ADVERTISEMENT

Ship Saturday scores and comments

Agreed penalties were crazy this game. The refs were pretty bad the whole game. When Smyrna lost a down on the one penalty that's just sad. I appreciate what the refs do but today was pretty sad.

Yeah let's talk about that shit. Those shit for brain refs were so horrible it made me sick. Literally sick. I threw up everywhere.

How the f**k do these guys get paid? There's 10 on the field and somehow they still can't keep track of the downs. If smyrna lost because of that there would have been some major problems after the game

Reactions: DE MTNEER
Middletown will be just fine.

Smyrna has been in beast mode the last 2 years. Great coaching and great players. Can't wait to see Henderson at UD. I might actually go to a game again.

Smyrna was just better in all facets of the game... I was questioning their conservative game plan at half and felt they could have opened it up and put it away early..Wanted to see more Hendo but hey it worked. Smyrnas game plan let Cavs hang around but they just didn't have any play makers to take advanyage.. Fry played like a Soph but didn't have much help.. The real story is Smyrna came in with a typical MT game plan.. Ground and pound and play great D.. They did just that...Smyrnas D was lights out and on top of everything MT tried to do.. Whats sick is Smyrna left so much in the chamber...Smyrna staff has that program humming,, I think we saw a preview of next year without Henderson

Last edited:
When Henderson got hit the one time running out of bounce no call there. The refs were the only M-Town was in this game for so long. Interesting to see who will be Smyrna's QB next.

Smyrna has a great team, but that could've won by 50 stuff is a stretch. It was 20-14 in the 4th and we had a couple bad turnovers that provided a short field. You know Coach Judy was concerned when he ran the earthquake package the whole 2nd half essentially and had LB playing safety. These two teams will be in the finals again next year, mark it down.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
When Henderson got hit the one time running out of bounce no call there. The refs were the only M-Town was in this game for so long. Interesting to see who will be Smyrna's QB next.
I saw the Hendo hit OB it was a good non call... it was close enough the defenders had no chance to pull up.. never called in HS.. NFL maybe where the QBs should have flags

Was not a conservative game plan, it was the right game plan. The numbers dictated running in between the tackles. Middletown only had 5 in the box. Smyrna had 5 blockers. That leaves the running back as the extra man. Middletown coaches did not return the favor. Middletown coach put the ball in the young qb's hand he was having trouble seeing the underneath coverage. Threw several passes right to lbs and safeties. They had the numbers between the tackles and kept throwing into the zone and running outside. Smyrna coach coaches on another level from the other high school coaches in Delaware. I had no rooting interests. I went to watch the game.

Smyrna fans were funny.. they booed every single penalty vs them.. even though their player grabbed Whitehead and tossed him to the ground after the play they booed the call LOL classic

Last edited:
Was not a conservative game plan, it was the right game plan. The numbers dictated running in between the tackles. Middletown only had 5 in the box. Smyrna had 5 blockers. That leaves the running back as the extra man. Middletown coaches did not return the favor. Middletown coach put the ball in the young qb's hand he was having trouble seeing the underneath coverage. Threw several passes right to lbs and safeties. They had the numbers between the tackles and kept throwing into the zone and running outside. Smyrna coach coaches on another level from the other high school coaches in Delaware. I had no rooting interests. I went to watch the game.
I agree but it is conservative based on what they normally do.. I dont disagree with the gameplan at all.. As you said MT was willing to give them 5 to 6 up the gut.Take what the D gives you. They called the right plays for the situation. I was just saying at the half I felt they could have opened it up and put it away... As it turned out they put it away anyway because MT couldn't do anything offensively

I also agree Smyrna Coaches on a different level than most DE HS staffs

Smyrna fans were funny.. they booed every single penalty vs them.. even though there player grabbed Whitehead and tossed him to the ground after the play they booed the call LOL classic

That's after 10 shitty calls. Gets old after a while. Oh and when they took a down from us and none of the dipshit refs knew

Smyrna fans were funny.. they booed every single penalty vs them.. even though there player grabbed Whitehead and tossed him to the ground after the play they booed the call LOL classic
We need to keep in mind that the officials are not being paid big $ and their assignment is not their primary responsibility in life. I work with an individual who officiates in South Jersey on Friday nights & weekends while at the same time working seven twelve hour days. He does it for enjoyment and to payback the debt to others who sacrificed for him when he was a child. Get a grip and leave them alone for if they weren't there the kids couldn't play.

We need to keep in mind that the officials are not being paid big $ and their assignment is not their primary responsibility in life. I work with an individual who officiates in South Jersey on Friday nights & weekends while at the same time working seven twelve hour days. He does it for enjoyment and to payback the debt to others who sacrificed for him when he was a child.
The refs were fine... fans are nuts they see things how they want

Everyone has their opinions on the game. Fry when the ball slipped out of his hands 3 times in a row at least two of those were fumbles. Of course the fans booed lol every call was against them basically.

The refs were fine... fans are nuts they see things how they want

Refs were fine??? Explain how 10 of them are so incompetant that they lose track of one of smyrna's downs. Please explain. Missing a holding call or making a bad call is one thing, but not being able to count is another. They sucked

Pickle obviously has no grasp of the rules . Winning the game and complaining about the refs is classless . Shut up you won. Win with class and humility.

Haha, "class." I'm pretty sure any adult that spends time on a high school message board is classless from the jump, including you, so STFU

Everyone has their opinions on the game. Fry when the ball slipped out of his hands 3 times in a row at least two of those were fumbles. Of course the fans booed lol every call was against them basically.
I agree ... thats a tough call .. if the ball moved forward for even a millimeter before coming out its a forward pass..human eye cant see that.. but I agree 2 of the three were out IMO but again thats such a tough call..

Pickle obviously has no grasp of the rules . Winning the game and complaining about the refs is classless . Shut up you won. Win with class and humility.

Oh and please tell me which rule I'm misunderstanding? The one where a down magically disappears and it's okay? Can you explain that one to me.

Fry is going to be the real deal in a few years. He had plenty of time too, Smyrna just played some good defense today
Yes Smyrna locked it down on the back end Fry tried to force some things and didnt see some things but that is how you learn.. He will be fine just needs some playmakers around him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT