ADVERTISEMENT

Sussex Tech vs Cape

And let me guess, u think he’s the first player EVER in DE that has that type of a resume?
U need to stop. If he’s what ur selling u don’t need to do or say anything. His game will speak thru others, not daddy.
And by the way, since u want to throw resumes around, what’s yours? Where and what did u play?? And it better not have been an instrument at band camp. This is a sports forum......lol

Yes, I’m one of those Dads that videos and coaches from the stands.
But before coaching from the stands, I coached my sons in CYM (who’s teams went undefeated), AAU with Delaware’s Finest Stars/ 6th Man Warriors, who’s teams have placed 3rd at Nationals in Hampton VA with a teams who played up), coached Middle School Boys and Girls basketball teams before I became a dad coaching from the stands. So, before you think I don’t know Basketball, think again. So when I say Eden Davis is better than you think, it’s straight facts bro. Davis even played on Team Final (fully sponsored by Nike) this summer with the two bigs from Sanford (Nannah and Devin Harris) and he also led that squad in scoring, assists, steals, etc. as well. (And being that Dad, I have those videos too). What you guys look at mainly when judging your talent is size. You often underestimate the smaller guys like Davis, Bloodsworth, and the boy from Tech when their stats speak for themselves. And every player on your top 5 has top players along side them. The one person that does not is Eden Davis. And he’s doing it as a 5’10” sophomore.

Reactions: jvm3
If you keep complaining he dont have help... Look at Bones. .. No help either but he still putting uupgteat numbers.. Davis not the only one with no help... But i understand. .. Its your son... Smh

Reactions: basketball24/7
Yes, I’m one of those Dads that videos and coaches from the stands.
But before coaching from the stands, I coached my sons in CYM (who’s teams went undefeated), AAU with Delaware’s Finest Stars/ 6th Man Warriors, who’s teams have placed 3rd at Nationals in Hampton VA with a teams who played up), coached Middle School Boys and Girls basketball teams before I became a dad coaching from the stands. So, before you think I don’t know Basketball, think again. So when I say Eden Davis is better than you think, it’s straight facts bro. Davis even played on Team Final (fully sponsored by Nike) this summer with the two bigs from Sanford (Nannah and Devin Harris) and he also led that squad in scoring, assists, steals, etc. as well. (And being that Dad, I have those videos too). What you guys look at mainly when judging your talent is size. You often underestimate the smaller guys like Davis, Bloodsworth, and the boy from Tech when their stats speak for themselves. And every player on your top 5 has top players along side them. The one person that does not is Eden Davis. And he’s doing it as a 5’10” sophomore.
Not taking anything from your basketball cred, but if I’m correct he’s a sophmore so his aau years really matter this summer and you as a parent has to get him ready to be a natural pg thats what recruits looking for a guy with high iq,run the team ,handle adversity ,and good teammate they don’t care how much he score because the will have high volume players around him

@Hoopsdownstate2 @SwagDog
I’m not complaining by saying he has no help. You misunderstand. It is an angle for which to judge by. I’m saying to you, before you assess who is NOT in the top 5, look at all of the factors: points, assists, steals, IQ, do they make other players better on the court, age, improvements from the year before, etc.
Someone mentioned to look at Bones, and I say to you “exactly.” I happen to think Bones (who is a Senior/Junior?)is one of the top five in the state-, because he has to do it by himself.
@SwagDog, you’re completely wrong. As a Dad, you have to sell your son, you have to video and make highlight videos in this day and era. Especially if your son is 5’10”. A lot of college coaches/scouts do not even attend high school games anymore. And if coaches/scouts do, they’re only attending bc they have already seen some footage of you. Most of these coaches are attending “Live” sessions at those qualified AAU tournaments where you're competing against the best players from all over. So nowadays, you have to submit highlight videos to these schools, get invited to these “invite only” competitions where the college coaches lineup to see you play.
So you’re wrong about letting games speak for themselves and not selling your players. Games can only speak for themselves when scouts have seen what your players can do via highlight films doc. Where have you been man? The world has changed. If you’ve attended these Under Armour, Adidas, Nike, Hoop Group, Colleges Invie-Only competitions, you would know this bro. So if you know that your sons are quality ballers that can go to the next level for free, (speaking of free quality college) then it’s our job as parents to do our part. We cannot hope the high school coaching staff will shop your son around. I believe in many schools in Delaware, that doesn’t exist. These players are not being found- by colleges- through High Schools, but through AAU LIVE EVENTS, and INVITE ONLY events.

Last edited:
Reactions: Can_you_feel_me
Remember to under sell and over deliver.....how do you think the other guys on your sons TEAM feel after reading your posts. Not all publicity is good. Look your son is a sophomore and a damn good one at that. Like I said earlier, take care of the books and continue to get your son working on his game, especially his left hand and he’ll be fine....free college is the objective and unfortunately that’s about it.....just saying

Not taking anything from your basketball cred, but if I’m correct he’s a sophmore so his aau years really matter this summer and you as a parent has to get him ready to be a natural pg thats what recruits looking for a guy with high iq,run the team ,handle adversity ,and good teammate they don’t care how much he score because the will have high volume players around him

@Legendary_Coach, this is what I’ve been trying to convey. If you’ve watched any of his games, or even one of his games, you would see that his IQ level is phenomenal. His court vision, his ability to make plays, his ability to make players around him better, his ability to control the tempo of the game is what you call a true point guard. And he’s done it for two years straight at the varsity level. And on top of all of that, his scoring average is at the top as well. And he’s only a sophomore. How does Davis, who made the All-Henlopen Conference last year (as a Freshman) not move up in the ladder or worse moves down by some view points, when his game has been at an elite level? Yet you would put others -who are not putting up the same level of stats -higher than him?

Remember to under sell and over deliver.....how do you think the other guys on your sons TEAM feel after reading your posts. Not all publicity is good. Look your son is a sophomore and a damn good one at that. Like I said earlier, take care of the books and continue to get your son working on his game, especially his left hand and he’ll be fine....free college is the objective and unfortunately that’s about it.....just saying

Once again, You’re right! It’s about FREE QUALITY COLLEGE! That’s not an unfortunate thing at all. I believe when kids have the right perspective they excel. And because it’s about college, we make sure he is an honor roll student in honors classes. So yes, the books are covered. I can care less about anything else except not giving him the credit he deserves. Other players on his team already plays with him and knows that he’s a great and unselfish teammate. And I in NO way am putting any of those players down. I’m saying based on this “forum’s” view of top players (in other words what all of you are saying are the top players in DE), he doesn’t have no one on your list.

@Legendary_Coach, this is what I’ve been trying to convey. If you’ve watched any of his games, or even one of his games, you would see that his IQ level is phenomenal. His court vision, his ability to make plays, his ability to make players around him better, his ability to control the tempo of the game is what you call a true point guard. And he’s done it for two years straight at the varsity level. And on top of all of that, his scoring average is at the top as well. And he’s only a sophomore. How does Davis, who made the All-Henlopen Conference last year (as a Freshman) not move up in the ladder or worse moves down by some view points, when his game has been at an elite level? Yet you would put others -who are not putting up the same level of stats -higher than him?
I totally understand were you coming from and trust me I’ve been there but the thing is this try not to let yourself get caught up in the rankings it’s an opinion he might not get his proper due here by one scout , but again it’s just an opinion and go to an invite only and another scout might consider him high value so my suggestion too you is take care of what you can control which is keeping him in the gym and keeping his skill level sharp

Whew, some of these parents are embarrassing.

@GateKeeperRefugee
Embarrassing to whom sir? You? To my children? The way I lead my life speaks for itself. To say some parents are embarrassing is borderline insulting.

I thought the purpose of this basketball forum was to express your positive opinions concerning the athletes in Delaware. I didn’t know it was a forum to bash fathers who are their children’s biggest fan as they should be. I thought this platform was positive and full of educated people who could have quality conversations.
This will be my last post. I didn’t mean to offend anyone by my positive views.

No offense taken at all, I commend you for supporting your son 100%. We need more fathers like you who are active and involved in their sons life’s. While I respect your opinions and efforts to get your son noticed. I think what posters are saying is, we had another father mr basketball44 who stood on a soapbox and preached about his son for years, it was excessive. Like many of us said, your son is damn good and most of us recognize that. Let your son play his time is coming. Game will recognize game

This guy is terrible. The thread is Sussex Tech v Cape. I’m not invested in either team but respect that someone chose to discuss the topic.

Do you not understand that? Start a thread about your son and keep your noise there.

Reactions: basketball24/7
If your son’s team/coach isn’t having the games recorded at every game with access to each player you are at the wrong school.
And enjoy your son’s journey, it’s “his” journey, not yours. Whether you know it or not, you are making this about yourself and that is wack.
Just my thoughts.........

@Hoopsdownstate2 @SwagDog
I’m not complaining by saying he has no help. You misunderstand. It is an angle for which to judge by. I’m saying to you, before you assess who is NOT in the top 5, look at all of the factors: points, assists, steals, IQ, do they make other players better on the court, age, improvements from the year before, etc.
Someone mentioned to look at Bones, and I say to you “exactly.” I happen to think Bones (who is a Senior/Junior?)is one of the top five in the state-, because he has to do it by himself.
@SwagDog, you’re completely wrong. As a Dad, you have to sell your son, you have to video and make highlight videos in this day and era. Especially if your son is 5’10”. A lot of college coaches/scouts do not even attend high school games anymore. And if coaches/scouts do, they’re only attending bc they have already seen some footage of you. Most of these coaches are attending “Live” sessions at those qualified AAU tournaments where you're competing against the best players from all over. So nowadays, you have to submit highlight videos to these schools, get invited to these “invite only” competitions where the college coaches lineup to see you play.
So you’re wrong about letting games speak for themselves and not selling your players. Games can only speak for themselves when scouts have seen what your players can do via highlight films doc. Where have you been man? The world has changed. If you’ve attended these Under Armour, Adidas, Nike, Hoop Group, Colleges Invie-Only competitions, you would know this bro. So if you know that your sons are quality ballers that can go to the next level for free, (speaking of free quality college) then it’s our job as parents to do our part. We cannot hope the high school coaching staff will shop your son around. I believe in many schools in Delaware, that doesn’t exist. These players are not being found- by colleges- through High Schools, but through AAU LIVE EVENTS, and INVITE ONLY events.

This was Sussex Tech vs Cape thread. .. How in the hell we keep talking about the same kid and Dover team.. Smh.. Davis can play.. Dover aint wining nothing... That's enough... Smh...

Reactions: sals2011
Sad thing is I know this guy and I know Eden's mom very well...he's been doing this type of thing for years...I've known of Eden for a while...his dad actually posted a video on YouTube of Eden saying something about Dwayne Wade son as clickbait. This is who he is...Eden is a good player...I know guys that run HoopGroup recruiting tournaments and showcases...Trust me he can attend those whenever! Its no need to state he has nobody on his team then say oh I'm not talking bad about anyone. Your job is to video your son and get that to decision makers at colleges...not to be on here bc in reality this gets your son 0 progress in the desired direction. You think he's that good send him over that bridge where Cape's Corey Barnes is now. That's a D1 conference!

Reactions: jvm3
Sad thing is I know this guy and I know Eden's mom very well...he's been doing this type of thing for years...I've known of Eden for a while...his dad actually posted a video on YouTube of Eden saying something about Dwayne Wade son as clickbait. This is who he is...Eden is a good player...I know guys that run HoopGroup recruiting tournaments and showcases...Trust me he can attend those whenever! Its no need to state he has nobody on his team then say oh I'm not talking bad about anyone. Your job is to video your son and get that to decision makers at colleges...not to be on here bc in reality this gets your son 0 progress in the desired direction. You think he's that good send him over that bridge where Cape's Corey Barnes is now. That's a D1 conference!
Preach...lol

What school is Barnes at? That's the freshman kid from last year, right?

I believe that Barnes (freshman point guard at Cape last year) is at Archbishop Carroll over in DC playing against top notch competition like Gonzaga, DeMatha, Paul VI on a nightly basis. They are loaded with talent in that conference so he is surely playing against D1 players weekly. I’m not sure what kind of minutes or how he is doing though.

I believe that Barnes (freshman point guard at Cape last year) is at Archbishop Carroll over in DC playing against top notch competition like Gonzaga, DeMatha, Paul VI on a nightly basis. They are loaded with talent in that conference so he is surely playing against D1 players weekly. I’m not sure what kind of minutes or how he is doing though.
He starts..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT