ADVERTISEMENT

Scores?

Being down 10-0 at one point, was Sals that outmatched or did they not play up to potential?

I havent seen them yet but I have friends on St Augustine and they said Sals ddint seem as good as they have seen before. Honestly knowing the talent I dont necessarily believe that but maybe they just havent "jelled" as a team. It happens but something playing games will take care of.

Also Garden City is NASTY

It seems Cape losing to a top 10 team by 7 and Salesianum losing to a top 10 team by 7, that their teams are similar. 4/12 should be interesting!
Speaking as a Cape parent, to be fair, Bullis was dominating before pulling their starters. Once the game got closer, the cavalry came back in and though not as dominant, still looked much better. Cape had opportunities at the beginning to make it a different game but didn't capitalize. They are improving each week, though.

Reactions: listening to noise
Speaking as a Cape parent, to be fair, Bullis was dominating before pulling their starters. Once the game got closer, the cavalry came back in and though not as dominant, still looked much better. Cape had opportunities at the beginning to make it a different game but didn't capitalize. They are improving each week, though.
I’m sure Bullis is like Chaminade and Garden City. Those teams are on a different level. Fun to watch

Sals obvious number 1 but what do you guys think about the following 4, feel free to rank them
appo
archmere
cape
cr

Right
Sals obvious number 1 but what do you guys think about the following 4, feel free to rank them
appo
archmere
cape
cr
Right Now?

Sals
Cape
Archmere
Sanford

After that who knows. You can’t take teams like Dover and say they are 3-0 sonthere #5 the schedule hasn’t be close to CR, Appo, Sals, Cape etc. Need 2-3 more weeks of games so the instate start to level more to truly say who is top 5 in DE.

appo
archmere
cape
cr
I think 1-5 is Sallies, 6-9 is Cape, 10 is everyone else. At least that's how it looks right now. I look forward to a day when there are 6-10 evenly matched teams at the top of the state.

I think 1-5 is Sallies, 6-9 is Cape, 10 is everyone else. At least that's how it looks right now. I look forward to a day when there are 6-10 evenly matched teams at the top of the state.

How did Sals do last night? Think it was an easier game the St Joe’s team tonight
Is harder.

Saw DMA lost Dover, they must be a significant step down from last year.

How did Sals do last night? Think it was an easier game the St Joe’s team tonight
Is harder.

Saw DMA lost Dover, they must be a significant step down from last year.

Dover is a very well coached group and will always turn in a good effort. Overlook them and this will happen.

Real competitive game, think Sals and Cape are pretty evenly matched this year so excited to see the inevitable rematch come tourney time. I will say Cape couldn’t win a face-off tonight to save thier life. Kudos to Cape, especially the Defense, for not letting that be a factor but i’d be concerned moving forward when they play again.

Real competitive game, think Sals and Cape are pretty evenly matched this year so excited to see the inevitable rematch come tourney time. I will say Cape couldn’t win a face-off tonight to save thier life. Kudos to Cape, especially the Defense, for not letting that be a factor but i’d be concerned moving forward when they play again.

The Sallies face off kids are beasts.

Is #13 for Cape the Best kid?

The Sallies face off kids are beasts.

Is #13 for Cape the Best kid?

I don’t believe so, but he’s about 6’5 and is as fast as anyone of the field so physically he’s a matchup problem. He is playing for Salisbury next year. #7, Gabe Best is only a sophomore but is thier best player, i believe he lead the team with 4 goals.

I don’t believe so, but he’s about 6’5 and is as fast as anyone of the field so physically he’s a matchup problem. He is playing for Salisbury next year. #7, Gabe Best is only a sophomore but is thier best player, i believe he lead the team with 4 goals.
13 is Jack Dennis, senior. He was actually out for the Bullis game.

This is a huge win for Cape. The records on the Salesianum web site only go back to the 2007 season but during that entire time the Sals have "not lost" an in-season game to an in-state opponent. There are only the 3 loses to instate teams in the state finals. (1 goal loses to Tower Hill and Cape and another 2 goal lose to Cape.) So for Cape to win this game by "4" is a statement win for the program.

Inside Lacrosse shows that OCNJ beat Cape 13-9. The Sals beat OCNJ 13-4. Cape beat the Sals 12-8. Who wins the Sals/Cape rematch in the States?

Heard Cape was up 5-1 and then ended up being down 10-6 by the end of the 3rd. Wasn't at the game so not sure what exactly caused Cape's collapse but it sounds similar to the Sallies vs. St. Joes game when Sallies was up 6-0 after 1 but ended up losing 13-10. I think Sallies and Cape are both better than the two teams they lost to but weird things can happen mentally when you have to travel that far (NJ and NY) to play a team whom you won't even be competing for a state title with. Not trying to make excuses for Sallies and Cape (or maybe i am?) but just food for thought.

Heard Cape was up 5-1 and then ended up being down 10-6 by the end of the 3rd. Wasn't at the game so not sure what exactly caused Cape's collapse but it sounds similar to the Sallies vs. St. Joes game when Sallies was up 6-0 after 1 but ended up losing 13-10. I think Sallies and Cape are both better than the two teams they lost to but weird things can happen mentally when you have to travel that far (NJ and NY) to play a team whom you won't even be competing for a state title with. Not trying to make excuses for Sallies and Cape (or maybe i am?) but just food for thought.

Some times you have a good game sometimes you don’t. It happens.

cape beating Sallies again in a rematch is far from guaranteed.

What I find funny though is Sals is probably going to be 9-6 or 8-7 and even with quality points could be a 5 or 6 seed. Could you imagine being #11 and figuring your getting Tower Hill and you get Sallies in first round. Ouch.

Saw Sals lost to Hill. that team is crazy good.

Also saw Griffith go down and never come back, hope he is alright. He's a great kid from a good family and unfortunately has had some bad injury luck. I hope he is okay.

Penn State 25. UMBC 10. It’s crazy how Big10 schools have gotten good at lax in just a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT