ADVERTISEMENT

Ship Saturday scores and comments

The refs are never used to having 12 of them call a playoff game, still making calls that should be left to the guy standing right there.....

Sarcasm I hope, 7 on field. The chain crew has no influence or impact of anything on field. We've been working 6 man regular season for years and 7 man for playoffs at least the last few years. Nothing new here, the wheels not been reinvented

Reactions: 84rider
Probably belongs in a separate thread, but what is Middletown's future with the possibility of a 3rd high school opening up? Will it dilute the talent a little bit? Appo opening didn't seem to do much...wonder if the growth down there will be enough to keep all 3 schools in DI. The only other districts up north with multiple high schools all have schools that are in DI and DII. BSD has Concord and Mount in D1, Brandywine in D2....Red Clay has AI in DI, Dickinson and McKean in D2, Christiana with Newark in D1, Glasgow and Christina in D2, etc....not to mention all the charters and private schools eating into school populations. Middletown may be getting a 3rd high school and has MOT Charter to compete with for students, etc.

The 3rd high school will be a arts school, like cab Calloway , it might take one or two but not hurt too much. The lines however will be redrawn as far as where you live and what school is yours.

Congratulations to Smyrna. One hell of a team.

Game went pretty much as I expected. The Import was difference maker. Game was actually kinda boring. Stupid penalties, interceptions, fumbles. Finally, MT might want to rethink the restart of the "Harvest Bowl".

Reactions: bone_em_up
Probably belongs in a separate thread, but what is Middletown's future with the possibility of a 3rd high school opening up? Will it dilute the talent a little bit? Appo opening didn't seem to do much...wonder if the growth down there will be enough to keep all 3 schools in DI. The only other districts up north with multiple high schools all have schools that are in DI and DII. BSD has Concord and Mount in D1, Brandywine in D2....Red Clay has AI in DI, Dickinson and McKean in D2, Christiana with Newark in D1, Glasgow and Christina in D2, etc....not to mention all the charters and private schools eating into school populations. Middletown may be getting a 3rd high school and has MOT Charter to compete with for students, etc.

MTown will feel the impact of a 3rd school just like they benefited from a population growth. Now Smyrna is getting that benefit.

We will have fans from both on here denying it but as population has moved south past 20-30 years you can see a direct trend. First Newark, then Christiana, then Glasgow, then MT and finally Smyrna.

That being said the impact takes a good 5-7 years before you feel it. With the roster MT has they will be damn good next three years. Thrown in a 3rd HS and population growth slowing down and Mt down will feel it in ~ 10 years. Still going to be good - great tradition and best youth feeder program in the state - but they will not be as dominant as past 10-15 years.

Reactions: 36RaiderD

I don't know the district lines, but I'm quite sure Middletown is quite alright. Tradition, legacy and reputation usually beats out new schools, really can't say that anymore because look at Newark and St. Mark's, but Middletown High's community is too strong to let the football team decline.

Reactions: 36RaiderD
And I can admit it - I totally felt like Smyrna would have some let down against Middletown today and I was dead wrong. Really nice rise to glory for the Eagles.

Reactions: ricci1997
Agreed penalties were crazy this game. The refs were pretty bad the whole game. When Smyrna lost a down on the one penalty that's just sad. I appreciate what the refs do but today was pretty sad.

Reactions: ricci1997
Game went pretty much as I expected. The Import was difference maker. Game was actually kinda boring. Stupid penalties, interceptions, fumbles. Finally, MT might want to rethink the restart of the "Harvest Bowl".

Difference maker was Knight, son.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT