ADVERTISEMENT

Playoffs

Woodenstick,

I was able to check Sallies games back through 2000 and I found a loss to Saint Marks 14-4 in 2003. Nothing close to the 17 they gave up to Henderson in 2005. I would not be surprised if the 19 they gave up on Saturday turns out to be the team record. I hope 29 from Malvern is a senior or next year the Sals will experience more of the same.

No offense to anyone, not claiming to be an expert, just having fun with some predictions.

1st
Sallies 18 Dover 0
ST 17 Lake 13
DMA 13 Delmar 5
Archmere 15 IR 5
TH 10 StA 2
CR 11 Cape 10
Friends 15 Charter 1
Appo 23 RLCA 2

2nd
Sallies 15 ST 0
Archmere 13 DMA 12
TH 10 CR 9
Friends 15 Appo 12

Semis
Sallies 14 Archmere 6
Friends 8 TH 7

Finals
Sallies 16 Friends 4

Sals are clearly the best team in the state. That said who is capable of pulling the upset?

Friends is probably the most consistent team amongst the elite.

DMA is a really well run group and has a few that can take over a game.

Appo has all the talent in the world and 85 coaches, but those kids take bad penalties. Can't do that against Sallies.

Probably Tower Hill's last real run for a while and they're running out of gas.

I think Archmere is great but on the wrong side of the bracket. Revak is just the cherry on top, those 2 freshman on O are nasty. Plus the poles, goalie and of course the LSM. Their LSM depth chart is ridiculous.

This is the last year of the "regulars," exciting time in DE HS Lax. Some new teams on the rise and the talent across the state is growing.

It will take a giant public school with a monster MS program to compete with Sallies consistently. Delmar potentially, Cape/CR will remain amongst elite with their feeders. Smyrna with their growing feeder as well. Northern teams are all fighting over the same group of kids from MS and youth feeders.

Sals are clearly the best team in the state. That said who is capable of pulling the upset?

Honestly only one team in the state can be Sallies this year and that is Sallies. If they play well they win the state.

If they play crappy and open the door for an upset - Friends, Archmere, Appo, etc have the talent to step through that door.

Any other results to report? Besides reporting on the Tech win over Lake, WNJ had the Sals score wrong and they had Cape playing Hill which obviously didn't happen. Not a great effort on the part of the WNJ.

HUGE win for Delmar. DMA did not look like they belonged there at all. Suprised they won as many games as they did after seeing them play last night. St. Andrews also looked like they would get the upset...just didnt have enough gas. Good for Tower Hill regrouping after a poor start

Delmar had 4 guys on the sideline dressed and one was the backup goalie. They played well, and their goalie is a beast. As good as DMA's offense is their D/G let them down.

I think DMA crumbled after Howell got a stick penalty. Their assistant coaches were panicking and screaming, created a weird mood on their sideline.

If he's a good faceoff guy just hand him another stick and serve the penalty.

They were deflated and sloppy after that.

DMA's offense did not play well enough to hang that game on the goalie and D. Their goalie isn't the best but he's the same guy they had all year, while earning that seed.

Delmar's got a lot of skill on O, they can score a goal without the "defense sucking" and letting their team down.

Carrol played selfish and tried to be a hero. Wolfe looked like he didn't want to be there. They aren't elite offensively beyond those 2 and Delmar is a good team.

That was a team loss, coaching and all players had a hand in it.

Delmar deserves some respect. 4 poles, 8 shorties and their goalie was the best player on the field.

DMA threw the ball away on offense way too much and dodged too often when it wasn't there. Frustrated by Delmar's scheme.

Appo (11) vs Friends (10) was a great game to watch. #34 & #37 from Appo took over in the 4th quarter. #8 the FO kid dominated the X in the 4th to give Appo the chance to come back. Entering the 4th quarter I think it was 8-5 Friends. Impressed by Appo in their ability to play fast or slow paced. Looking forward towards their semifinal game.

Sallies beat Sussex Tech 17 - 1. The Sals led 11-1 after the first period and pulled all the starters except goalie. With one exception, mid way through the second the Sals were down two men so the starting long polls went back in to kill off the penalty. Then they cam back out. The startring goalie left after the half. A few minutes into the third the Sals made their 17th goal and never took another shot. I had heard good things about Tech but this game was hard to judge because unfortunately Tech had so few possessions today.

Details on the Hill/CR game?
Very low scoring game. Neither team could do anything. CR took a lot of poor shots. 18 on Tower Hill got ejected for talking back to the refs...believe he is out for the semi game. If he is huge loss for them.

Ejection only equals missing the next game when it was due to a fight.

He was ejected for registering 2 unsportsmanlike fouls, which does not carry over to their next contest.

The TH goalie played very well, CR's did as well. Most dominant player on the field was probably the CR faceoff guy, Lefevre. But #16 on CR, Stevenson kills their flow by holding too long. CR is too predictable is trying to get everything to/through #16. Manup was horrible and cost them the game. Probably manup for close to 10 mins in the 1st half.

#11 on TH is a beast, plays close with a short stick and smothers. Was matched up with #16 most the time. They used him to run the clock out too, just didn't like seeing him taunt CR players at the end.

#46 McCoy is hard to guard on every dodge, quick, strong and gets his hands free. #10 Spruance is a nice player too.

TH is very deceptive and for the most part poised. They are hard to get a read on and always look outmatched. They are not a deep team.

Cr should have won the game had they scored one a few of their many man ups. Didn't look like they even ran a play

TH is not the team they used to be. Very predictable. Most players only have one hand. 46 and 18 just go right and shoot but can't do much more than that. 10 had a better season last year. 11 is a monster and their best defenseman while playing shortie. Semi finals if top 4 teams should have been Sals vs Friends and Appo vs Archmere in my opinion...

Cr should have won the game had they scored one a few of their many man ups. Didn't look like they even ran a play

TH is not the team they used to be. Very predictable. Most players only have one hand. 46 and 18 just go right and shoot but can't do much more than that. 10 had a better season last year. 11 is a monster and their best defenseman while playing shortie. Semi finals if top 4 teams should have been Sals vs Friends and Appo vs Archmere in my opinion...
True, not the team they once were, but still playing in the semi's for the second year in a row. That's the beauty of Delaware High School lacrosse, you can still have all of these short comings and still play for 2nd, 3rd and 4th place in the state.

Ejection only equals missing the next game when it was due to a fight.

He was ejected for registering 2 unsportsmanlike fouls, which does not carry over to their next contest.

The TH goalie played very well, CR's did as well. Most dominant player on the field was probably the CR faceoff guy, Lefevre. But #16 on CR, Stevenson kills their flow by holding too long. CR is too predictable is trying to get everything to/through #16. Manup was horrible and cost them the game. Probably manup for close to 10 mins in the 1st half.

#11 on TH is a beast, plays close with a short stick and smothers. Was matched up with #16 most the time. They used him to run the clock out too, just didn't like seeing him taunt CR players at the end.

#46 McCoy is hard to guard on every dodge, quick, strong and gets his hands free. #10 Spruance is a nice player too.

TH is very deceptive and for the most part poised. They are hard to get a read on and always look outmatched. They are not a deep team.
Unfortunately, that is not the case for 18. two unsportsmanlike fouls in the same game = ejection from current contest and suspension from the following contest.

That sucks, I was told by an old ref that he will be able to play. Is that a new rule change?

Tower Hill is an interesting team for people to talk about. Always hear they are headed "down," but they always hang around.

They are well coached, good goalie, good D with a solid shut down defensive weapon in Thomas.

Wonder who they match Thomas against vs Appo. He could probably get in Ferrara's head, which is the weakest part of his game.

Hillers have enough weapons on O, 46 is a great dodger and can take over a game. Probably not going to be enough to knock of Sallies, but definitely enough to be where they are and respected. I think Spruance gets overlooked and is a very good player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT