ADVERTISEMENT

Wuest at the Beast

it's good and bad Delaware's two best wrestlers ( by far) are in the same weight class!!

Your right, because they both r more than capable of being state champs. So if neither moves up or down a weight. It will be the 1st time in a long time we get to see a national caliber match here in DE with instate wrestlers. Best since McDonald and Garmett

"by far" is that comment really necessary? Jones did finish 8th. Who's to say the best wrestlers in this tournament were in that weight class. They are great wrestlers, no doubt, but being an adult we should try to congratulate without shaming the other KIDS! By the way, not all Delaware kids are in this tournament.

it's good and bad Delaware's two best wrestlers ( by far) are in the same weight class!!
Wow, you are "by far" out of line with your comment. Delaware sent dozens of kids to the Beast, and some seeded, and un-seeded wrestlers made it to day 2. What does this mean? It means that their path was difficult, and subsequently made their matches difficult early on. Don't be part of the problem Spartakos. Tony and Joe are phenomenal wrestlers, but there are others. Until then, try and help propel Delaware wrestling instead of treating it like a 2 team state.

Congratulations to Miller, Wuest, and Jones for a fantastic journey at the Beast. It was great seeing Delaware kids competing (with some of the best) for a place on the podium - especially at a top-notch and very prestigious tournament like this one!! Also a BIG shoutout to those who went and left everything they had on the mat but maybe came a little short of placing. Like "eighthplace" said, there were plenty of kids that were unranked and did an amazing job considering their placement in the brackets. And there were some ranked kids who just missed placing. All in all it was a great show. Congratulations!!

shaming other kids?
are you kidding me?
that's how I see those two, that's all
not all Delaware wrestlers wrestle year round, go out of state and visit many wrestling rooms, devote 100% to one sport..

maybe every kid at the Beast should get a participation trophy !
"Hey , look at me, I wrestled at the Beast " the trophy can say!!
how can you "seed" a kid who wrestles 25-30 matches a year in one state? you can't!

Reactions: 84rider and 2old4bs
The "by far" comment was assine. Take a look at the number of ranked kids in those lower brackets. Spartakos stick to comic relief and post funny pictures.

shaming other kids?
are you kidding me?
that's how I see those two, that's all
not all Delaware wrestlers wrestle year round, go out of state and visit many wrestling rooms, devote 100% to one sport..

maybe every kid at the Beast should get a participation trophy !
"Hey , look at me, I wrestled at the Beast " the trophy can say!!
how can you "seed" a kid who wrestles 25-30 matches a year in one state? you can't!
Hmm?, you are....well.....mostly correct. Most kids don't "wrestle year around, go out of state and visit many wrestling rooms, devote 100% to one sport". But kids, OTHER than Joe and Tony DO! They don't want a participation trophy....They would rather silence as opposed to your version of what success is. Remember, these are kids. As a note: Tony, Joe, & Jay Juan- My sincerest congrats to you and your continued success. You fought hard and came out above most. You should be proud of what you accomplished, and build upon this- not only on the mat- but in life. Kudos to you, and ALL of the other wrestlers that put it all on the line.

Reactions: Dahammer23
The "by far" comment was assine. Take a look at the number of ranked kids in those lower brackets. Spartakos stick to comic relief and post funny pictures.
True. The lower brackets were stacked. And FYI, many of the DE wrestlers who competed this weekend DO wrestle year round- in state as well as MD, PA, & VA. Much respect to all of them. Several fell just short of placing.

I know who wrestles year round..
I know who travels..
85% of Delaware kids who attended the Beast wouldn't have gone there if it was held 25 miles away in Pa, Nj or Md!! they are lucky the DWA puts the time in and pulls the resources together to have this event in Delaware!
Delaware has , on average 1,050 boy and girl high school wrestlers..
Pennsylvania , on average 10,585
New Jersey 11,455
Maryland 5,565
it's easy to know the "elite" wrestlers in our state!!
and for the record , two other "elite" wrestlers didn't compete this weekend who have wrestled many out of state kids!!

I know who wrestles year round..
I know who travels..
85% of Delaware kids who attended the Beast wouldn't have gone there if it was held 25 miles away in Pa, Nj or Md!! they are lucky the DWA puts the time in and pulls the resources together to have this event in Delaware!
Delaware has , on average 1,050 boy and girl high school wrestlers..
Pennsylvania , on average 10,585
New Jersey 11,455
Maryland 5,565
it's easy to know the "elite" wrestlers in our state!!
and for the record , two other "elite" wrestlers didn't compete this weekend who have wrestled many out of state kids!!
So again: when the ratio is 10:1, 11:1, or 5:1, why not support the unit as a whole? It's like any thing else- if you start by making a part of it better, the rest will follow ( just look at the News Journal article on Sunday). Your comment was was fine until the point where you said "by far". While I am assuming that your numbers are correct, I do find it hard to believe that "85%" of wrestlers wouldn't travel there. According to Google Maps, Cape Henlopen is 90 miles away from Sanford; yet all the kids seem to find their way to the State Championships every year. Do the math.

@eighth..
you missed my point..
it's a Team event!
of the 12 or 13 Delaware teams that attended the Beast, why do you think only 2-3 took their entire lineup?
75% wouldn't of been invited is it was out of state!
unless your son wrestles year round , he won't see this kind of level of wrestling!!
by saying Tony and Joe are by far above the average, I meant that!!
DEAL with it...

@eighth..
you missed my point..
it's a Team event!
of the 12 or 13 Delaware teams that attended the Beast, why do you think only 2-3 took their entire lineup?
75% wouldn't of been invited is it was out of state!
unless your son wrestles year round , he won't see this kind of level of wrestling!!
by saying Tony and Joe are by far above the average, I meant that!!
DEAL with it...
What? This whole coversation is predicated on you talking about two individuals as opposed to the state as a whole. Now you say it's a "Team Event". Ok, then we agree. Cape went out of state, along with CR and Dover on what were referred to as "invitationals", and kicked ass. You are back pedaling like crazy, and you need to be more careful when you spout off. Get your facts straight. Deal with THAT. ;)

Reactions: Dahammer23
What? This whole coversation is predicated on you talking about two individuals as opposed to the state as a whole. Now you say it's a "Team Event". Ok, then we agree. Cape went out of state, along with CR and Dover on what were referred to as "invitationals", and kicked ass. You are back pedaling like crazy, and you need to be more careful when you spout off. Get your facts straight. Deal with THAT. ;)

They kicked ass because all the good teams went to the Beast.

Reactions: soccer07
your funny!!
typical wrestling mom
Teams took their kids to the Beast!
and most Delaware teams didn't take their full line up..why?
it's not for everyone!!
that's why

Reactions: myrealname
Now you say they are "far above average". Earlier they were "by far" the best? Which means they are "by far" better than Hayes and "by far" better than Chase, and "by far" better than Brooks. Its idiotic, because success at the Beast requires you to get the right guy at the right time. Hitting a hammer in round 1 or 2 changes your tournament.

hey tackle douche bag,
how about elite?
It that alright for you?
They are F**king ELITE!
I didn't put anyone down , just said they are by far above the rest!

Elite is fine. If you don't think there is a difference between what you said and calling them elite, then you are the cartoon character I figured you were. For the record, they are far above some, not "far above the rest".

Reactions: TrueBlue16
This whole thread is silly. This is one person's opinion. If he thinks these two are the best by far, he is entitled to it. He never said anything about another kid or put anybody down. Enough of the politically correct nonsense. Would anybody have been upset 30 years when Sheldon was by far the best wrestler in Delaware, or 12 years ago when Al Meade was, 8 years ago when Telford was. Somebody is going to win OW. Is that putting down everybody that wrestled? I usually don't agree but let him have his opinion.

Dude, let me be clear. I didnt call you out for putting kids down. That was another poster. I called you out for being dumb. There are several kids in Delaware that are on Miller and Weust's level, and that's a good thing.

@spartakos mommy and daddy's don't always get it. I've seen who wrestles year round and it isn't a whole lot of kids. Why do you think
Smyrna and CR stopped going to ironman in Ohio? Because as good as they are, most of the kids aren't in that level. No knock on them but that's where elite teams go. In my opinion which is woRth what you're paying, Smyrna, salesianum, central, CR, Middletown, Sanford, Milford, Cape all should be sending at least patial teams there rather than worrying about gathering medals and team trophies at local tournaments. That's what gets these kids better and recognized. I would rather my kid get two or three quality national level
Matches in Ohio than being home a gold medal from s local tourney.

@tackle dope
tell me who ur kid is and I will praise him/her..
For Tony to beat a #2 seed from Blair is unbelievable! shows what he does in the off season is the right thing..
Smyrna has 3 "elite" wrestlers on their squad, but I won't name names cause douche bags like you can't understand the commitment that goes into the grind of training!!
and I'm not talking about going to Team Delaware or The Howell clinic.. I'm talking about finding rooms where who's who of wrestling are and trying to survive

@tackle dope
tell me who ur kid is and I will praise him/her..
For Tony to beat a #2 seed from Blair is unbelievable! shows what he does in the off season is the right thing..
Smyrna has 3 "elite" wrestlers on their squad, but I won't name names cause douche bags like you can't understand the commitment that goes into the grind of training!!
and I'm not talking about going to Team Delaware or The Howell clinic.. I'm talking about finding rooms where who's who of wrestling are and trying to survive

I'm in those rooms a lot. They're tough. Most kids cant survive. And those kids parents come on here and cry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT