ADVERTISEMENT

So we’re two weeks out from first games.....

Hodgson and St. Georges fill in the gaps on Sallies' schedule. We can all breathe again.

Looks like HVT week 5 ( was Concord) and STG week 7 (was Delcastle)

I am guessing Tech will pick up Delcastle week 7 and Friends gets Concord week 5?

Now we just need TH to stop playin around and pick up CA week 6 and all will be right in the DELHS football world.. 🤪.. for now

Last edited:
Looks like HVT week 5 ( was Concord) and STG week 7 (was Delcastle)

I am guessing Tech will pick up Concord week 7 and Friends gets Delcastle week 5?

Now we just need TH to stop playin around and pick up CA week 6 and all will be right in the DELHS football world.. 🤪.. for now
BiB,

I heard from a Friends parent that they may have to decline a playoff bid. Apparently, the school had to shut down for a bit due to covid. The admin of the Indy teams is leading the charge. So, I am assuming this would be case for TH

BiB,

I heard from a Friends parent that they may have to decline a playoff bid. Apparently, the school had to shut down for a bit due to covid. The admin of the Indy teams is leading the charge. So, I am assuming this would be case for TH

I don't see how that would effect play-offs for them any more than playing regular season games.. doesn't make sense..

There has been a ton of cancelled games across the country the last two weeks though.. not liking the trend..

I don't see how that would effect play-offs for them any more than playing regular season games.. doesn't make sense..

There has been a ton of cancelled games across the country the last two weeks though.. not liking the trend..
I think it is more precautionary. I am sure someone else on here has heard the same.

According to what was presented at DIAA mtg, If one team can't play - a forfeit. If both teams cannot play due to Covid - it will be considered not played and neither team counts it in their records

According to what was presented at DIAA mtg, If one team can't play - a forfeit. If both teams cannot play due to Covid - it will be considered not played and neither team counts it in their records

This was copied from one of the articles.. but yeah it may have changed when it got to DIAA vote

If one team is prohibited from playing a game, it will be ruled as a forfeit victory for the scheduled opponent. But that opponent could decline the forfeit and – with the approval of football committee chairman Jim Comegys and DIAA executive director Donna Polk – schedule a game against another team with an open date that week. If both teams are not able to compete, it will be considered a tie and neither team is penalized

Apparently Friends didn't want to play ball with Concord so it will be

Sals vs HVT wk 5 ( replacing Concord)
Sals vs St Georges wk 7 ( replacing Delcastle)
Brandywine vs Concord wk5 (replacing Dickinson)
Dickinson vs Friends wk 5
Tech vs Delcastle wk7

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT