ADVERTISEMENT

Smyrna vs sals predictions?

UncCreepy

Getting reps on JV
Feb 7, 2014
I'm interested to see what everyone has to say about this matchup? Lots of possible good matchups should be a great match.

The key match will be spence vs natarcola. If Sallies wins it will be because they get bonus points from that match. Natarcola is coming off a big win and seems fully recovered from early season injury meanwhile spence is rolling. Should be a great match

Gonna be a great match either way- smyrna has been wrestling really well and grabbing bonus points in the key matches! I can’t imagine what it’ll do to the rankings if Sallies does knock them off

There's a lot of possibilities for sure. I saw that yesterday Dover bumped harp to wrestle Hudson and won in SV1. Great to see that match

Giampete is a little light to go up to 120 for Spence. It will be hard to avoid both Nats without giving up pins. Although it might result in a net of zero for both squads in those four matches.

Giampete is a little light to go up to 120 for Spence. It will be hard to avoid both Nats without giving up pins. Although it might result in a net of zero for both squads in those four matches.
Spence has been weighing in at 113 with engleman and they bump spence is what it looks like. I believe post season, spence stays at 113. Regardless, I doubt they bump giampietro . Could they weigh in glass at 120 ? He has made it before

Reactions: Fightingbluehen
From Trackwrestling, but definitely subject to change:

106 Connor Girard (Sal) vs. Gabe Giampietro (Smy)
113 Zach Spence (Sal) vs. Dylan Andruzzi (Smy)
120 Jack Engelmann (Sal) vs. Joseph Natarcola (Smy)
126 Owen Klinger (Sal) vs. Anthony Glass (Smy)
132 Carson Kist (Sal) vs. Amir Pierce (Smy)
138 Harry Latch (Sal) vs. Nicholas Natarcola (Smy)
145 William Brock (Sal) vs. Bryce Mullen (Smy)
152 Jack Harasika (Sal) vs. Logan Kosky (Smy)
160 Timothy Froelich (Sal) vs. Gavin Sembly (Smy)
170 Jack Miller (Sal) vs. Donald McAlpine (Smy)
182 Colin Fowler (Sal) vs. Tyler Downward (Smy)
195 Danny Stradley (Sal) vs. JT Davis (Smy)
220 Stephon Hutt (Sal) vs. Masen Wilson (Smy)
285 Ryan Adams (Sal) vs. Andrew DeBenedictis-Bayne (Smy)

I certainly hope so, even though it will be tough, sallies needs bonus points in that match to pull off the win.

I honestly dont know about that being a bonus point match?
Spence- age,strength,speed
Nat- slick,funky,confident
Recipe for a awesome match in my opinion.
I think if it happens it's a close match but I've been wrong plenty of times before.

I honestly dont know about that being a bonus point match?
Spence- age,strength,speed
Nat- slick,funky,confident
Recipe for a awesome match in my opinion.
I think if it happens it's a close match but I've been wrong plenty of times before.
I agree, I don't think it will be a bonus point match but Sallies needs bonus points from their hammer to pull off the upset.

Brock/Mullen will be a great matchup. Fowler and harasika could snag some bonus points too possibly. Going to be a tough one either way. Sallies will likely want to keep Spence at 113 imo

I would want spence at 120
I think at 113 englemen beats andruzzi
And at 120 spence beats nat in a close match.
That way sals takes both matches instead of a split.

I'm not sure what the roads are like down south but they are absolutely fine up here. I think a lot of wrestlers needed this match. A strong test to see where they stand before states

I'm not sure what the roads are like down south but they are absolutely fine up here. I think a lot of wrestlers needed this match. A strong test to see where they stand before states
Haha...'needed' might be a little strong. Some might find out where they are in dual meet states. I'm sure that most kids on both teams are hunkered down in front of video games by now...with pizza probably!

Now I'm definitely not an expert so I can't speak to the logistics of rescheduling an event but why couldn't they just push it back a day

43171469.jpg

Now I'm definitely not an expert so I can't speak to the logistics of rescheduling an event but why couldn't they just push it back a day

Both teams probably mutually decided to squash it.. both teams firmly in the state duals and neither really need this match..why risk injury at this point.. we'll see you at states

No doubt- if I’m smyrna I wouldn’t want to wrestle that match. They are sitting at number 1 and only a loss to the Sals could move them likely.

Was snow that bad in NCC? Bad break for sallies who I’d think beats Smyrna

I don't know about Wilmington weather but the forecast was definitely wrong for Dover/Smyrna. Believe me, Smyrna wanted the match. Sallies is the most talented it has been in a few years. But Aaron has no problem putting his team up against them. Actually, the match still might happen if Smyrna has any say.

Reactions: Bdaddy13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT