ADVERTISEMENT

States

I couldn't agree more one the best basketball of the year statement, and just as I drove from Smyrna to Cape everyday for slam dunk to the beach I'll watch every game at the Bob. There's going to be some great match ups
That's different, those are some of the best teams in the region and not a State tournament. Again, not asking for some kind of great disturbance in the force, just a fair chance for the fans that live down south and would like to be able and cheer their teams on.

Anyone can buy reserved seats in advance online and be guaranteed to get in. If you already have tickets you don't have to wait in line. Buy them on ticketleap and you're guaranteed a seat. Period. There is no downstate disadvantage other than a lack of planning.

Usually after brackets are announced. I will post the link. The thing is, if you have a particular team, you need to make sure you buy in the right sections.

The higher seeds are told to buy seats in certain sections, and the lower seeds in others, based on who is the home and visitor. So for the quarterfinals, the 1-4 seeds would be home teams assuming everyone won their games, the 5-8 seeds would be visitors. The advantage of splitting seats by home/visitor is pretty clear. And the games rarely sell out in advance.

It gets trickier when you buy a couple of rounds at once. For example, if you're a fan of the 1 seed, you know you will be the home team for every round. You could buy tickets in advance for all 3 rounds at the Bob in order to guarantee great seats if you wanted. But if the seeds don't hold, or if you're a fan of the 4 seed, you could be the home team in the quarters but the visitors in the semis and finals- at least I think the DIAA has the highest seed as the home team. I don't think the 8 seed becomes the home team the rest of the way if it beats the 1.

Anyway, the DIAA publishes the sections to buy when it puts the tickets on sale. I will post that as well.

All seats are gd at the BOB, if you want to sit with someone buy your tickets all together. I go to every game every year and I prefer to sit behind the court on the opposite side of where u come in.

At the current bob carpenter center only 1 boys team not from new castle county has ever won a championship and that was seafood in 97' with a ot win against Newark. Before that I believe it was in 84' CR so if there was any question if NCC runs bball in DE yes they do! Get a ticket sit where it says to sit and watch a upstate team win the chip

Or, maybe the chatter is based on seeing them play, and they don't look as good as some of the other top teams in the state. Example, I don't think they are as good as either of the teams I saw last night (Glasgow, Woodbridge).

@8yaz If you didn't think that Sanford was as good as Glasgow or Woodbridge then I'll assume that you didn't think they were as good as Hodgson either. Once again I guess that eye test can be tricky. They seem to be on a mission right now.

@8yaz If you didn't think that Sanford was as good as Glasgow or Woodbridge then I'll assume that you didn't think they were as good as Hodgson either. Once again I guess that eye test can be tricky. They seem to be on a mission right now.

Sanford plays ball. Played Smyrna tough

I haven't seen Hodgson play this year. I can't comment on them.

I haven't seen Hodgson play this year. I can't comment on them.
Sanford played very good team ball today. Hodgson has talent and athletic ability but played too much one-on-one stuff. Not enough good ball movement. Look for both to make some noise in the tourney though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT