ADVERTISEMENT

Scores FNL Semi's

WTF,, Barkers obviously still injured.. stands like a statue.. no feet and cant move.. should have just stuck with Nelson.. No offense to Barker he just isnt ready

Barker in now.. seems to be rushing his decisions need to look and go through his progressions

Barker completely locking in on the single rec opposite of the the trips.. missed a ton of open guys tonight

Play Action pass TD WB ball game.. congrats WB.. 21-3 WB.. Very Good team and well coached. Cut all the penalties out in second haf. I eat my crow

Reactions: Double 07
The radio feed for this game is whacked. I think Woodbridge just scored, but they cut to a commercial before confirming.

I attended the Woodbridge/Caravel game tonight and had to sit on CA side because WB side was packed and let me tell you out of all the high school games I've attended in 15 years I have never seen so many rude, disrespectful, crybabies in my life!! Cried over every single flag threw against CA and of all things complaining every play that the Refs were spotting the ball a yard short every play. Worst fans I've ever witnessed!!! Imagine what these refs were going through after seeing one of their own go down and apparently passed away. These refs could have easily postponed the game so they deserve the upmost respect for continuing the game after that!! RIP to the ref that lost his life and Thank you for your service!

Congratulations Woodbridge Blue Raiders on your first ever appearance in the State Championship Game!!!

I attended the Woodbridge/Caravel game tonight and had to sit on CA side because WB side was packed and let me tell you out of all the high school games I've attended in 15 years I have never seen so many rude, disrespectful, crybabies in my life!! Cried over every single flag threw against CA and of all things complaining every play that the Refs were spotting the ball a yard short every play. Worst fans I've ever witnessed!!! Imagine what these refs were going through after seeing one of their own go down and apparently passed away. These refs could have easily postponed the game so they deserve the upmost respect for continuing the game after that!! RIP to the ref that lost his life and Thank you for your service!
I couldn"t agree more!!

I stand by my statement of caravel having the ability to squeak into the playoffs and make some noise. Wasnt as much noise as I expected but still was impressed. Wish they woulda won today so I could see them play in the chip but hats off the woodbridge.

I was wrong about barker coming back at full health though but he tried and I hope he does well in his future football career.

I couldn"t agree more!!
I've been to many, many games in just about every high school sport in Delaware. The worst-behaved "fans" I have seen are in lacrosse. Usually if I see a fan behaving particularly badly I'll ask why they don't become an official and get every call correct, and no parent will ever have to yell again. Plus, they can make some good money for a few hours work.

On a serious note, the football officials could use an infusion of youth, guys and gals who could better keep up with the speed of the high school players.

Was enjoying the game too much to post in real time,but some final thoughts:

1) Prayers to the family of the fallen official. Hopefully they find some solace in knowing he died doing what he must have enjoyed. Medical aid was to him very quickly, it appeared he was well cared for. Hats off to the officiating crew for toughing it out to finish the game, it had to be incredibly hard.

2)Caravel was better than I expected. Should have stuck with the healthy QB though. Strong defense and kicker has a heck of a leg. While I appreciate hard nosed football, this is one of the dirtiest teams our kids have played all year based on player accounts (they weren't crying about it, just commenting).

3)This year's Raiders are a special group of dedicated, hard working young men who deserve every great thing that has, and will, happen. Success couldn't happen to a more deserving group.

4)Gotta go into Saturday focused and ready to play as neither St G or Friends is going to hand off the trophy.

5)Great to hear RR give these boys their due. Credit to him for it.

Reactions: Jawnsky
Yes they did I was sitting in the vicinity!! Bunch of crybabies!!
Toward the end of the game there was one woman that started yelling at the refs, the coaching staff, the players. the people I was sitting with and around were fine. A few bad apples, etc. Most CA fans are fine.

ADVERTISEMENT