ADVERTISEMENT

Playoffs

I believe Appo won by 4 as you predicted. I think it was 12-8 Sals won 20 - 10

Auks game them a run for a bit but Sallies had two big runs, the second giving them the push away from 12-8.

Went from 11-7 to 17-9 really quick.

Great job by Appo keeping their composure after Tower came back and made it a game. Appo looked like they could of ran away early but Tower Hills offense showed what they can do. Ferrara once again led a powerful offense and was just a little too much for the Hillers

Sallies is a lock for another championship. Archmere had the best chance of knocking them off. They made a good run after Sallies 10-0 run but just couldn't get it under a 4 goal deficit. To me Sals defense didn't look too good especially with all the talk they get but goalie made some big saves. Their offense moved the ball well and they have too many weapons on that side of the field.

Sals win big Saturday

You were close. Final was 16 - 7. 5-3 after the 1st then Sals put the game away with a 7- 0 second period. It was 16 - 6 mid way through the final period and the Sals pulled all the starters and ran out the clock

Reactions: Chesdel
Sals ride and transition game killed Appo.

Appo wasn't great on D but got a lot of good goalie play.

Good run for Appo, just wish they'd find a way to cut out the stupid penalties.

I thought Appo had a good team. Not sure what their feeder pattern is like but if they remain competitive Sallies should add them to the schedule.

Sals ride and transition game killed Appo.

Appo wasn't great on D but got a lot of good goalie play.

Good run for Appo, just wish they'd find a way to cut out the stupid penalties.

Stupid penalties and Sallies putting the two poles on face offs was key. Appo kid was winning every face off and keeping it close. Then Sallies brought Lyons up and had the LSM there and they out muscled the smaller Appo front line and took control of the possessions

Appo's faceoff guy was definitely their biggest advantage on the field.

But even when he had success Appo was muscled off almost every gb.

He had some success pushing it forward, and once they poled the FO it was no contest.

I find it hard to believe the Sals cannot produce/train/teach someone to be more competitive at FO. The Sals attack can score on anyone in the country. The issue is that when they play the Top 10 teams they are getting totally smoked at FO. They lost almost every face of against Hill and Malvern. The Sals high talent level kept them competitive against Hill ( an OT lose) but Malvern just killed them off the FO and the Sals lost by 10. I am convinced the only difference between the Sals being a top 10 team and a top 50 team is the top 10 teams have superior FOGO's.

They had one I believe in Colby Reeder but he gave up the sport after his freshman year.

The two seniors they used last year were better but they both got smoked when playing Hill and Malvern. In both games the Sals lost almost every FO in the second half. Its a testament to the talent the Sals have that they were able to take Malvern to OT last year even though Malvern won most of the face offs. Same thing this year against Hill Canada. The Sals scored 9 goals against Hill and took them to OT while losing most of the face offs. National powers Boys Latin (8 goals), Calvert Hall (7 goals) and Culver Academy (4 goals) had trouble scoring on Hill and they all have better FOGO's then the Sals. Not to beat a dead horse but if the Sals could work out the FO issues they would be a top 10 team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT