ADVERTISEMENT

Scores?

delawarenole

Top 100 Prospect
Mar 29, 2002
Appo lost pretty good to St Mary’s, think by 15.

Heard Sallies beat season 15-6 or something like that.

Any others?

Appo lost pretty good to St Mary’s, think by 15.

Heard Sallies beat season 15-6 or something like that.

Any others?

AA County is loaded with Lax talent. The kids are born with lacrosse sticks in their hands there it seems.. different level

I honestly don’t know if there was much either goalie could have done. It’s tough to save 8 yard fast break shots which is what they were facing for the majority of the second half.
What was the reason for all of the fast breaks? There must of been a tangible breakdown somewhere. I have seen the Sals play some really good top ten teams over the past few years, Hill, Garden City, Malvern, Culver Acadamy and others and there may have been 1 or 2 fast break goals in those games. Mostly off of face offs. There was never a barrage for an entire half. The clear deciding factor in those games was that the FOGO on the top ten team dominated the kids from Sallies. Any details to share?

Chaminade definitely had the advantage on faceoffs but there wasn’t many straight runs to the goalie off the wins. The fast break goals were coming on regular transition plays. The team was just faster and more polished. Their middies and d poles get out of their own zone quickly. They were fun to watch

What was the reason for all of the fast breaks? There must of been a tangible breakdown somewhere. I have seen the Sals play some really good top ten teams over the past few years, Hill, Garden City, Malvern, Culver Acadamy and others and there may have been 1 or 2 fast break goals in those games. Mostly off of face offs. There was never a barrage for an entire half. The clear deciding factor in those games was that the FOGO on the top ten team dominated the kids from Sallies. Any details to share?

Chaminade is pretty damn good, those NY/LI boys are pretty damn smooth. But from what I have seen I think Sals are still settling in and not themselves yet. They will settle down - also what game was it for Sallies? DE starts so late.

It seems Cape losing to a top 10 team by 7 and Salesianum losing to a top 10 team by 7, that their teams are similar. 4/12 should be interesting!

Sals play Cape and Appo that same week and I would have said before the season that one of those games is likely the preview of the championship. Now 2 games into the the season I doubt it, at least as far as Appo goes. They are struggling bad on D even considering how good their opponents are - both would probably beat anyone instate expect Sallies and I think St Marys probably would beat Sals.

Now Cape they have impressed I expected a worse loss to Bullis and they played strong. Looks like a Cape vs Sals championship unless Appo can get back on track or some one like Archmere surprises.

Reactions: listening to noise
Chaminade is pretty damn good, those NY/LI boys are pretty damn smooth. But from what I have seen I think Sals are still settling in and not themselves yet. They will settle down - also what game was it for Sallies? DE starts so late.
Sallies played Easton the night before the Chaminade game so Chaminade was game #2.

Made the trip to see Garden City. They are legit. They look better than Chaminade. This could get ugly

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT