ADVERTISEMENT

Sussex Tech vs Cape and Smyrna vs C.R which teams win??

Smyrna has to be the favorite at this point. CR was close with an injured Clark, but if I were CR, I'd rest him until everyone's sure he's ready to go. They can make the tourney with him healing up.

Reactions: jvm3 and 84rider
I still think ,come tourney time, Sanford will be the team to beat.

My favorites are still Smyrna & Sanford in the end. I have yet to see William Penn or Sallies for myself & I still believe CR can be right there too.

Reactions: 84rider
Bloodsworth is the key for Smyrna. Garnett is steady and always plays hard. Matthews is not a POY candidate imo until he learns to control his emotions. Hot and POY don’t belong in the same sentence, just saying

Bloodsworth is the key for Smyrna. Garnett is steady and always plays hard. Matthews is not a POY candidate imo until he learns to control his emotions. Hot and POY don’t belong in the same sentence, just saying

Interesting you say this. I have not seen Matthews lose his cool but I have seen this happen to Garnett. While I wasn't at the game, I knew from seeing CR in the fall league it would be a battle.

C.R. come to Cape in few weeks... Check C.R. out then... Watched game on utube... C.R. likes full court trap and half court trap on defense.. Thats the recipe for. Beating Smyrna. ..

Interesting you say this. I have not seen Matthews lose his cool but I have seen this happen to Garnett. While I wasn't at the game, I knew from seeing CR in the fall league it would be a battle.
Wat C.R got new transfers????? They lost Hooks and big from last year.. Robinson and Clark.....who else???

No transfers, they play about 9-10 guys, all of them can dribble, defend and shoot. Press and trap the whole game . They are doing a good job of running the floor also.

Matthews got t’d up again last night. I believe that’s 2 techs in 3 games. That equals hot head in my book, just saying

No transfers, they play about 9-10 guys, all of them can dribble, defend and shoot. Press and trap the whole game . They are doing a good job of running the floor also.
Oh ok.... Not that tall either... Seen on video.... But do press you the whole game... Garnett did watever he wanted to do insinde.. Looked like he was physical too ...

Matthews gets that way when his shoots are not falling or he cannot get up enough shoots. At lease he stopped shooting from Half court this year and his passing ability and team play has improved.

Matthews got t’d up again last night. I believe that’s 2 techs in 3 games. That equals hot head in my book, just saying

That’s a misleading statement. I was at slam dunk and saw the tech vs. Howard. It was for hanging on the rim after a dunk with a defender under him. Not sure that equals hot head. You’re starting to come across as a hater on the Matthews kid.

Oh ok.... Not that tall either... Seen on video.... But do press you the whole game... Garnett did watever he wanted to do insinde.. Looked like he was physical too ...

Shaft Clark played on one leg, didn’t elevate at all

@theWILL2WIN, I don’t hate on any kid period, check my track record, been on here along time but I do call them as I see them. I recognize and appreciate his talent no doubt. You stating that I’m hating on a kid has no basis. That’s the problem with small minded people, when faced with an opinion that differs from theirs, it’s hating. Over the past couple of years I’ve talked up Matthews stroke on many occasions. I agree with delawaresportsjunkie, his passing game has really matured but I still stand by what I said and saw. He’s a nice guard with great court presence and has a opportunity to get a free college education.

@theWILL2WIN, I don’t hate on any kid period, check my track record, been on here along time but I do call them as I see them. I recognize and appreciate his talent no doubt. You stating that I’m hating on a kid has no basis. That’s the problem with small minded people, when faced with an opinion that differs from theirs, it’s hating. Over the past couple of years I’ve talked up Matthews stroke on many occasions. I agree with delawaresportsjunkie, his passing game has really matured but I still stand by what I said and saw. He’s a nice guard with great court presence and has a opportunity to get a free college education.

maybe hater was too strong. My point was your statement about 2 techs in 3 games equals a hot head was misleading / fake news . I would agree with @jvm3. I haven’t seen this out of Matthews. I saw the slam dunk one, definitley not a hot head tech. Can’t speak to the other one. Not sure 1 tech labels you as a hot head

I was saying last night that Bloodsworth is underrated & the best point guard that I have seen...always under control, doesn’t force shots, takes what you give him & directs the offense like he is the coach on the floor. I can’t count how many times he directed/waved somebody to go through to the other side so he could entry pass to a matchup that he spotted in the post that he thought should be taken advantage of. W/ all that being said he still ALWAYS has to be accounted for because he can give you 20-25 on any given night & he is accurate. Give him as many shots as Matthews gets then he would probably average 25 but he instead he plays his game & doesn’t get rattled. If you somehow get him out of the game you got a good shot at beating Smyrna cuz they don’t have another true point guard like him.

Reactions: jvm3 and 84rider
The slam dunk Tech wasn’t the issue the reaction was the issue. I personally thought it wasn’t a Tech due to player safety. I was going to go into more depth but it’s pointless. He’s a good player with a free education on the way. I wish the young man nothing but success.

Reactions: theWILL2WIN
Shaft Clark played on one leg, didn’t elevate at all
@84rider Come on now let’s not exaggerate here...Shaft Clark was healthy all first half when he came out hot & definitely when he rose up & tried to bring the house down coming down the middle of the lane. I was sitting right there when he tweaked his ankle right in front of us & that was like mid 4th quarter. He did spend some time on the bench but that was because of foul trouble. Smyrna stepped up the defense on him in the second half trapping him & he had a bunch of turnovers once that happened. Garnett also played him a lot more physical on the offensive end getting a lot of putback opportunities. Clark likes the play on the wing a lot while Garnett was basically playing bully ball on the block in the second half. So no he did not play on one leg but tweaked his ankle in the 4th quarter.

maybe hater was too strong. My point was your statement about 2 techs in 3 games equals a hot head was misleading / fake news . I would agree with @jvm3. I haven’t seen this out of Matthews. I saw the slam dunk one, definitley not a hot head tech. Can’t speak to the other one. Not sure 1 tech labels you as a hot head

W/ Matthews I think the issue is other teams gameplan to play him physical & talk trash to him to try to get in his head cuz they believe he is an easy target, so then when he does get going he likes to dish it back. I have no problem w/ that cuz I have repeatedly seen kids cheap shot & curse the kid out on the court so hey...LoL That is as long as it does not hurt the team so to speak.

Prime example down at Tech the guards were playing him physical & a foul was called then the kid literally looked him in the face & said “Man I ain’t touch this punk ass white boy.”...LoL. If they gonna come at him like that then I want him to stand up for himself as long as it doesn’t effect his game & outcome of the game. As kids it’s hard to let some of that stuff go by & if you have ever competed in any sport then you should know how that works.

Clark hurt his ankle weeks ago, that’s why he didn’t play against Tatnall and he is still on the mend.

Clark hurt his ankle weeks ago, that’s why he didn’t play against Tatnall and he is still on the mend.

Well I couldn’t tell the way he played early in the game & I have seen him plenty of times. He looked 100% in the first half & his game was the same as it was when I seen him play against Dover & Appo earlier this year...came out stroking from deep elevating on his jumpshot & trying to dunk everything around the rim. He is an All State player in my opinion especially if CR continues winning.

@J12, you are usually solid but if you were at the game last night and didn’t notice the very significant limp which blows my mind, you must of been watching a different game from me smh

@J12, you are usually solid but if you were at the game last night and didn’t notice the very significant limp which blows my mind, you must of been watching a different game from me smh

Listen...You ask anybody if they seen a limp from that kid before that 4th quarter spill that he had I’m sure they’ll tell you no UNLESS they are CR person on the inside. Did this so-called limp effect him in the opening quarter where he was taking over the game? Or especially on the play when it looked like he rose up to near the middle of the square for the dunk that missed?
http://www.delawareonline.com/pictu...myrna-defeats-cr-77-71-in-overtime/109112004/

In pic 16 of 21 from the News Journal in the link above is a snapshot of the dunk attempt early on & that young boy looked fine on that elevation up near the middle of the box (I didn’t know how to just post the picture). If the kid is hurt then OK but I can only tell it like I see it so I just wanted to let others know that he didn’t seem effected until mid 4th quarter until when Smyrna was making their comeback & he hit the deck.

Last edited:
Hurt the ankle in the Appo game 12/20 and sat out against tatnall 12/28, played imo because it was Smyrna and doubt he suits up against Milford Friday imo, all good by the way that quick fade away from corner at the end of regulation that Matthews hit was sick, nothing but net

Last thought from the game, Robinson needs to work on his free throws, especially as hard as he goes to the hole and draws a lot of fouls, the kid can sky

Last thought from the game, Robinson needs to work on his free throws, especially as hard as he goes to the hole and draws a lot of fouls, the kid can sky

Robinson almost single-handedly kept CR ahead in the game in the second half on the offensive end. He just jumps right over the defenders & they have no chance at blocking his midrange jump shot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT