ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Coaches

breakem

Good all around Player
Dec 8, 2003
Hands down, in my book atleast, wrestling coaches are the most dedicated, hardest working, lowest paid educators (yes they are educators who not only teach wrestling but also life!). Wrestling coaches make TREMENDOUS SACRIFICES FOR THEIR ATHELETES and for the sport. They SACRIFICE hours upon hours of family time to help other's children. Wrestling coaches basically give up every weekend from November through February, they miss the big 2 holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas) because you can't travel on these holidays and coach, they come to school early to help kids with weight and technique, they stay late for the same reasons, they often run tournaments for fundraiser for the kids and if not organize other fundraisers, they act as travel agents for the team, they use their own money to purchase equipment, food, and whatever their team needs, they are constantly keeping track of wrestlers and much of this is takes place on nights and weekends, they teach how to win and lose, they teach how to overcome your inner deamons and shortcomings, they teach perseverance, harwork, and determination, and most importantly they are mentors and role models for the wrestlers. And....this is just the "regular season." It all contniues during the off season with open mats, Team Delaware, tournaments, offf season work outs, etc.
I have the highest regard for all who take on this responsibility. Thank you to every coach in the state for your sacrifice and for working to turn our kids into adults and warriors. I am forever indebted to what the coaches at IR have done and continue to do for my son.
Coaches,
As a former wrestler, former coach, parent of a wrestler, and a HUGE wrestling fan, I respect and appreciate all you do for our wrestlers!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT