ADVERTISEMENT

Potential Tournament Seeding?

May 15, 2018
If the weather predictions are accurate for tomorrow, May 21, and many of the games across the state are canceled, what would be everyone's full tournament seeding predictions for 1-24?

If the weather predictions are accurate for tomorrow, May 21, and many of the games across the state are canceled, what would be everyone's full tournament seeding predictions for 1-24?

Just throwing it out there to start it up.
1. Caravel
2. WP
3. St. M
4. Cape
5. Appo
6. Hodgson
7. Delmar
8. Sallies
9. St. Georges
10. Red Lion
11. Friends
12. Concord
13. CR
14. Dover
15. IR
16. DMA
17. Central
18. Poly
19. Middletown
20. Sussex Tech
21. Glasgow
22. Conrad
23. St. E's
24. Delmarva

i think you are right and either way they haven't cancelled their game yet...does Mount P have a path to get in at 9-9 too?
Mount is in with a win today as the Flight B champ. If they lose, they’re out. If game is cancelled, they’re out.

Not true. Baseball requires a .500 or better record for tourney participation.
I stand corrected. Baseball is the only tournament that requires a .500 record.
That's crazy. So St. E's earns 13(.500) pts and 6(.700) pts, one of the tougher schedules and Delmarva Christian is sitting at 13 currently with 5/4 on DIAA's tournament spreadsheet. Friends at 7/2. I'd take St.E's over any team up to #9 in the 1st round....
That sucks

So that means Brandywine would be the Flight B rep by virtue of having the next best conference record, right?
No no no. Brandywine is sitting at 33. Mount is the Flight B champion. They do not slide the championship around. And Brandywine is horrible.

Playing at Maple Zone

Just looked at Mounts schedule, they already adjusted their record to 7-9 before the game starts because of St. Thomas Moore only playing 11 games. So, since St. Thomas More didn't play 12 games, that win goes away, correct? Therefore, no one from Flight B will get into the tourney and this game only really impacts whether or not St. E's gets in right?

Separate question, when was the last time Flight B wasn't represented in the tournament, if ever?

I stand corrected. Baseball is the only tournament that requires a .500 record.
That's crazy. So St. E's earns 13(.500) pts and 6(.700) pts, one of the tougher schedules and Delmarva Christian is sitting at 13 currently with 5/4 on DIAA's tournament spreadsheet. Friends at 7/2. I'd take St.E's over any team up to #9 in the 1st round....
That sucks
where can the diaa tournament spreadsheet be found? thanks

Just throwing it out there to start it up.
1. Caravel
2. WP
3. St. M
4. Cape
5. Appo
6. Hodgson
7. Delmar
8. Sallies
9. St. Georges
10. Red Lion
11. Friends
12. Concord
13. CR
14. Dover
15. IR
16. DMA
17. Central
18. Poly
19. Middletown
20. Sussex Tech
21. Glasgow
22. Conrad
23. St. E's
24. Delmarva
shouldn't Archmere be somewhere on this list

Reactions: 84rider
Mount beat St.E 2-0, so both out I guess.
Here's a possible twist. St. Thomas More was scheduled to play Design Lab. They cancelled their season. If you have a team scheduled and they cancel, then you have the option to take a forfeit or schedule a new game. If they take the forfeit, they have 12 games and Mount is in. The meeting has to be tomorrow morning , if not tonight. I guess we'll see...

Reactions: Lazertron
Here's a possible twist. St. Thomas More was scheduled to play Design Lab. They cancelled their season. If you have a team scheduled and they cancel, then you have the option to take a forfeit or schedule a new game. If they take the forfeit, they have 12 games and Mount is in. The meeting has to be tomorrow morning , if not tonight. I guess we'll see...
That’s interesting!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT