ADVERTISEMENT

Word on the street

1zsf9u.jpg

Young man was with Auks for all of preseason until today when school started....damn.

Quick question? Can you be with a team all offseason but change on the first day of school? When is the cutoff?

The young man is definitely not on Archmere’s roster any more. Not on Sallies yet (which I didn’t expect). Hopefully it’s a good move for the kid and he has as much success as he was projected to have this season and the rest of his high school career.

The Sals keep loading up for a championship. Shhh you keep telling everyone who is being recruited for higher academic success.

Unsure if poaching is correct term. Unsure of the student. A perspective student visited your school and a few others as a 7th and 8th grader, then goes to another quality school. He and his family are unsure if they made the correct decision and decide to leave after 1 year and a summer of intense reflection and analysis of their initial decision.

It happens a lot. We fixate on athletes here. No matter who the student is I hope he can contribute on special teams where the Sals have had a half decade trip to Palookaville.

Sallies has provided more all state players to other schools by far.

Provided? Hows that? I know privates lose kids every year because they can't keep up academically or due to finances but not sure provided makes sense.

When a kid goes to Sallies, it is a difference compared to the elementary schools they came from. No girls, harder studies, more discipline. Most stay , some don't. Much was made by three freshman players supposedly recruited for basketball a few years back. None of them stayed beyond sophomore year. All went on to excel at other schools. You can argue over semantics all day long but Sallies is no St. Joe's or Malvern Prep.

Unsure if dovetail's assertion can be readily spelled out. I do remember in the 1980's when 2 lineman (Testa and O'Hara) in back to back years transferred from Salesianum to Newark and then made first team all state....and their transfers were between their JR and SR years. Then there was the youngest of the Jarome Bros. left the Sals and made first team all state at Brandywine in the late 1980's or early 1990's.

Upon reflection....dove is probably correct....

I know Caravel lost two great wrestlers Nick Novarnik to St Georges and Harry Latch to Sallies both of whom went on to become individual state champions

Right you are BB. Did those guys leave Caravel after 8th grade or after they started HS? I remember the hubbub in the late 80's early 90's when MacAdoo Harrison Dixon transferred from Wilmington High to Caravel. The kid ended up being an all state QB for the Bucs.

Right you are BB. Did those guys leave Caravel after 8th grade or after they started HS? I remember the hubbub in the late 80's early 90's when MacAdoo Harrison Dixon transferred from Wilmington High to Caravel. The kid ended up being an all state QB for the Bucs.
The more I hear about it is that the young man has the talent to play D1 college ball. Sounds like a business decision athletically. Fair point on the term poaching. Now if it were Caravel....

Reactions: BackinBlack86

Nik was in 9th Harry 8th but Harry wrestled on Varsity as a 8th.. both left for different reasons.. I don't really care DE has school choice and kids should go where they want and as long as they are in good academic standing and legally enrolled in the school they should be able to participate in all after school activities including sports. .. I rooted for both of them at states..

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
The more I hear about it is that the young man has the talent to play D1 college ball. Sounds like a business decision athletically. Fair point on the term poaching. Now if it were Caravel....

zappa, I really don't know. Your saying that it sounds like a business decision is interesting. The young man is a student athlete. I am sure that academic fit, comfort with the culture as well as athletic development played a role in his parents' decision. Then again I have no clue. I guess I don't know what you mean by "sounds like a business decision athletically."

zappa, I really don't know. Your saying that it sounds like a business decision is interesting. The young man is a student athlete. I am sure that academic fit, comfort with the culture as well as athletic development played a role in his parents' decision. Then again I have no clue. I guess I don't know what you mean by "sounds like a business decision athletically."

He would have a far better opportunity as far as exposure and chances to get a D1 scholarship offer at Sallies . That's pretty much a given and not really debatable

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
He would have a far better opportunity as far as exposure and chances to get a D1 scholarship offer at Sallies . That's pretty much a given and not really debatable
BB, Thanks for the clarification. Now, I understand what Zappa meant. Hey, maybe you could get a job as a translator at the U.N.

lol.. I can't speak Chinese or Spanish for that matter..Arabic forget it.. Hillbilly or Redneck I got that covered :p oh and Jive. I can speak Jive

Reactions: youjustme

That's a blast from the past, one of the first "names" my young mind remembers. He played a couple of years at West Virginia, then finished up at DSU. Had a son that played at Wilmington Charter, if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Had an interesting moment when coaching Pencader Charter when he told Brad Myers one of his kids threw for like 700 yards in a game.

If I remember correctly, Myers ended up with a tape provided by the opposing coach and watched every play to disprove it.

If I remember correctly, Myers ended up with a tape provided by the opposing coach and watched every play to disprove it.

I knew I remembered this. It was the week before they played Caravel and everyone was talking about it. Pencader came in all cocky Not for long CA put a 57-0 whoopin on PC and QB threw for no yards..That was my sons sophomore year

Myers story is still out there

https://usatodayhss.com/2012/myers-inflating-a-players-stats-is-never-the-right-call

Reactions: Huskerman7
Reactions: BackinBlack86
How will Kwoko fit into Sal's scheme? Is good enough to plug right into their defense/offense?

Archmere now out of playoff contention or is d2 so open that it doesn't matter?

A kid with talent will fit no matter what. After seeing that video maybe Kwoka will be a Troy Reeder like tailback his JR and SR years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT