ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year's Schedules

Has anyone taken a look at Odessa's schedule next year.... Playing some heavy hitters like Appo and Middletown back to back weeks. Laurel also has a tough schedule with a first game against with Central and Caravel with in the first four weeks. It will be interesting to see how these two teams fair after stepping up to 2A.

They didnt step up for the challenge, the district forced hands is what i've been told.
Can’t speak for Laurel, but Appo School District forced Middletown and Appo to schedule Odessa hoping they generate an atmosphere much like the one Appo/Mtown share now. I think they are looking more long term than immediate success with this. Me personally I would have waited another 2/3 years before forcing that schedule.

Reactions: 84rider
Cape Henlopen Added Red Lion.

As of right now, Teams still looking for a 10th game.

Dickinson - Week 0/Week 1
Middletown - Week 0/Week 1
Dover - Week 0/Week 1
Smyrna - Week 0/Week 2
Sussex Central - Week 1/Week 2
Delmar - Week 0/Week 5
Early College - Week 0/Week 1

Dover - Week 0/Week 1
Smyrna - Week 0/Week 2
Delmar - Week 0/Week 5

To add to this

Dover needs 2 games open week 0,1 and 3

Caravel needs 1 open weeks 0 and 5

Could fill two of them with CA and Delmar week 5 and Dover and Middletown week 1 (or week 0 for either of them)

To add to this

Dover needs 2 games open week 0,1 and 3

Caravel needs 1 open weeks 0 and 5

Could fill two of them with CA and Delmar week 5 and Dover and Middletown week 1 (or week 0 for either of them)
Idk how I missed that looking at the schedules. Completely over looked Caravel.

Idk what the issue is with a Middletown/Dover matchup. Or a Possible Dover/Caravel or Caravel/Middletown matchup. Either way all 3 possible scenarios would be very intriguing. Not gonna assumed for Dover but it could be Middletown looking to go out of state again. But don’t quote me on that.

Dover - Week 0/Week 1
Smyrna - Week 0/Week 2
Delmar - Week 0/Week 5
Dickinson @ Delmar week 0

Still needing games

Dover(2) - Week 0/Week 1/Week 3
Smyrna - Week 0/Week 2
Caravel- Week 0/Week 5

Would anyone wanna see Caravel vs MT, Dover or Smyrna week 0?

Last edited:
DMA backs out of the Sallies game I’m hearing. So looking like both schools need a 10th game now

Now we got some hot stove action. He already used his free transfer going to DMA so it would be an interesting waiver hearing . What possible hardship could be claimed to go from a free school to a private? If true of course

Last edited:
Now we got some hot stove action. He already used his free transfer going to DMA so it would be an interesting waiver hearing . What possible hardship could be claimed to go from a free school to a private? If true of course
I seen a DMA coach recently and they did confirm the transfer is legit and that DMA willing to sign off on it for the kid on their end. Like you said bib, still need the hardship from Diaa.

There is truth to it. However the reason for it I’m not sure it’s my place to say. But I don’t think he was happy at DMA for reasons him and his family would have to put out in public. I’m sure that’s why DMA is giving their side of approval.

I’m curious to see what happens from here on out. since the season has ended I’ve heard rumblings of a mass exodus at DMA with kids leaving and exploring other educational opportunities. Maybe some of the DMA faithful could shed some light on that? Or nip it in the butt here and now?

Word on the street is that Sals 3rd string Qb transferred to Smryna. Smryna Qb comp is heating up!!!!

Word on the street is that Sals 3rd string Qb transferred to Smryna. Smryna Qb comp is heating up!!!!
I wouldn’t say heating up. The kid you’re referring to is Tiberi. Played at William Penn. then went to Sallies annd got beat out by a freshman. and then now at Smyrna, but has to compete with Marks and Dixon now. Me personally, unless he switches positions he’s gonna do the same that he did last year because Dixon or Marks is gonna start.I wish the boy luck, but he’s getting some bad intel from someone if his goal is to start at QB. Probably try WR, cause he has the measurables.

Still needing 10th game

Smyrna - Week 0/Week 2
Caravel- Week 0/Week 5
Sallies- Week 0/Week 2
DMA- Week 0/Week 2

Reactions: MTownCavs09
It’s crazy that DIAA went to this format to even the playing field, but schools still duck competition in their respective classes and drop down classes for games.

Isn't that 3 transfers for Tiberi?

His hudl is a mess and things don't add up but anyway

he was on roster as an 8th grader at Conrad (per hudl) so that xfer doesn't count.

at WP 2020 9th and 2021 10th
xfer to Sallies 2022 11th

so only 1 xfer in HS and if he goes elsewhere it would be his 2nd and would require waiver. Which he will get if he is xfering to a public especially if it's his home public. Probably do the same like Holman

https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/35550

Last edited:
Still needing 10th game

Smyrna - Week 0/Week 2
Caravel- Week 0/Week 5
Sallies- Week 0/Week 2
DMA- Week 0/Week 2

That would of been perfect for both , Dover must have something in the works.getting late to turn down games.

That would of been perfect for both , Dover must have something in the works.getting late to turn down games.

Maryland teams are starting to fill games now so I assume they (Dover) will play Arundel again.

Last two years Dover lost to Arundel 27-28 and 19-21.. I am sure they would like another shot at them.. I would 🤠

Last edited:
Still needing 10th game

Smyrna - Week 0/Week 2
Caravel- Week 0/Week 5
Sallies- Week 0/Week 2
DMA- Week 0/Week 2
We are open and would love to play Early College,

ADVERTISEMENT