ADVERTISEMENT

Summer 7x7 play

Do Henlopen conference coaches not see a need for 7vs7? Why is there not a league below the canal that rivals what's going on above the canal?

Obviously one does Smyrna but that is a no brainier for the offense they run.. Dover was always in it not sure why not this year. Probably because new coach.. I am not a huge fan of 7on7 but I am a little excited to go see the Smyrna V Caravel match-up tonight but I agree the Henlopen should put something out there if nothing more than getting the kids out to put in some work and compete some.. It would require someone organizing it though and giving up their free time in the summer. I am sure the refs down that way wouldn't mind making a few extra duckets in the summer

NCC sports has a few High School summer leagues.. 7v7, Field Hockey and Girls Basketball

Last edited:
Reactions: life lessons
I heard Smyrna left most of their players home because as young men they didn't think it would be right to beat up on a bunch of girls (caravel's football team).

I heard Smyrna left most of their players home because as young men they didn't think it would be right to beat up on a bunch of girls (caravel's football team).

LOL well that group of girls just beat the team that beat your CAVS in the USA Football North Regional tournament..what;s that make them? lol

girls. It makes them girls. I stand by my previous statement.

I'll give it to you as caravel cheerleader #1, your girls must be good at prancing around in their little private school short shorts when the pads are locked up in the equipment shed. Let's see what happens when the pads go on

girls. It makes them girls. I stand by my previous statement.

I'll give it to you as caravel cheerleader #1, your girls must be good at prancing around in their little private school short shorts when the pads are locked up in the equipment shed. Let's see what happens when the pads go on

yeah that is why Smyrna and Middleton have both refused to schedule them.. Afraid to lose to a D2 team.. Imagine the embarrassment Sallies had when they lost to Caravel then won the D1 ship.. But there is that "but" they lost to Caravel lol

All kidding aside Caravel will be good this year. Every program has to go through a down year like last year

Last edited:
RR....who does Caravel have returning? Anyone we should keep a close eye on?

And good for caravel against Smyrna. They are 8-0 now, with a great year ahead I suppose

@RR - Congrats to the Bucs for beating Smyrna . Didn't see that coming
#2 - Cavs defeated Smyrna the first week of NCC 7v7 competition
# 3 - Please explain to me why Middletown ( or any D1 school) should drop a D1 school in order to play a D2 school . Makes no sense...

I doubt he is even that motivated.. Leaving Moms basement just to take the trash out may be all he can hadle

Oh I'm just that motivated, no less no more. Rent in moms basement ain't cheap these days.

I might just have to come up the walkway and visit the Mrs tomorrow morning when I drop off your daily copy of the MicroManhood Times. I'll bring a pair of leather gloves and an oyster shucker just in case...

Watch MHS play Sallies & DMA . Smyrna played Howard and then played DMA , I believe ( I left ) . Cavaliers easily defeated both of their opponents.

I got to watch Sallies the first 7 on 7 hosted at AI. The Sals didn't look like the Sals of previous seasons. Of course they had numbers, but they didn't have those obvious go to guys that you can tell will take over a game. Don't know what the score was, but this year AI is pretty young, and AI seemed to be in full control of the game.

Middletown usually looks really good in 7 on 7. They dominated last year too, but the SAME passing game didn't transfer over into the season. I personally believe that their forcing of their passing game is what got them into trouble last year. After Datillo got hurt, the brother to brother passing game was pretty forced and obvious, and rarely worked. Overall, I still like their chances to go far this year.

Reactions: Jawnsky
All have to say about that is ... It's a new year , new situation.

Last edited:
I got to watch Sallies the first 7 on 7 hosted at AI. The Sals didn't look like the Sals of previous seasons. Of course they had numbers, but they didn't have those obvious go to guys that you can tell will take over a game. Don't know what the score was, but this year AI is pretty young, and AI seemed to be in full control of the game.

Middletown usually looks really good in 7 on 7. They dominated last year too, but the SAME passing game didn't transfer over into the season. I personally believe that their forcing of their passing game is what got them into trouble last year. After Datillo got hurt, the brother to brother passing game was pretty forced and obvious, and rarely worked. Overall, I still like their chances to go far this year.

AI- I like your observations.
FWIW....Sals and Cavs should always be in the mix just based on their numbers. They reload every year. However, this year we will def. see a diff Sals team. Their line will by far be the biggest in the state again and the young guys will be a year older but a lot remains to be seen on the O-line....having a stud RB can make average guys look good. They graduated more "key" talent than they are bringing back with 1 exception- QB....I really like what I have seen. Just hope BDN airs it out a lil' more. And their sked is a toss up....on paper it looks tough but looks can be deceiving.
...can't wait for Aug 15th!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT