ADVERTISEMENT

Week 2

Even I'm a bit skeptical. I love Smith as a RB1. But he's gotta show me more before he surpasses Peace, Alleyne. I will go off and say as a whole I think Middletown has the best offense in the state, or at least offensive balance. The line is bigger since they have had probably the top line back in 2012. But it can improve. Fry was pressured more than I wanted last weekend.

I am not gettin folks thinking St Georges will win more games. They were 4-6 last year in D1 and lost to a D2 team at that. Lost their HC and already lost to a D2 team this year.. what gives?

Sorry bud .But Middletown's passing and running game is the best in the state by a lot. Not a little. A lot. On top of that there line is bigger and stronger this year than it's in several years. They probably are the most technically sound group in the state. Extremely well coached up front. Come watch a game and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Watched every snap of 6 of your players including one of your 2020 linemen

Have seen your 2022 back up QB in person Davis

Seen your scrimmage against st Frances coaches tape

Will be at your game vs IMG I’m intrigued how well fry plays against them.

I understand how talented your team is

However I think your underestimating the talent on the other teams mentioned. I believe certainly Middletown would win all those games. But It would be a epic failure for those coaches if a running clock Came into play. All those teams have multiple D1 players on them. Rare for Delaware.

Reactions: 8484ron
848 act like you've won before ... just saying
Let's say I've seen a lot in my day. I was a D1 O-lineman many years ago. I've seen a lot of high school football in multiple states. I recognize the real deal when i see it. Trust me I call it like it is not how I hope it to be.

Reactions: SenatorPride
Let's say I've seen a lot in my day. I was a D1 O-lineman many years ago. I've seen a lot of high school football in multiple states. I recognize the real deal when i see it. Trust me I call it like it is not how I hope it to be.

Ok good for you. Maybe your just coming off wrong To me it seems like you are a super fan or a over zealous parent with the hyperbole and absolutes. No biggie carry on

Reactions: 8484ron
Ok good for you. Maybe your just coming off wrong To me it seems like you are a super fan or a over zealous parent with the hyperbole and absolutes. No biggie carry on
I'm definitely a big fan. No doubt. I really believe that there is some other great players of equal talent in the state. The difference is the mental edge and preparation that Middletown has. It's hard to explain without witnessing it and understanding their commitment to the little things that make the difference. I'm sorry to come off so strong on everything. Not my intention.

Again no big deal 848. Just keep in mind other folks feel their teams posses those same qualities so they make take offense to your emphatic remarks which to them assumes they don’t and only your team does just saying of course. Not to me I say screw em if they can’t take the heat lbeat us then. lol but of course folks in Delaware are hung up on this whole having class thing not sure what that really means as it pertains to football but none the less Mtowne has never had class anyway so your all good

Again no big deal 848. Just keep in mind other folks feel their teams posses those same qualities so they make take offense to your emphatic remarks which to them assumes they don’t and only your team does just saying of course. Not to me I say screw em if they can’t take the heat lbeat us then. lol but of course folks in Delaware are hung up on this whole having class thing not sure what that really means as it pertains to football but none the less Mtowne has never had class anyway so your all good
No problem. I gotcha.

Same here, I agree most people on here don't realize what D1 looks like or real quality football. So many times Delaware kids get pump up on this board and they have no shot at D1. In any given year even the best teams will have only one or two players that are D1 material and with in that the whole state will produce one or two P5 type players.

I just wish more games including ours were decided in the 4th quarter instead of the first half. It would be a lot of fun to see that again like the old days.

Well it was worse.at least in my short time here. At least the rise of Smyrna added one more team to the mix but yes we are missing another Flight A team Newark Penn and of course the fall of St Marks hurt. Dover could put another Hen North team in the mix. Will have to see. HVT was a pleasant surprise in D1 as well I don’t think it’s a Mtowne walk at all. The other teams have the talent but the coaching is in question Then there is Sals not sure what to make of them this year being young and all but that is not always a bad thing. As I have said before Sals tends to start older guys regardless of talent. It very well could be these young guys really should have started for Sals last year and are better than them. I think Smyrna isn’t in it this year but nor do I think Mtowne has it licked. Dover,Sals, or HVT could challenge them. Blumm is still a second year HC so I don’t think it’s a done deal for the Cavs at at all. They may win it but they won’t walk through

Last edited:
Well it was worse. Well at least in my short time here. At least the rise of Smyrna added one more team to the mix but yes we are missing another Flught A team Newark Penn and of course the fall of St Marks hurt. Dover could pull another Hen North team in the mix. Will have to see. HVT was a pleasant surprise in D1 as well I don’t think it’s a Mtowne walk at all. The other teams have the talent but the coaching is in question Then there is Sals not sure what to make of them this year being young and all but that is not always a bad thing. As I have said before Sals tends to start older guys regardless of talent. It very well could be these young guys really should have started for Sals last year and are better than them. I think Smyrna isn’t in it this year but nor do I think Mtowne has it licked. Dover,Sals, or HVT could challenge them. Blum is still a second year HC so I don’t think it’s a done deal for the Cavs at at all. They may win it but they won’t walk through
You have several valid points. The teams you mentioned will be a handful no matter what.

FRIDAY

• Seaford at First State Military Academy, 4 p.m. yep
  • Red Lion at St. Andrew's, 4 p.m. nope
  • Perkiomen (Pa.) at Tower Hiyepll, 6:30 p.m.(GAME CANCELLED FFT ) yep
  • Delcastle at Appoquinimink, 7 p.m. yep
  • Mt. Pleasant at Dickinson, 7 p.m. yep
  • Woodbridge at Dover, 7 p.m. yep
  • Smyrna at Franklin (Md.), 7 p.m. yep
  • Tatnall at Lake Forest, 7 p.m. yep
  • Glasgow at McKean, 7 p.m. nope
  • Concord at Newark, 7 p.m.yepyep
  • Indian River at Polytech, 7 p.m.hell no
  • Caravel at St. Mark's, 7 p.m. umm no (homer pick)
  • Cape Henlopen at Suitlahell nond (Md.), 7 p.m. yep
  • Queen Anne's (Md.) at Sussex Central, 7 p.m.Yep
  • St. Mary's (Md.) at Delmar, 7:30 p.m. yep
  • St. Elizabeth at Laurel, 7:30 p.m.
  • William Penn at Middletown, 7:30 p.m. yep
  • Sussex Tech at Salesianum, 7:30 p.m. yep

41-7 so far but it is DE you can go 75 % just picking chalk Maybe i should make a spread and we can pick against that just for fun of course

Last edited:
Congrats Lions!

Simple as this...out coached..............again.

The Saints played hard the second half and I hope the saying that the biggest improvements are from week 1 to week 2 still stands.

Didn’t catch the game. How did Sussex Techs quickness, intensity and athleticism work out for them?

It worked out for them and anyone who saw the game to know if Kane played Sals lose. It also worked out to tell everyone Sals is not a contender this year

Last edited:
Didn’t catch the game. How did Sussex Techs quickness, intensity and athleticism work out for them?

It didn't. Salesianum should be proud of those large children. 7 sophs! Having said that, the clones are a .500 team tops. At this time, my sense is that they will lose to St. Marks but I shouldn't get ahead of myself. Father Judge will leave them in the dust.

The Sals Oline got no push against a Tech last night but they will mature. By next year they will be a contender.

It didn't. Salesianum should be proud of those large children. 7 sophs! Having said that, the clones are a .500 team tops. At this time, my sense is that they will lose to St. Marks but I shouldn't get ahead of myself. Father Judge will leave them in the dust.

The Sals Oline got no push against a Tech last night but they will mature. By next year they will be a contender.

From what I hear St Marks has a very good line just saying

Alleyne with his third touchdown of the night. DMA leads 30-0 with 7:18 left in the third quarter

wish I could watch #1 play 302 cmon man

prepfootballstars.........I may have missed it and i apologize if i did. What is your connection? Are you a freelance scout - do you run a service?

Not a chance st marks will even come close to competing with them.

Lol you talk about Sals like they are some powerhouse or something. I think St Marks can play with them this year. Sals will win but it won’t be a blow out. StMarks line is better than Sals this year. Lets see where that takes them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT