ADVERTISEMENT

Summer 7x7 play

HSftballlaxFan

D1AA Prospect
Oct 4, 2008
Couple of notes I took from a few games I saw over the week.

The Middletown/Smyrna matchup was quite intriguing. After a while, the Smyrna receivers didn't look to be on the same level as Henderson. Barring a surprise up and comer, Knight should be in line for another MVP. The New MT qb looked great for a first time starter. Should be interesting to see how he looks when there's edge rushers coming after him. The August scrimmage could be a playoff preview.

The Cavs dominated Dover.

And Appo never showed up for their games. Should say a lot about where their are heads at.

Those were the only three games I saw, but if anyone else has some more to add.....

Couple of notes I took from a few games I saw over the week.

The Middletown/Smyrna matchup was quite intriguing. After a while, the Smyrna receivers didn't look to be on the same level as Henderson. Barring a surprise up and comer, Knight should be in line for another MVP. The New MT qb looked great for a first time starter. Should be interesting to see how he looks when there's edge rushers coming after him. The August scrimmage could be a playoff preview.

The Cavs dominated Dover.

And Appo never showed up for their games. Should say a lot about where their are heads at.

Those were the only three games I saw, but if anyone else has some more to add.....

The 2016 7 on 7 Season started?

I don't think it was the league because that starts next month I believe. It was Something different but it was 7x7.

To be exact, the flyer I have says it starts June 21st and ends at the end of July. Each team plays 10 games. Not sure on the teams just yet. I haven't gotten that notification yet. Teams were supposed to have their name in before May 31st unless the league isn't full, then the deadline would be extended

Games are usually played at a site to be TBA. I know the MOT little league fields were being utilized quite a bit last season. A team would come down and play 2-3 games a day at most to save on travel time. All coaches and players usually find their own transportation. But as soon as I receive the schedule I will post for everyone

Reactions: Dropping 3's
Games are usually played at a site to be TBA. I know the MOT little league fields were being utilized quite a bit last season. A team would come down and play 2-3 games a day at most to save on travel time. All coaches and players usually find their own transportation. But as soon as I receive the schedule I will post for everyone
Thanks for the 411!

The games last year were played @ MHS ( not the MOT youth fields ) . They used the turf practice field ; 2 games played simultaneously.

Also, RR2 is correct. Both Caravel & A.I . we're used as well with similar formats.

Here's Tuesday's schedule.......
ALL GAMES AT 6pm
@ A.i. - A.i. Vs. concord
@ A.i. - Sallies vs. delcastle
@caravel - Christiana vs. DMA
@ caravel - Glasgow vs. Caravel
@ MHS - Newark vs. Appo
@ MHS - Mtown vs. Smyrna
@ st. Marks - st. Marks vs. brandy wine
@ st. Marks - Howard vs. McLean

ALL GAMES AT 7
@a.i. - a.i. Vs. sallies
@a.i. - concord vs. delcastle
@caravel - Christiana vs. Glasgow
@caravel - caravel vs. DMA
@MHS - Newark vs. Smyrna
@MHS- Mtown vs. Appo
@STM - STM vs. Howard
@STM - McLean vs. brandy wine

I was @ MHS games . Cavs beat Smyrna . Both teams scored 5 TDs & Smyrna scored 1 more extra pt. than MHS . They difference was the Cavs had 3 interceptions , whereas the Eagles had zero . Very competitive game . MHS then easily handled Appo . I believe Smyrna was also.beaten by Newark ( new Coach Zehnder ) . The Yellowjackets also beat Appo . Newark & Middletown didn't play .

Thanks for the Info buc......I know it's early but do you like how both Smyrna and Middletown looked? Do you think they are on the top as of right now? I would like to go see sallies at some point, they graduated a lot of playmakers. I feel as though, they are going to go as far as their lines take them.

Some quick thoughts on both Smyrna & MHS . Looks like they are working on some new receivers, Henderson is still top notch and they still have their stud @ RB . MHS ... Their young QB & OL . The DB's are definitely LEGIT !!

Any games since the last updates? Who's looking good? I'm hearing Middletowns QB is nice. Is sallies involved in this league or is there an age limit?

I didn't make any games Tuesday either. Some notable games though.....

Newark vs. A.I., Middletown vs. Sallies, Smyrna vs. Sallies, Glasgow vs. Concord. Those were all this past Tuesday. There hasn't been an update on who won or anything.

Some notable games next weekend on the 5th......Appo-Smyrna, A.i.-Smyrna, Middletown-concord, Middletown-Newark, St. Marks-Glasgow, and Concord-DMA.

Also something worth knowing, Tuesday's results aren't uploaded but All Caravel, Mckean, Sallies, Middletown, Newark, and St. Marks are 2-0 before Tuesday's games. Smyrna entered Tuesday's match ups 0-2

Cowtown.....although I agree with your first statement, let's just take a step back, because this is only 7on7, the real football doesn't start until pads come on. One schools athlete can embarrass another schools, but it's the speed and brutality of the game that can make that one star lose a step and it's an equal playing field.

It's great watching 7on7 to see the skill that some of these players have, but there's no pass rush, there's no contact, if any it's illegal, and every play is an 90% pass because of how snaps you're allowed before a first down

Attended the games @ MHS . Teams were MHS, Smyrna, Sallies & DelCastle . Middletown beat DelCastle rather handily and Smyrna beat Sallies ( don't know the score but looked competitive) . The Sallies / Cavs game only lasted about 4plays until thunder resulted in a postponement. Same with Smyrna / DelCastle game.

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
Caravel beat Mckean and Howard.. Not completely sure what happened Appo vs Howard or Appo vs Mckean but I think Appo won both

Meet Spike..Sallies newest transfer to play RB/LB

0395353_16.jpeg

If I'm in the basement than where are you roosterbanger with your 6,000+ posts. Literally 6,000. Looked at your profile. You must be a serious winner. I actually feel bad for you and am slightly concerned for these young athletes you obsess about.

If I'm in the basement than where are you roosterbanger with your 6,000+ posts. Literally 6,000. Looked at your profile. You must be a serious winner. I actually feel bad for you and am slightly concerned for these young athletes you obsess about.

So the newbie is jealous? No worries mate at the rate your going you will be there in no time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT