ADVERTISEMENT

Scores?

Towson should have tried to score. Running out the clock never works in lax. The sport is too fast

So took 30-45 minutes and looked I think Appo really does need to win. That being said I think they will beat MT.

There's no way Mount or Newark Charter gets in ahead of Appo, who probably has more bonus points out of state than either of those teams has in games vs teams over .500

Newark Charter has 4 games vs teams with a winning record I think?

There's no way Mount or Newark Charter gets in ahead of Appo, who probably has more bonus points out of state than either of those teams has in games vs teams over .500

I agree, not sure NC has 20 total points yet

So for all of you guys I ran the #'s - again directional - but I see 3 or 4 teams tied same index value from 13-16 and a few other spots like 4 & 5.

How does the committee handle that? Subjectively try to rank them? Head to head? etc.

The difference between . 13 and playing say MT is MUCH different then 16 playing Cape. But the teams might have the same points?

A 15 game schedule makes a 10 win team worth 2 quality points and a 8 win team worth 1.

NCS is closer than you think. Barring any upsets they will have 31 total points and more than likely only one point out of a playoff spot. But if they shock the world today and beat DMA then I think they might be in and DMA might be out. (Not predicting, just looking at numbers)
Not True. A ten win team is worth 1. Ten wins in 15 games is a .667 win percentage. To get 2 points the opposing team must have a .701, needing 11 wins in 15 games.

Never mind. My mistake. Sorry about that folks

For the other half of the calculation do teams still receive 2 points for each win and 0 points for each loss played during the regular season?

Reactions: E-Torro
Item 2. Tournament Seeding A. Team Reports: 1. The last date and time that teams can play contests eligible for tournament consideration is Saturday, May 18 by 3 PM. All schools must accurately complete and post the team report on the school’s website4sports site by 3 PM on Saturday, May 18, 2019. 2. If the team report is not complete by 3:00 PM on Saturday, May 18, the offending school may not be considered for the tournament. 3. Schools that play out-of-state opponents MUST report that school’s contact information to the Committee Chair, Dave Oswinkle, by May 1, 2019. B. Index Calculation: The tournament index will be calculated according to the following procedures: 1. Teams will receive two (2) points for each win and 0 points for each loss played during the regular season. 2. In addition, one (1) bonus point will be awarded for each opponent with a regular season win/loss record of .501 or better. 3. An additional bonus point will be awarded for each opponent with a regular season win/loss record of .701 or better. 4. Each team’s point index will be determined by dividing the total points earned by the number of varsity games played. C. Tie Breakers: If two or more teams are tied with the same point index, the committee will use the following tie breaking criteria: a. Head-to-head competition. If three or more teams are tied, the teams must have all played each other. b. Win/loss percentage against common opponents during the regular season.

Yes sir/ma'am
2 for a win
0 for a loss
1 point for playing a team over .500
2 for playing a team over .700

It is going to be super close and depend on the final records of a couple of teams.
Appo - If they lose to Middletown will finish with 26-29 points depending on the final records of West Chester Rustin, Concord, and Queen Annes.
Mt. P - Assuming 11 wins? 28-30 points depending on the final records of Concord and First State Military
Newark Charter - Assuming 11 wins? 28 points.

There are several games still to take place that will determine if teams finish 7-8 (0pts) or 8-7 (1pt) and 10-5 (1pt) or 11-4 (2pts). Also, the records listed online for out of state teams is unreliable, at best.

Either way, it's going to be close.

It is going to be super close and depend on the final records of a couple of teams.
Appo - If they lose to Middletown will finish with 26-29 points depending on the final records of West Chester Rustin, Concord, and Queen Annes.
Mt. P - Assuming 11 wins? 28-30 points depending on the final records of Concord and First State Military
Newark Charter - Assuming 11 wins? 28 points.

There are several games still to take place that will determine if teams finish 7-8 (0pts) or 8-7 (1pt) and 10-5 (1pt) or 11-4 (2pts). Also, the records listed online for out of state teams is unreliable, at best.

Either way, it's going to be close.
The issue with Appo is that there is a possibility that they win only 7 games while NCS and Mt. P may win 11 giving them an 8 point head start.

The issue with Appo is that there is a possibility that they win only 7 games while NCS and Mt. P may win 11 giving them an 8 point head start.

Thats what I saw as well.

Things are breaking thier way though with Rustin getting them +1 and St Marys +2.

Dont think Queen Anne got them anything there were 7-7 and didnt win thier 8th until playoffs which I dont think count.

Appo had better win if they want to be comfortable going into the weekend.

DMA beat the brakes off NC today 16-0

Archmere with back to back loses

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT