stadium is/was, and that will be completed first since, you know, it's a school. Then they will work on athletic facilities.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Odessa playing MT and Appo. Setting up that future Appo district trivalry. Honestly they need to play those games if they want to compete for those MOT players.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Really liking Caravels schedule. Besides the district 1 foes HVT, Howard and Archmere back on the schedule also Laurel. Ending the reg season with back to back home games vs DMA then Red Lion. Week 5 is open it will be interesting to see who they schedule there whether they stay instate or maybe look for an OOS game

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Based on the highest of likelihoods that Cape and CR won't be scheduling Sallies next year, maybe we could get a Sals - Caravel game. The regular season often times has more compelling match ups than the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: BackinBlack86
Middletown's crossover games are Smyrna and Central. They have two open games to schedule.. Wonder if they will schedule more local or maybe Sleazy Joe from PGL will sell Blum on St Frances or another one of his other traveling circus teams he reps.. #ironsharpensiron.. 😆 not!

Last edited:
Sals '23 thus far

No Cape, No CR, No Sussex Central. It looks like the Sals will be looking for opponents for the first 2 weeks (1 home, 1 away...)

Traditional reach outs to Father Judge, an Interac team?, Stay tuned.
Bummy puts in his annual requests for Calvert Hall & Howard.

Any MIAA A team would be a good competetive game for them well except Spalding. Loyola is a pretty cool old place to play. Calvert Hall stadium is nice too but stands only on one side. Makes for a cozy FNL situation lol

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Friends is playing Dickinson.

Come on man.
With their 3 free games to schedule they scheduled 3 1A teams,, Dickinson, Brandywine, Tatnall and they got their two 2A south teams at home vs Delmar and Woodbridge.. The furthest they will travel is Odessa. Might be the easiest schedule for a reining state champ ever.. just saying of course''

#​
Date​
Day​
Time​
Opponent
H/A​
LocationCommentsW/LScore
1​
12/11/22 2:53 PM

9/9/23​
Sat​
2:00pm​
Tatnall School
A​
Tatnall School
2​
12/10/22 10:18 AM

9/16/23​
Sat​
11:00am​
John Dickinson School
A​
John Dickinson School
3​
9/23/23​
Sat​
Delmar HS/MS
H​
Wilm Friends School
4​
12/11/22 2:53 PM

9/30/23​
Sat​
Brandywine HS
H​
Wilm Friends School
5​
10/7/23​
Sat​
Howard HS of Tech
H​
Wilm Friends School - Tattersall Field
6​
10/13/23​
Fri​
7:30pm​
Odessa High School
A​
Odessa High School
7​
10/21/23​
Sat​
2:30pm​
Woodbridge HS
H​
Wilm Friends School275th Anniversary HOMECOMING
8​
10/28/23​
Sat​
12:00pm​
Mt. Pleasant HS
A​
Mt. Pleasant HS
9​
11/4/23​
Sat​
Tower Hill School
H​
Wilm Friends School - Tattersall Field
10​
11/11/23​
Sat​
Archmere Academy
A​
Archmere Academy

Reactions: trapblock22
Sals '23 thus far

No Cape, No CR, No Sussex Central. It looks like the Sals will be looking for opponents for the first 2 weeks (1 home, 1 away...)

Traditional reach outs to Father Judge, an Interac team?, Stay tuned.
Bummy puts in his annual requests for Calvert Hall & Howard.

Howard is set (solid schedule by the way for Howard) and CA only has week 5 open. Sallies has St Georges that week now. Sallies needs to find 2 games for weeks 0, 1, or 2

DMA has week 0 and 4 open

Central needs 2 and has those same 3 dates open as well. I assume that might get done. Should be a home game for the Sals

@DMA week 0
Central at home week 1 or 2..

Last edited:
Smyrna's committee scheduled 7 is set. They need to find 3 games. Weeks 0, 1, 2 and 4 open

So DMA has a choice week 0.. Smyrna or Sallies.. you know "start the season with a bang", Linc lol

Appo (needs 2) is open week 0, 2, 4 and 6

St Marks is open week 0 and 6

OK scratch St Marks they still have to schedule Appo that will be week 6 and they will be full

Smyrna def gonna have to schedule a OOS game or 2. Maybe 3 if they don't get Appo or DMA

Last edited:
Wow going to full snark on Friends already. If they signed a contract to play BHS before they moved down, well then they are stuck with them. Tatnall is a Disc thing and that will not be dropped and have no clue as to why Dickinson is on the schedule. Quakers were playing Woodbridge for ten years before the realignment when no one else would play them so good to see it's on again. By the way Caravel wasn't trying to schedule friends either the past decade or so. From 14-22, most teams dropped them when they could.

• Haha
Wow going to full snark on Friends already. If they signed a contract to play BHS before they moved down, well then they are stuck with them. Tatnall is a Disc thing and that will not be dropped and have no clue as to why Dickinson is on the schedule. Quakers were playing Woodbridge for ten years before the realignment when no one else would play them so good to see it's on again. By the way Caravel wasn't trying to schedule friends either the past decade or so. From 14-22, most teams dropped them when they could.

I think they should have scheduled Malvern Prep. I mean if they really cared about their kids and getting them looks..

I've got no real issue with Friends playing Tatnall (silk Panty league game) or Brandywine (they are good once every 10 years). But Dickinson? Struggling 1A program (that's being nice).

Only in district games count towards district winners ???

Yes only district games count for district placement, With 2A going to 8 teams in playoffs will probably go 1st and 2nd place in each district gets in and 2 at large based on point index. The seeding is by point index,

Smyrna picks up 6A Perkioman Valley, PA week 1. Perk Valley was 11-2 and lost 13-14 in 3rd round (16) of playoffs, Game is away, Pretty good OOS match up and should be a competitive game. 👍

Sallies vs DMA kickoff classic Thursday night 8/31 at Abessinio 👍

Sals still needs a week 1 or week 2 game

Central is open both those weeks. You have to think that will be Sals 10th game. Central needs two games so maybe they are waiting to see what Central comes up with before picking which week

Last edited:
DMA with a strong schedule.. Playing @Sallies, @Archbishop Curley (MD), @Central and cross district @Delmar and Archmere at home

DMA gonna put in some miles first four games away. Only 4 home games

1​
12/15/22 10:30 AM

8/31/23​
Thu​
7:30pm​
Salesianum School
A​
Abessinio Stadium
2​
9/8/23​
Fri​
7:00pm​
Delmar HS/MS
A​
Delmar HS/MS
3​
9/15/23​
Fri​
Archbishop Curley HS (MD)
A​
Abington Friends
4​
9/22/23​
Fri​
Sussex Central HS
A​
Sussex Central HS
5​
10/6/23​
Fri​
Archmere Academy
H​
DE Military Academy
6​
10/13/23​
Fri​
Red Lion CA
H​
DE Military Academy
7​
10/20/23​
Fri​
Concord HS
H​
DE Military Academy
8​
10/27/23​
Fri​
Newark HS
H​
DE Military Academy
9​
11/3/23​
Fri​
Caravel Academy
A​
Caravel Academy
10​
11/11/23​
Sat​
Delcastle HS
A​
Delcastle HS

** The Curley game is at Archbishop Curley not Abington Friends middle school.. Someone screwed up when they put AC in the websiteforsports system years ago. Was like that when Caravel played them a while back also, Would be nice if someone could make the correction.. sheesh

Last edited:
There are longstanding leadership and Board of Trustee relationships between the 2 institutions, and they have played before. I am not surprised by the scheduling.

Don’t know much about Pottsgrove. But I do know they are trying to go back to Massillon either Week 1 or Week 3 I think. For their 10th and final scheduled game

Don’t know much about Pottsgrove. But I do know they are trying to go back to Massillon either Week 1 or Week 3 I think. For their 10th and final scheduled game

Massillon is hosting a kick off classic on the weekend of Aug 18 (rumored they will play Valdosta ,GA)

Here is their schedule so far..

Massillon Washington
08/18 N Classic @ PBTS (Valdosta?)
08/25 H Canton GlenOak
09/01 H Mansfield Senior
09/08 H Elkhart (IN)
09/15 H Lakewood St. Edward
09/22 N Unknown Opponent ()
09/29 N Unknown Opponent ()
10/06 A Austintown Fitch
10/13 H Warren Warren G. Harding
10/21 A Canton McKinley

MT has 9/22 open so maybe that gets done(or is done). Massillon will already have their 3 BIG OOC games with the classic and playing St Edward and Elkhart, IN. I can see them bringing MT up again.

Last edited:
Interesting thing about Valdosta. I read a while back that they are one of the winningest programs in scholastic football.

Massillon is hosting a kick off classic on the weekend of Aug 18 (rumored they will play Valdosta ,GA)

Massillon
H-8/18 NE Ohio Classic Opponents
H- 8/25 Glen Oak
H-9/1 Mansfield
H/A-9/8 Out of State Opponent
H- 9/15 St Edward
H/A-9/22-
H/A- 9/29
A-10/6 @Austintown Fitch
H-10/13 Warren Harding
A-10/21 @Canton McKinley

MT has 9/8 open so maybe that gets done(or is done). Massillon will already have their 2 BIG OOC games with the classic and playing St Edward. I cans see them bringing MT up again.

Being told the 9/8 out of state opponent signed is not Middletown

Interesting thing about Valdosta. I read a while back that they are one of the winningest programs in scholastic football.

They definitely have some history but they recently got hammered by the GHSAA for the whole Rush Propst scandal and the "funny money" paid to get certain players to move and come play there and then the whole blow up from ESPN about California QB that went there (covid year) and his parents basically said on ESPN they faked their divorce so he could go there and be eligible.

Netflicks also did a series following that season at Valdosta.. Titletown High.. It was pretty good. Coach Propst is a real ahole... He was a Ahole at Hoover, AL and a Ahole at Colquitt. Valdosta hired him anyway and got what they deserved lol

dude is a real life Bud Kilmer

He literally head butted a player, a kicker no less, when he missed a kick on national television.

CVbZdd1XIAAF685

52ddd10f0e8d40a48ca7d0dfd17e4330.jpg

Last edited:

Massillon
H-8/18 NE Ohio Classic Opponents
H- 8/25 Glen Oak
H-9/1 Mansfield
H/A-9/8 Out of State Opponent
H- 9/15 St Edward
H/A-9/22-
H/A- 9/29
A-10/6 @Austintown Fitch
H-10/13 Warren Harding
A-10/21 @Canton McKinley

MT has 9/8 open so maybe that gets done(or is done). Massillon will already have their 2 BIG OOC games with the classic and playing St Edward. I cans see them bringing MT up again.
I’m being told Massillon is open to playing again however they looking more towards a 9/22 or 9/29 week. Middletown has 9/22 open. If they were to do the 9/29 central would have to be okay playing Week 1 at Middletown instead. However given how that week is before the Smyrna game I doubt they will try and go to Ohio then

I’m being told Massillon is open to playing again however they looking more towards a 9/22 or 9/29 week. Middletown has 9/22 open. If they were to do the 9/29 central would have to be okay playing Week 1 at Middletown instead. However given how that week is before the Smyrna game I doubt they will try and go to Ohio then

corrected

Massillon Washington
08/25 H Canton GlenOak
09/01 H Mansfield Senior
09/08 H Elkhart (IN)
10/06 A Austintown Fitch
10/21 A Canton McKinley

MT has 9/22 open so maybe that gets done(or is done). Massillon will already have their 3 BIG OOC games with the classic and playing St Edward and Elkhart, IN. I can see them bringing MT up again.

corrected

Massillon Washington
08/25 H Canton GlenOak
09/01 H Mansfield Senior
09/08 H Elkhart (IN)
10/06 A Austintown Fitch
10/21 A Canton McKinley

Massillon only has 2 away games scheduled so far. Wonder if they would be willing to travel to Middletown Delaware and experience Middletown FNL cowbell hell?

more-cowbell-cowbell.gif

probably not, they would rather pay you to come there,lol

Massillon only has 2 away games scheduled so far. Wonder if they would be willing to travel to Middletown Delaware and experience Middletown FNL cowbell hell?

more-cowbell-cowbell.gif

probably not, they would rather pay you to come there,lol
Talking to a lot of the fans when I visited, they were interested in coming to Middletown after they were told of the experience. They had a couple podcasts and local news stations talking about Middletown leading up the game (a lot of it was stats and previous seasons and talking the team up) so the fans were open to it but with the prestige of the stadium they have, and the town practically shutting down, and the school forking the bill to have the opponents team visit the hall of fame that a lot of teams can’t/won’t say no to going to Massillon.

Last years schedule I believe they only had 2-3 away games too.

It would be interesting if they did come here, I believe they would bring more fans than any school here, but if it happens I believe Middletown goes to Ohio instead

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT