ADVERTISEMENT

Ursuline vs Sanford discussion.

Yeah, both teams have superior talent and coaching. I read the News Journal and saw that Olivia Tucker is out for Sanford, but they kept it close for a while, which leads me to think if she was healthy, it would've been a closer game, maybe even a Sanford win. They still have enough to make the final four, even if she doesn't play again this year.

Yeah, both teams have superior talent and coaching. I read the News Journal and saw that Olivia Tucker is out for Sanford, but they kept it close for a while, which leads me to think if she was healthy, it would've been a closer game, maybe even a Sanford win. They still have enough to make the final four, even if she doesn't play again this year.
Absolutely and their two freshman played well. Also Kryshell Gordy doesn't get enough credit, She is one of Ursulines unsung heroes who came out of middle school as a guard and was transformed into a post player. I see her a lot during AAU season and I couldn't understand how she was being used in Ursulines system. But after talking with her parents I learned that her roll is to rebound and play defense, and she accepts it.

Sanford already had a small bench so I hope this doesn't effect them that much and gives someone else the opportunity to step up. But if I where other teams I would collapse down on their big's Sam, Allie and Kendra and let LP beat me from the outside. Without Olivia's three point threat I would try to make them one dimensional. I know it's easy said then done! And with that, I too still think they still make the final four and more likely the championship game.

Last edited:
Sanford already had a small bench so I hope this doesn't effect them that much and gives someone the opportunity to step up. But if I where other teams I would collapse down on their big's Sam, Allie and Kenda and let LP beat me from the outside. Without Olivia's three point treat I would try to make them one dimensional. I know it's easy said then done! And with that I too still think they make the final four, if not the championship game.
But who besides Mason,Gordy and Wulah can actually clamp down on them? And after lastnite game I checked the box score and Kendra has a nice 3ball that will only get better under Marcus's system, So I don't see any team beating them for the next two three years with the exception of Ursuline and Ursuline loses Gordy whom I personally think is under appreciated and Brown this season. This rivalry will be on the COACHES!

My unpopular opinion is that I think Kendra Warren has the most potential out of anybody on that team. Pollich/Kubek are good post players, Lauren Park runs the show pretty well and we all know about Olivia's talent, but Kendra can post up, has great footwork and as BP said, her outside shot is impressive. Either way, everyone else should get use to playing for third place for a while, because Sanford and Ursuline are head and shoulders above everyone else.

I too was at the game last night. And honestly I thought the game would have been a run away for Ursuline. I was really impressed with the play of Sanford. I give those girls a lot of credit for the way they play and how this game finished. I to believe had Olivia played this game would have been a higher scoring game. I know marcus wanted to limit the amount possession that Ursuline had in order to keep the game close and not allow the fact that there bench is weak this year to have this game run away from them. And i know in the past I thought st. Elizabeth was the team I thought that had a real chance to beat Ursuline with their balance and there bench play to keep the girls fresh that would be able to compete with them. But Sanford showed me a lot. If Oliva was there I think the game could have been different. First quarter they came out like gang busters exposing the first thing that people couldn’t crack was there lack of inside presence on defense. Kay wulah gave them a big spark off the bench literally playing on one leg this whole season with a torn acl. Second quarter there up by 3 or 4 and sat on the ball was smart but also a risk. Third quarter Ursuline pressed their way to a lead that Sanford could not recover because I think that the starting 5 was too tired to make comeback of that magnitude which I believed finished the game out. I really think marcus could starting the fouling scenario when they hit the 2 minute mark in order to make one last effort to cut into that lead. And if olivia is truly out for the season then they will need more offense from the other guard tucker. But all in all I was very impressed with these two very young teams. The next two years you should see these two and maybe conrad in the mix for the chips because of how young they and the experience there already gaining..

Conrad will definitely be in the mix. Really depends on if that group of Fayville/The Sisters Kulesza/Whittlesey can grow and stay together because that's definitely a big four to be reckoned with.

I too was at the game last night. And honestly I thought the game would have been a run away for Ursuline. I was really impressed with the play of Sanford. I give those girls a lot of credit for the way they play and how this game finished. I to believe had Olivia played this game would have been a higher scoring game. I know marcus wanted to limit the amount possession that Ursuline had in order to keep the game close and not allow the fact that there bench is weak this year to have this game run away from them. And i know in the past I thought st. Elizabeth was the team I thought that had a real chance to beat Ursuline with their balance and there bench play to keep the girls fresh that would be able to compete with them. But Sanford showed me a lot. If Oliva was there I think the game could have been different. First quarter they came out like gang busters exposing the first thing that people couldn’t crack was there lack of inside presence on defense. Kay wulah gave them a big spark off the bench literally playing on one leg this whole season with a torn acl. Second quarter there up by 3 or 4 and sat on the ball was smart but also a risk. Third quarter Ursuline pressed their way to a lead that Sanford could not recover because I think that the starting 5 was too tired to make comeback of that magnitude which I believed finished the game out. I really think marcus could starting the fouling scenario when they hit the 2 minute mark in order to make one last effort to cut into that lead. And if olivia is truly out for the season then they will need more offense from the other guard tucker. But all in all I was very impressed with these two very young teams. The next two years you should see these two and maybe conrad in the mix for the chips because of how young they and the experience there already gaining..
Welcome back brother! Keep it coming.

Absolutely and their two freshman played well. Also Kryshell Gordy doesn't get enough credit, She is one of Ursulines unsung heroes who came out of middle school as a guard and was transformed into a post player. I see her a lot during AAU season and I couldn't understand how she was being used in Ursulines system. But after talking with her parents I learned that her roll is to rebound and play defense, and she accepts it.

then that alone makes her invaluable. not a lot of kids these days want to accept a role that doesn't involve scoring & headlines

And with that, I too still think they still make the final four and more likely the championship game.
The projections I have seen place Ursuline and Sanford on the same side of the bracket, which is a crying shame. Sanford's strength of schedule is just not enough to get them into the 2nd or 3rd seed. If that happens, it will be the first time since 2010, when Sanford was the 2 and Ursuline the 6. It was so long ago, Adrianna Hahn was not yet playing for the Raiders.

Without Tucker, it's a really tough road for Sanford. That's a lot of games in a short period of time with basically no bench. But those starters are so talented. I see a trophy or two in their future.

It really is a shame that UA and Sanford have to play in the semi's if they both win to that point. But StE and Caravel I believe luck out in this situation. Not the first time this has happened.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT