ADVERTISEMENT

Scores FNL Semi's

Woodbridge has won the State Championship I believe, around 2001
Woodbridge qualified for the playoffs for the first time in the programs history in 1999. That's probably what you recall.

Woodbridge playoff history:

1999 SF lost to Middletown 35 - 13
2000 SF lost to Delmar 33 - 0
2013 QF beat Tower Hill 28 - 21
2013 SF lost St. Georges 37 - 21
2015 QF beat Delaware Military Academy 12 - 7
2015 SF lost to St. Georges 33 - 14
2016 QF beat Howard 48 - 12
2016 SF beat Caravel 21 - 6
2016 F ?

Some recent history between Woodbridge and St. Georges, would make for an interesting final if the Hawks get past Friends.

I had to edit, I forgot this years results.

Last edited:
You think. Look at what goes on the rest of the time. Yes it's not just football, all sports, the every one wins thing, give everyone the first place trophy. People are getting out of control. I think they voted for Clinton. Crap I got off football. My Bad

I also for the first time felt a Dinardo coached team just mailed it in the 2nd half, they looked beat coming out for the 2nd half, showed nothing on offense, wasted the clock away when down by 2 scores, had to know he had to put it in the air early and often to win, but stubbornly kept to his script, this year he got the least from the most, he has it all there and just let's it get away.....

I also for the first time felt a Dinardo coached team just mailed it in the 2nd half, they looked beat coming out for the 2nd half, showed nothing on offense, wasted the clock away when down by 2 scores, had to know he had to put it in the air early and often to win, but stubbornly kept to his script, this year he got the least from the most, he has it all there and just let's it get away.....

You could literally see the fans and players for Sals deflate on that 2-minute drill for Middletown. When Jalen Whitehead caught that pass before the Johnston TD catch, it seemed like they were broken right then and there. And once those cowbells got going, it was a wrap. I think Middletown has a great chance against Smyrna if that's the match-up next Saturday.

Was enjoying the game too much to post in real time,but some final thoughts:

1) Prayers to the family of the fallen official. Hopefully they find some solace in knowing he died doing what he must have enjoyed. Medical aid was to him very quickly, it appeared he was well cared for. Hats off to the officiating crew for toughing it out to finish the game, it had to be incredibly hard.

2)Caravel was better than I expected. Should have stuck with the healthy QB though. Strong defense and kicker has a heck of a leg. While I appreciate hard nosed football, this is one of the dirtiest teams our kids have played all year based on player accounts (they weren't crying about it, just commenting).

3)This year's Raiders are a special group of dedicated, hard working young men who deserve every great thing that has, and will, happen. Success couldn't happen to a more deserving group.

4)Gotta go into Saturday focused and ready to play as neither St G or Friends is going to hand off the trophy.

5)Great to hear RR give these boys their due. Credit to him for it.

Agreed should have stuck with Nelson he led them downfield and they brought the other kid in on the 5?

WB has some great players but my favorite was the RB #8 kid runs HARD.

Toward the end of the game there was one woman that started yelling at the refs, the coaching staff, the players. the people I was sitting with and around were fine. A few bad apples, etc. Most CA fans are fine.

There are some in every fan base. Hell I was watching it online and all I could hear was the grandma for WB. She never shut up and was wrong 90% of the time.

All fan bases have their gems.

I'm not familiar with the Woodbridge program, but I am curious what those with better knowledge would attribute to their recent success. They have now qualified for postseason play three out of the last four years, after having only done it twice prior in their history. Is it a better feeder system, changing landscape (choice,etc.), staff, or just a fortunate run of talented players?
@Pork..
good work
Is this Little RR?

Nah! He's a mathematician...I'm more of an arts & crafts, cut & paste type of guy!

I'm not familiar with the Woodbridge program, but I am curious what those with better knowledge would attribute to their recent success. They have now qualified for postseason play three out of the last four years, after having only done it twice prior in their history. Is it a better feeder system, changing landscape (choice,etc.), staff, or just a fortunate run of talented players?

Nah! He's a mathematician...I'm more of an arts & crafts, cut & paste type of guy!
lol lil RR is into History and Politics.(hates Math). He reads here occasionally but to my knowledge doesnt have an account or post anything... He does post on the political forums though

Reactions: Porky Bacon

Think it's a combo of many things. This group of seniors is particularly driven and mature. Keeping more of our own kids in house vs losing them to Tech is huge. Of this year's sophomore class we didn't lose anyone especially valuable for example. Part of that is the excitement of the newly built high school and facilities, part of it is them seeing good things were happening on the field. Have had a solid Pop Warner program for quite awhile and added a middle school program awhile back. Booster program started a few years ago and has helped keep kids engaged. Time will tell if this is really the building of a "program" or just a good run. Either way, I'll take it and am thrilled for the kids.

Think it's a combo of many things. This group of seniors is particularly driven and mature. Keeping more of our own kids in house vs losing them to Tech is huge. Of this year's sophomore class we didn't lose anyone especially valuable for example. Part of that is the excitement of the newly built high school and facilities, part of it is them seeing good things were happening on the field. Have had a solid Pop Warner program for quite awhile and added a middle school program awhile back. Booster program started a few years ago and has helped keep kids engaged. Time will tell if this is really the building of a "program" or just a good run. Either way, I'll take it and am thrilled for the kids.
All sounds like good things for WB ...and makes total sense

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply! Sounds to me like Woodbridge is a program on the rise. Keeping your own kids at home is key, and success breeds success. Enjoy the moment, unless your from a handful of programs, title runs don't come often, and titles even less. I've been there....it's a special time in a programs history. Good Luck!

A Porky Bacon title run
That looks a little like Porky.....
potbellied-pigs-pork-chop-left-and-bacon-tour-the-craft-area-in-a-picture-id160990661

.....but he was just along for the ride, Ha,ha!

Reactions: spartakos

Overheard from the Sals sideline...
BDN to Offensive Coordinator: "What are we looking at?"
OC: 3rd and 15
BDN: "Looks like a running down"
OC: "Signal it in"

Last edited:
Good question RR. Kani Kane was a WB kid so I'm sure there's some relation.
Jamon Kane is tough. Nice to have the combo of him and senior #2 Riddick (the smaller, quicker one-tweaked ankle slowed him Fri night). While there is likely some relation in there, they aren't the same branch of Kane's. The freshman Ricky Kane at Tech this year is Kani's brother. Bet he wishes he had stayed and was playing for a ring right now...

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Jamon Kane is tough. Nice to have the combo of him and senior #2 Riddick (the smaller, quicker one-tweaked ankle slowed him Fri night). While there is likely some relation in there, they aren't the same branch of Kane's. The freshman Ricky Kane at Tech this year is Kani's brother. Bet he wishes he had stayed and was playing for a ring right now...
It must be tough down there with stigma of D1 and D2 in this state so I am sure its a tough sell to stay D2 at WB or go D1 at Tech

Last edited:

Woodbridge has always had great talent many great players over the years. Most of which still live and work within the community. They're able to see and speak with these kids on a daily bases. Combined that with 1. Keeping our talent home 2. Keeping them out of trouble 3. Add that with a coaching staff that allows the kids to be themselves and guide them. Really allow these student athletes to be comfortable and play to their abilities. There's been a winning culture embedded into the program. These kids refuse to loose and they're reminded of the days where Woodbridge was considered as talented but a push over. With that being said GO DA BRIDGE! We BLEED BLUE!

Woodbridge has always had great talent many great players over the years. Most of which still live and work within the community. They're able to see and speak with these kids on a daily bases. Combined that with 1. Keeping our talent home 2. Keeping them out of trouble 3. Add that with a coaching staff that allows the kids to be themselves and guide them. Really allow these student athletes to be comfortable and play to their abilities. There's been a winning culture embedded into the program. These kids refuse to loose and they're reminded of the days where Woodbridge was considered as talented but a push over. With that being said GO DA BRIDGE! We BLEED BLUE!

Reactions: Porky Bacon
Yes I agree when I go down south and stop at the McDonald’s and royal farms in bridgville I see these guys working and staying in the community. Stand up thing you are doing. Kids leave get out go to tech or drive norh to DMA so you can actually be recruted on the level you deserve.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT