ADVERTISEMENT

Week 2

FRIDAY

• Seaford at First State Military Academy, 4 p.m.
  • Red Lion at St. Andrew's, 4 p.m.
  • Perkiomen (Pa.) at Tower Hill, 6:30 p.m.(GAME CANCELLED FFT )
  • Delcastle at Appoquinimink, 7 p.m.
  • Mt. Pleasant at Dickinson, 7 p.m.
  • Woodbridge at Dover, 7 p.m.
  • Smyrna at Franklin (Md.), 7 p.m.
  • Tatnall at Lake Forest, 7 p.m.
  • Glasgow at McKean, 7 p.m.
  • Concord at Newark, 7 p.m.
  • Indian River at Polytech, 7 p.m.
  • Caravel at St. Mark's, 7 p.m.
  • Cape Henlopen at Suitland (Md.), 7 p.m.
  • Queen Anne's (Md.) at Sussex Central, 7 p.m.
  • St. Mary's (Md.) at Delmar, 7:30 p.m.
  • St. Elizabeth at Laurel, 7:30 p.m.
  • William Penn at Middletown, 7:30 p.m.
  • Sussex Tech at Salesianum, 7:30 p.m.

SATURDAY

• Hodgson at Howard, 10:30 a.m.
  • AI duPont at Charter, 11 a.m.
  • Conrad at Archmere, noon
  • Brandywine at Christiana, noon
  • Caesar Rodney at St. Georges
  • Sidwell Friends at Wilmington Friends, 2 p.m.
  • Milford at DMA, 7 p.m.

Last edited:
FRIDAY

• Seaford at First State Military Academy, 4 p.m.
  • Red Lion at St. Andrew's, 4 p.m.
  • Perkiomen (Pa.) at Tower Hill, 6:30 p.m.(GAME CANCELLED FFT )
  • Delcastle at Appoquinimink, 7 p.m.
  • Mt. Pleasant at Dickinson, 7 p.m.
  • Woodbridge at Dover, 7 p.m.
  • Smyrna at Franklin (Md.), 7 p.m.
  • Tatnall at Lake Forest, 7 p.m.
  • Glasgow at McKean, 7 p.m.
  • Concord at Newark, 7 p.m.
  • Indian River at Polytech, 7 p.m.
  • Caravel at St. Mark's, 7 p.m.
  • Cape Henlopen at Suitland (Md.), 7 p.m.
  • Queen Anne's (Md.) at Sussex Central, 7 p.m.
  • St. Mary's (Md.) at Delmar, 7:30 p.m.
  • St. Elizabeth at Laurel, 7:30 p.m.
  • William Penn at Middletown, 7:30 p.m.
  • Sussex Tech at Salesianum, 7:30 p.m.

SATURDAY

• Hodgson at Howard, 10:30 a.m.
  • AI duPont at Charter, 11 a.m.
  • Conrad at Archmere, noon
  • Brandywine at Christiana, noon
  • Caesar Rodney at St. Georges
  • Sidwell Friends at Wilmington Friends, 2 p.m.
  • Milford at DMA, 7 p.m.

like all the games, give me two changes:
St E's over Laurel
St. Georges over C.R

See how that works out lol

Reactions: ravensrooster2
If Florence doesn't hit us, here are the Gate's Swinging Picks for week 2

FSMA 20, Seaford 6
Red Lion 6, St. Andrew's 0
Appo 28, Delcastle 6
Mt. Pleasant 12, Dickinson 6
Woodbridge 28, Dover 20
Lake Forest 18, Tatnall 0
Glasgow 20, McKean 12
Newark 16, Concord 10
St. Mark's 20, Caravel 17
Suitland MD (WHAT UP PG COUNTY) 30, Cape 0
Sussex Central 21, Queen Anne's 14
Delmar 35, St. Mary's 21
St. E 21, Laurel 13
Middletown 42, Penn 20
Sallies 28, Sussex Tech 13
Hodgson 16, Howard 14
AI 44, Charter 10
Archmere 26, Conrad 6
Brandywine 16, Christiana 12
CR 20, St. Georges 6
Wilmington Friends 20, Sidwell Friends 14 (Friends...how many of us have them?)
DMA 35, Milford 13

FSMA 20, Seaford 6
Appo 28, Delcastle 6
Woodbridge 28, Dover 20
Glasgow 20, McKean 12
Newark 16, Concord 10
Delmar 35, St. Mary's 21
St. E 21, Laurel 13
Middletown 42, Penn 20
Hodgson 16, Howard 14
AI 44, Charter 10
Archmere 26, Conrad 6
CR 20, St. Georges 6
DMA 35, Milford 13
No way Penn puts 20 on Middletown

I almost want to concur with 84. Watching Penn against smyrna in their scrimmage I'm surprised they even scored on MERVO. Smyrna scored mainly because of that earthquake formation. because Mtown still didn't know how to defend it. It just wasn't as successful because Whaley doesn't have the break away speed that Knight did. So their drives were 6-8 mins long barring any turnovers. With out the earthquake, the Cavs held Smyrna in check. Penn will struggle. I think they will score, but not until the 2nd half. So maybe 7-12 points.

Reactions: 8484ron
I

FSMA 20, Seaford 6
Appo 28, Delcastle 6
Woodbridge 28, Dover 20
Glasgow 20, McKean 12
Newark 16, Concord 10
Delmar 35, St. Mary's 21
St. E 21, Laurel 13
Middletown 42, Penn 20
Hodgson 16, Howard 14
AI 44, Charter 10
Archmere 26, Conrad 6
CR 20, St. Georges 6
DMA 35, Milford 13
I can't see Hodgson and Howard being that close. Hodgson by atleast 18.

FSMA 20, Seaford 6
Appo 28, Delcastle 6
Woodbridge 28, Dover 20
Glasgow 20, McKean 12
Newark 16, Concord 10
Delmar 35, St. Mary's 21
St. E 21, Laurel 13
Middletown 42, Penn 20
Hodgson 16, Howard 14
AI 44, Charter 10
Archmere 26, Conrad 6
CR 20, St. Georges 6
DMA 35, Milford 13
Give me Concrd, Dover, and St. George’s

Can the green Sals' club handle Sussex Tech's quickness, intensity and athleticism? I don't think so...

Woodbridge Dover game might turn into a track meet , give me Peace and Dover in a race.

It is difficult to say how good the Sals are... The last game was a walkover...
I was impressed by the Sals' sideline to sideline defense and lateral quickness on defense.

Their offensive line is so young that some of those kids just got potty trained.

Sussex Tech is a solid team. This will not be a walkover.

Rumor has it that Sals alums are getting a discount at Kreston Liquors. Is that true?

Reactions: 84rider
I think Dover will finally show the difference between downstate D1 and D2 vs Woodbridge.

It is difficult to say how good the Sals are... The last game was a walkover...
I was impressed by the Sals' sideline to sideline defense and lateral quickness on defense.

Their offensive line is so young that some of those kids just got potty trained.

Sussex Tech is a solid team. This will not be a walkover.

Rumor has it that Sals alums are getting a discount at Kreston Liquors. Is that true?

If Tech QB plays (#7) they will win, he is their best all around athlete but got hurt Milford game. Without him.... it’s hard to tell

I think Dover will finally show the difference between downstate D1 and D2 vs Woodbridge.

And this will be Woodbridge’s toughest game but they will win in a shootout! This Woodbridge team is foreal lol

I almost want to concur with 84. Watching Penn against smyrna in their scrimmage I'm surprised they even scored on MERVO.
They didn’t on offense. The score was a pick 6. Offense was awful. 30 rushes for 53 yards. 2-12 for 31 yards passing.

Oh well then, I take my prediction of 7-12 points off the table then and say penn won't score on Middletown and will mark the 2nd time in a year that the Cavs blank the Colonials

I want to add that I think, right now, with only a week one sample size, that Delmar and Woodbridge is a top 5 team in the state of Delaware. D1/D2 combined. So therefore how Dover does against Woodbridge will be their test in my opinion. For years we all have said Dover has the skill:talent, and numbers to be a top team but they can never put it all together. What worries me with both Delmar and Woodbridge is IF they had to go up against a spread offense that can score at will, will they be able to keep up, or slow down said offense because Dover looks like they can score at will. We already know Delmar and Woodbridge has the horses to put up numbers on offense. I would be highly intrigued of a A.i vs. Delmar/Woodbridge match up.

I want to add that I think, right now, with only a week one sample size, that Delmar and Woodbridge is a top 5 team in the state of Delaware. D1/D2 combined. So therefore how Dover does against Woodbridge will be their test in my opinion. For years we all have said Dover has the skill:talent, and numbers to be a top team but they can never put it all together. What worries me with both Delmar and Woodbridge is IF they had to go up against a spread offense that can score at will, will they be able to keep up, or slow down said offense because Dover looks like they can score at will. We already know Delmar and Woodbridge has the horses to put up numbers on offense. I would be highly intrigued of a A.i vs. Delmar/Woodbridge match up.
Your probably right. Seeing that after Middletown, Smyrna, Hodgson, and Sallie's it drops off big time.

40-50 on Delmar and or Woodbridge???? I wouldn't say that. At least not until I see how The Dover/Woodbridge game goes. I'd say any of those 4 are no more than Two touchdown favorites

Southguy.....I do remember. However I think this years A.i. Team is much improved from last years team. Not that Delmar can't improve as well. I just see that game going differently right now. A.i. Has certainly closen the gap between them.

40-50 on Delmar and or Woodbridge???? I wouldn't say that. At least not until I see how The Dover/Woodbridge game goes. I'd say any of those 4 are no more than Two touchdown favorites
Middletown put 41 on Smyrna and it could have been 55-58. They will put 40+ on every team except for Hodgson and Sallie's. Any D2 team gets a running clock.

No chance they beat sallies without him and very little chance they beat them with him

Why the denial? Sals folks have to realize that sometimes the Sals play teams that are bigger, stronger, quicker, more athletic and more intense. I put Sussex Tech in this category.

Sorry clones.

Middletown put 41 on Smyrna and it could have been 55-58. They will put 40+ on every team except for Hodgson and Sallie's. Any D2 team gets a running clock.

I might agree with you here. Sallies and Middletown is ALWAYS a tough game. No matter who's ranked where or who is playing. Both teams know each other so well it's an ultimate chess match. Hodgsons defense was solid all last year and despite losing some talent up front, they are more than capable of slowing down any team. I think their biggest test will be DMA until they meet with Middletown.

Why the denial? Sals folks have to realize that sometimes the Sals play teams that are bigger, stronger, quicker, more athletic and more intense. I put Sussex Tech in this category.

Sorry clones.
Uncle Bum up you are talking crazy. Sals always the most disciplined and truly does have more talent than tech. Overmatches them by a lot at every skill position with Kane hurt.

Sorry but whatever your point is has no clout on the gridiron when the game plan is in high gear.

Strictly from a talent perspective in no particular order
Middletown Smyrna Delmar Woodbridge Dover
Those teams have the most overall talent in Delaware. Splitting hairs here.

Coaching and gameplan will be what separates them. Injuries also of course would play a role. A running clock would Be hard to see unless the gap in coaching is so wide. I cannot speak on that.

Strictly from a talent perspective in no particular order
Middletown Smyrna Delmar Woodbridge Dover
Those teams have the most overall talent in Delaware. Splitting hairs here.

Coaching and gameplan will be what separates them. Injuries also of course would play a role. A running clock would Be hard to see unless the gap in coaching is so wide. I cannot speak on that.
Sorry bud .But Middletown's passing and running game is the best in the state by a lot. Not a little. A lot. On top of that there line is bigger and stronger this year than it's in several years. They probably are the most technically sound group in the state. Extremely well coached up front. Come watch a game and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Reactions: Lazertron
Sorry bud .But Middletown's passing and running game is the best in the state by a lot. Not a little. A lot. On top of that there line is bigger and stronger this year than it's in several years. They probably are the most technically sound group in the state. Extremely well coached up front. Come watch a game and you'll see what I'm talking about.
That’s a bold statement after just 1 game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT