ADVERTISEMENT

Ship Saturday scores and comments

@UD1989
That wasn't me, I was close by though. Poppa Drass looking good, looks like a million dollars.

@rr
That wasn't me, I was decked out in my Jason Boltus Hartwick Hawks gear and with my eldest grandson.
I sport the Hartwick College gear, my youngest daughter is a premed cheerleader at the same time I donn Delaware Valley University gear, my youngest son is a business major, he thinks he can still ball as a true Mike, I keep telling him your 15 years to late.

CavChuck-my posse and I were right behind you!! I would have stopped by to talk some " Blind Side" LOL

No high school team in this state is staying on the field with any college team mentioned. It would be boys vs men. 15-17 years olds can't compete with 18-21 yr old in this sport.

Men in age, yes. Men in maturation, probably yes. Men on the field? Nah Roadie. A man is someone like LB4 who's 6'2, 205 and can run a 4.4. Not a division 3 linebacker who is typically that same weight but at like 5'6

No high school team in this state is staying on the field with any college team mentioned. It would be boys vs men. 15-17 years olds can't compete with 18-21 yr old in this sport.

Ahhh I gotcha. You aren't considering Wesley a college and thus you're really saying Smyrna can't compete with UD or DelState. I'm with you. I'd have to agree with that.

Monday night football, I need D Moncreif to get 40yds & TD to get a 1st round bye,just saying of course

Does anyone else like to know where the news journal gets their attendance number for the championship games this past weekend? The paper tomorrow morning is going to say 11,000 with the stadium holding 22,000 and by halftime the stands was more than half full that's for damn sure. My estimation would be 16,000 at least

Does anyone else like to know where the news journal gets their attendance number for the championship games this past weekend? The paper tomorrow morning is going to say 11,000 with the stadium holding 22,000 and by halftime the stands was more than half full that's for damn sure. My estimation would be 16,000 at least

I think you are correct-I was very impressed with both sides- I know this- there were a lot more folk there there than last UD game!

CavChuck-my posse and I were right behind you!! I would have stopped by to talk some " Blind Side" LOL
@Jsky
You should of and I could of introduced you to my DC grandson while he was explaining DLine helmet placement with the Lag Technique.

He's 10 years old and I think we are getting our best Bang for our Buck with that MOT Youth FB.

DeNative, My comprehension is you are claiming the existence of good old boy network to get assignments. Passing a test and buying a $149.00 officials starter kit doesn't make you a football official. There is a clear path to the varsity field it usually involves a three to four year commitment. There are numerous opportunities in under varsity and youth football to more than adequately cover expenses. You're asking for better quality officials yet seem to be advocating the opposite through that statement. I would very much like to have a private conversation with you to discuss some of your concerns. Let me be clear, I am retired and I DO NOT represent any association or group. I do however love the game and officiating. If anything we could discuss could improve or help in anyway possible, it would be beneficial to all.

@Vert
Darn you! I said I was done on here! lol. Out of respect for you I wanted to answer you though. My comments are on a forum, not in the NJ article. Anyone on here, knowing the basis of the posts, should not be deterred from officiating from what I've said. If that's what I'm reading from your post.
I will gladly discuss this in more detail as I have a lot more that I would never put on here. I appreciate your dedication to your craft and reaching out to me. I've never bashed officiating as a whole...just think there needs to be more interaction w/coaches and the DIAA across the board. All three entities(officials, coaches, DIAA) stand to make strides of improvement...IMO. I keep hearing on here how officials are authority figures and I agree. I also wholeheartedly believe authority figures should be held accountable. That's what makes up part of their actual authority. I coach at Smyrna and I'm Nolan's father..I shouldn't be hard to look up. I would love to sit down with you and discuss some of these topics to get a better understanding. Maybe you will get a better one from me as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
DeNative, My comprehension is you are claiming the existence of good old boy network to get assignments. Passing a test and buying a $149.00 officials starter kit doesn't make you a football official. There is a clear path to the varsity field it usually involves a three to four year commitment. There are numerous opportunities in under varsity and youth football to more than adequately cover expenses. You're asking for better quality officials yet seem to be advocating the opposite through that statement. I would very much like to have a private conversation with you to discuss some of your concerns. Let me be clear, I am retired and I DO NOT represent any association or group. I do however love the game and officiating. If anything we could discuss could improve or help in anyway possible, it would be beneficial to all.

Vert: Any friend of the late Biff Lee is a friend of mine. I miss that guy.

Reactions: vertical stripes
@Vert
Darn you! I said I was done on here! lol. Out of respect for you I wanted to answer you though. My comments are on a forum, not in the NJ article. Anyone on here, knowing the basis of the posts, should not be deterred from officiating from what I've said. If that's what I'm reading from your post.
I will gladly discuss this in more detail as I have a lot more that I would never put on here. I appreciate your dedication to your craft and reaching out to me. I've never bashed officiating as a whole...just think there needs to be more interaction w/coaches and the DIAA across the board. All three entities(officials, coaches, DIAA) stand to make strides of improvement...IMO. I keep hearing on here how officials are authority figures and I agree. I also heartedly believe authority figures should be held accountable. That's what makes up part of their actual authority. I coach at Smyrna and I'm Nolan's father..I shouldn't be hard to look up. I would love to sit down with you and discuss some of these topics to get a better understanding. Maybe you will get a better one from me as well.

I apologize if it appeared I was calling you out. This thread has gotten off on some many rabbit trials I didn't realize you'd said you were done. Congratulations to Nolan and the team for repeating as state champions. I'll look you up.

Most of you guys have no clue what a division one player is. Unless your at least 6'3 as an offensive lineman you have no shot. As a linebacker you better be at least 6'+. Dline 6'2+ and over 250 right now in high school. Qb better be 6'1+ with a cannon or no shot. As the division go down to 2 & 3 so do these numbers. It doesn't mean that kid isn't a great player. But the reality is that there is certain criteria that recruiters are looking for. The same goes in baseball & basketball. Sorry that's just reality.

Basketball yes

Your wrong about everything else

They told you a lie to make you feel better about playing D3. You believed it because you lack self awareness. So now you project these lies onto everyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT