D1

1. Smyrna Ws over CR, SC
2. CR - Ws over Sals, CH, SC
3. Sals- Ws over SC,
4. SC Ws over CH, Middletown
5. Cape Ws over Smyrna, ST,
6. Middletown- Ws over STG
7. STG
8. Delcastle - common opponent point diff over ST with WP and ST matches.

D2

1. Milford (Hen South Champs)- Ws over CA, IR, WB, SMY, LF, NCS)
2. Caravel Ws over WB, LF, Arch
3. IR - Ws over WB, LF,
4. WB - W over LF
5. LF- Ws over DMA(+23)
6. NCS -Ws over Arch, MtP, DMA (+ 21)
7. Archmere - Ws over MtP, TH
8. Mount P (Flight B champs)W over TH

I think is how it stands. D2 should hold regardless of results. NCS vs Archmere probably will not be much different than the first meeting.

D1 could change a bit with CH and STG in a Dual this week and ST vs SC. Last shot for ST to get in.

Last edited:
Is it typical 8 man bracket format ?
Quarters on Friday. Semis and finals Saturday? 1v8 2v7 3v6 4v5

Yes lev. Unless something crazy happens

Saturday semis will be

D1

Smyrna v Central
CR V Sallies

D2

Milford v Woodbridge
Caravel v Indian River

D1 might have some drama D2 Milford walks.

Last edited:
Yes lev. Unless something crazy happens

Saturday semis will be

D1

Smyrna v Tech
CR V Sallies

D2

Milford v Woodbridge
Caravel v Indian River

D1 might have some drama D2 Milford walks.
Something crazy, like the 7 & 8 gracefully bow out and they go back to the original 6 teams/one day format?

does Diamond State or Independent League champ teams get an autobid for wrestling.. I know they dont for football not sure about wrestling

nevermind just looked it up no they dont

d1 could be any 1 of the 4 but i think smyrna has the momentum. d2 milford, but caravel has some real good young talent, who knows maybe they bump around some this time.

IR was supposed to wrestle Middletown tonight. but I see its cancelled anyone know why?

With the semis and finals being on a Saturday and not a work night,, How early do you think you have to get there to get a seat?.. or do you need to pre-purchase tickets? I am assuming its going to be a very packed house

I think that Sallies will win it all
Did you run the numbers and have the backup to substantiate that claim. This is a wrestling forum where well educated fans discuss wrestling. So please post your bouts and projections and we will be willing to discuss your claim. I think you may be right, but lets see the work. Thanks

one of the cool things about high school dual meets is all the moves a coach can actually make( if he has a little depth) to get better matchups for team. when u have a hammer like smyrna 182, u can bump him up and take out just about anybody that is huge. i like big ten dual meets but at that level they hardly ever bump around.

Some of the teams that bump will really have to think about where they weigh guys in. Teams set lineups on Friday that carry over for semis and finals, so some moves could be negated. Have to be careful to do projection against all teams not just quarters. Added level of difficulty. One of reasons that having quality backups is key. Guys that lose close wrestle offs sometimes don't realize how valuable to the team they can be. Instead of being a backup, they quit or transfer. So important to learn to play a role in a winning team and it not always be about being a star.

I think they are weighing in again Saturday

Friday, February 8, 2019 Time Event

4:30 PM Teams arrive. Please do not arrive earlier
5:00 PM Weigh-ins begin
6:00 PM Quarterfinals begin on two mats
8:00 PM ( immediately following preceding matches) Quarterfinals continue on two mats

Saturday, February 9, 2019 Time Event

12:30 PM Teams arrive. Please do not arrive earlier.
1:00 PM Weigh-ins begin
2:00 PM Semifinals begin on four mats
4:00 PM (immediately following semifinals) Finals begin on two mats Following Finals Presentation of Awards

Yes they do weigh in both days but can only go up one wt class. From Friday which remains the same Saturday. They cannot weigh in at 138 Friday and bump to 145 and then Saturday weigh in at 145 and bump to 152

Reactions: BackinBlack86
So why exactly did they add more teams this year? Seems kind of pointless for Smyrna and Milford to kick everyone’s ass. Just have Smyrna and Milford wrestle each other.

Well first of all, Smyrna and Milford arent even in the same division. Second its not exactly an easy road to a championship for either of them. Especially Smyrna. So...

Obviously they’re not in the same division... point is they’re the top 2 teams in the state and have dominated both of their divisions the past so many years especially Milford. Honestly do you think anyone in D2 comes close to beating Milford? Smyrna is a little closer to the pack but still. Isn’t Milford moving up to D1 next year? If so that’s perfect. Makes D1 more competitive and gives D2 schools a chance.

I actually feel like sallies might be the favorite going into d1 states. I absolutely hate sals soccer and lax. The wrestling team though i kinda like and would like to see win. Definitely a solid 3 way race for d1

Reactions: laxgod
Obviously they’re not in the same division... point is they’re the top 2 teams in the state and have dominated both of their divisions the past so many years especially Milford. Honestly do you think anyone in D2 comes close to beating Milford? Smyrna is a little closer to the pack but still. Isn’t Milford moving up to D1 next year? If so that’s perfect. Makes D1 more competitive and gives D2 schools a chance.

I think SC & CR would disagree with you imo

I actually feel like sallies might be the favorite going into d1 states. I absolutely hate sals soccer and lax. The wrestling team though i kinda like and would like to see win. Definitely a solid 3 way race for d1
If they go straight brackets, Smyrna might not even see Sallies. Are they doing the "lowest remaining seed" business or just brackets? I worked Smyrna-Sallies match three times, and have Smyrna winning even with two of their hammers losing in the scenario (just for the calculations). All about bonus points.

If they go straight brackets, Smyrna might not even see Sallies. Are they doing the "lowest remaining seed" business or just brackets? I worked Smyrna-Sallies match three times, and have Smyrna winning even with two of their hammers losing in the scenario (just for the calculations). All about bonus points.
Supposedly its 8 man bracket. Smyrna and sals would be finals in that scenario

Maybe some folks thought it might increase interest if more teams got in? and an extra day certainly increases gate income for DIAA if you look at it that way. Others may think byes gives teams a advantage in scouting and another match for their opponents to occur injuries.. Just depends on how you look at it I suppose...

From a football perspective I would much rather play and keep the mojo going than sit a week and scout a possible opponent I already know what hey do but yeah the week to heal an ailing player and the hope a player on an opponent gets hurt can be an advantage as well.. BUT to me if I win I want to beat the other team at their best and my team at their best

Last edited:
thanks jxs2151.. lets do a DePreps Bracket Challenge... winner gets a chicken dinner lol

heres mine

D1 round 1(1pt)

1Smyrna
4Central
3Sallies
2CR

Rd2(2pts)

4Central
2CR

Rd 3(3pts)
2CR

D2 rd1(1pt)