152 - Cape decision
160 - SC decision
170 - Cape decision
182 - SC decision
195 - Cape decision
220 - SC major
285 - Cape decision

SC - 27 Cape - 25

I gave Cape 170 and Central 160, I think those are swings or toss ups depending on who goes where. I don't think it'll be this low scoring but I think it could be around this margin of victory and I think Central gets the job done.

A couple SC studs will really have to stub their toes for ANYONE to beat them this year. But hey, in this bliss of the new year, I like the optimism.
So you're saying that Central would have to wrestle poorly for Smyrna to beat them? Interesting. I stick by my prediction.

Reactions: youjustme
Good job Cape. Still optimism, but well founded. Bonus points here and there ; a different outcome in one match could have changed things so I can't go with knowledge!

@youjustme Cape took advantage of their strenghts and got bonus points when they could. Central for the most part did not. Missing Chambers and 2 late losses at 145 and 170 was the down fall. No excuses, Cape wrestled a good match and hopefully these two teams will see other again in February.

@Proud..
Are you getting on the Cape band wagon?
I wrecked the Dragon Wagon, so I'm done driving!

@youjustme Cape took advantage of their strenghts and got bonus points when they could. Central for the most part did not. Missing Chambers and 2 late losses at 145 and 170 was the down fall. No excuses, Cape wrestled a good match and hopefully these two teams will see other again in February.
I think you will be seeing these two teams battle again in the Dual States.

Reactions: proudscfan
Do any upstate teams even come close to Central, Cape or Smyrna? Haven't heard much about salesianum but can they stay within 20 of these 3?

Do any upstate teams even come close to Central, Cape or Smyrna? Haven't heard much about salesianum but can they stay within 20 of these 3?
I'd say within around 15-20 points. Of course, they have some individuals that should be in the state finals at a couple weight classes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT