ADVERTISEMENT

Saint Marks / Sallies

laxdeusa

moving up to Varsity
Apr 12, 2008
Was the game played? No mention in paper or Lax Power. Great match up today, Auks and TH

It was a great game. Tower Hill won 7 to 6. TH was up 5 to 3 after the 3rd. Archmere came back to take a 6 to 5 lead with a couple of minutes left. Then an Archmere turnover lead to a quick score and just seconds after the face off TH scored again.

Is it safe to say than this is a four team race? Sallies, Tower Hill, Archmere, friends.?

With a one goal loss to Friends and a two goal loss to Archmere, I think Cape should be thrown in there. Outside of Sallies, they're definitely capable of upsetting any of those teams.
In my opinion, only Sallies, Tower Hill, and Archmere are possible teams for the Finals. Friends and Cape will mostly likely be knocked out in the Semis or Quarters.

Should the state go to two divisions? Because of the difference of ; similar to how football does large school vs small school.

At this point in time Division 1 would not be that competitive for the Sals since TH, Auks, Friends and Cape would all be in Division 2. In years past St Marks and CR have had some really good teams but for the last 5 or 6 years The Sals have had their way with both.

cr ccan beat friends TH and archmere they are having a great year and are holding there own improving without recruiting from out of state or having 18 year old sophomores come on they do it RIGHT

I strongly oppose the idea of two divisions in Delaware. The talent level in what would be Division 2 (for example, the bottom half of the state if you divided the Laxpower.com rankings in half) is just not high enough to warrant giving the winner the title of State Champion. Maybe in 10 or 15 years when numbers in youth programs can compare to CYM football and Pop Warner leagues, this might be a topic worth serious consideration.
CR has played no one besides a rusty Sallies team the first game of the season. If they played again now, it'd be much closer to the 17-5 score of the Sallies-Cape game. I really don't think they can beat either Tower or Archmere, maybe Friends though.
Let's be honest, no one recruits in Delaware for lacrosse. Unless you call reputation as a lacrosse powerhouse a recruiting violation.

Maybe they should divide into a public and private school championships like Maryland does. Of course DE's small size makes thing complicated. Even with a public and private split, you have great inequities. Schools like CR have an enrollment of 2,067 and Delmar has about 600. There are no easy answers.

There is an answer...keep things the way they are. Delaware has a "state Champion" done deal. Why would you want two? Is everyone really that tired of the same teams being at the top? Then get your team out and practice in the off season.

Now don't jump on me and say it won't help or any of the other blah blah delaware lacrosse as a whole needs to improve and that's the only way it can...will playing year round make your team a state champ??? maybe not but you'll get better you're team will get better and de lax will get better.

Hit the wall boys.

15-4 Sallies. Archmere TH is going to be interesting..I'm calling an archmere win by 5???

Nice call on that laxdude1269,....

Six teams have a legit shot at the title. I would suspect the first round tourney games will all be double digit wins.

Ok...I was wrong??? What was the point in calling me out? I made a prediction based on how Archmere played friends?? Why are you giving me a hard time?

I could be like you and say something so bold and brave as "six teams have a legit shot at the title"! Way to narrow that down! You're insight is Fascinating do you have a blog! I'd like to follow it.

I have seen most of the top teams except Cape and I think only Tower Hill and Archmere have any shot of beating Sallies. I don't think its a "good" shot but Sallies "has" lost two finals to teams they handled during the regular season. Thats why we play the games.

sensitive, didn't mean to hurt your feelings :-(

Sallies, TH, Arch, Cape, CR and Friends if they get healthy. Sallies lost to two solid programs out of State. They have a test Friday and we will see how they do.

Must be nice ti win a "Delaware" state championship with a roster loaded with talent from SE Pennsylvania. Public and private shouldn't compete for championships in any sport. Have a private school champion and public school champion.

It is nice to win a state championship no matter where the talent comes from. There are only 15 private schools playing lacross. Not enough to have thier own state championship.

Public school people always say to split the championships up. I just brought the question up about divisions not multiple championships. Go with the new Castle county Softball league format. Have four divisions 4 pts to play a D1 team and work your way down. That way you get points for playing top teams. Top ten teams in state d1 and so forth. Move up and down each year based on recorded best in D2 moves to d1 and worse d1 moved down. Same with other divisions. Have top team in each division make tourney and the rest by points like we do now. This way teams like St Andrews who is having a rough year could still make it because of strength of schedule vs a team like Mckean who wins against a horrible Flight B schedule.

Never will this happen but it's fun to talk about. After yesterday's game with TH bs Archmere I am curious to see Sallies play these teams.

There are what 42 teams in the state I think??? Why this talk about breaking things up just because teams like Sallies are dominating right now??? Why would you want a separate championship or divisions? The top teams in the state get into the tourney...every year some team gets in that everyone knows isn't as good as a team that didn't get in but that's life...its not fair, get over it. Never has a team that is a "powerhouse" Missed the tourney.

Do we need to give every player in the state a little trophy at the end of the year too?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT