ADVERTISEMENT

Woodbridge HC?

DaDude01

Getting reps on JV
Oct 3, 2016
Who is going to end up with the HC @ Woodbridge? Anyone hear any rumors?

I heard that Rich Kotite was spotted at Jimmy’s Grille this past weekend.

Last edited:
I saw a posting for AD position at Woodbridge as well. I could see it happening. Marv must be trying to coach in every county of the state.

The whole staff except two people will remain.
the other Dooley’s are on the wrestling staff, which I’d assume they will all leave.

If Dooley didn't have success at St. Elizabeth's, what makes people think that he will be successful at Woodbridge? Not dissing Dooley, but I don't know anything about him.

If Dooley didn't have success at St. Elizabeth's, what makes people think that he will be successful at Woodbridge? Not dissing Dooley, but I don't know anything about him.

Others can tell you his history prior to returning William Penn to winning football​

At William Penn​

undefeated State Champ in 2014

2016-17​

Head Coach: Marvin Dooley
  • League: Blue Hen Flight - A
  • Division: Division I
  • Overall Record: 10-2
  • League Record: 7-1
  • State Rank: 5
  • State Division Rank: 4
  • DMA Rank: 49
  • National Rank: 1823

2015-16​

• Overall Record: 9-2
  • League Record: 8-0
  • State Division Rank: 3
  • DMA Rank: 25
  • National Rank: 1165
  • State Rank: 3

2014-15​

• Overall Record: 12-0
  • League Record: 8-0
  • State Rank: 1
  • State Division Rank: 1
  • DMA Rank: 7
  • National Rank: 241

2013-14​

• Overall Record: 7-4
  • League Record: 7-1
  • State Division Rank: 7
  • National Rank: 3788
  • State Rank: 10
  • DMA Rank: 90

Understood that won-loss records mean something. Sometimes the matching process is not good. Dooley was perfect for Penn. He is a down to earth, blue collar, earthy, 19720 guy. He really wasn’t a perfect fit at St. E’s. (I realize that is an oversimplification.)

He will be a much better fit for Woodbridge. The community will take to his self deprecating style. Love the fit here.

Not claiming this will be an instant success but he is the right guy.

Will be easier for him to pull talent from surrounding area. I know he did this at Penn and tried at StE as he had a few transfer ins during his time there.
what happens to the players he brought in? Do they leave or stay for Lemon?

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Will be easier for him to pull talent from surrounding area. I know he did this at Penn and tried at StE as he had a few transfer ins during his time there.
what happens to the players he brought in? Do they leave or stay for Lemon?

That and he certainly would have had a hard time getting any ballers to come to and stay at St E's being in the 1A classification.

Recently announced. Wonder what his staff looks like? Does he coach wrestling as well?

Seems like a major upgrade for him. StE had been on a downward slope since Hemphill left.

Marvin had mixed results at St. E's. Will there be people happy to see him go. Sure. Ain't that the way it always is.

Yes, there are fairly high levels of expectations at Woodbridge. I still believe that Marvin is a great fit for Woodbridge....right out of central casting. Let's let it play out.

My comment was about folks displeasure with his performance as AD. He was fine as a football coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT