ADVERTISEMENT

2020 covid schedule and team info

yeah and looks like Blue Hen is staying all in house A and B so Salls is really hanging out there. Lucky for them the Helopen teams have some heart.. based on what all I heard from last nights meeting which was nothing from any Sals contingent.. No one really seemed very concerned about Sals in this this or any Indy or Non Conference private for that matter... but they wanted their autobids..lol

It has nothing to do about the Blue Hen not having any heart both A & B have 8 teams meaning 7 conference games. If there were 8 games then some things would have been easier to work out and Sallies would have a larger pool of teams to reach out too. Sallies is in the same boat as Notre Dame and they saw it coming so they joined the ACC in football. Sallies if they want to remaining independent this what you have to deal with but ultimately it is really not that difficult especially if Poly is playing in the South. Sallies should be playing the the other North Teams.

As for the playoffs it isn't rocket science follow the existing format lower the wins bonus points to like 5/6, Charter and Poly need to be worth Division 2 points. If they did that everyone in Division 1 would be good. No division 2 will have an advantage in points because they will not be playing a D1 opponent. If Sallies ran the table they are in with 1 lost they still have a great shot to make it. Diamond has no automatic bid. You just have to be ready for a bunch of tie breakers.

2020 Henny North Schedule (sans Poly) = 6 Conference + Sallies
2020 Henny South Schedule (avec Poly) = 5 Conference + Poly + 1
Diamond = 5 Conference + 2
Everyone else make it work.

Hen North has 8 teams as well..Milford playing South teams as well as a non conf D2.. IMO Delcastle should be doing the same as Milf and Poly by playing D2 teams and open up some games for Sal also,,, Milf, Delcastle nor Poly and Charter while we are at it should count as D1.. so... IMO this year D1 and D2 points should be the same .. no advantage anywhere really.. saying Sals should join a conference like ND doesn't work because there are no conferences Sals can join.. BH nor Henlopen can accept privates. DS probably wouldn't let them join same for SPL.. just saying for at least this season everyone should have worked together instead of closing ranks in their conferences.. Not sure what the hub up is about making tournament with only 4 teams and yeah ok you win a trophy but let's be honest any championship this year comes with an * focus should be just making sure "all" the kids get a full 7 game season at the least.JMHO

Last edited:
just saying for at least this season everyone should have worked together instead of closing ranks in their conferences.

Exactly right. The completely easy way out for BHC was to say eff Sallies, let them figure it out for themselves.

As for the point system and auto bids, I didn't hear too much of the meeting, but I saw a group of men who have been using that system forever, and there was no thought to even entertaining any other way.

I wasn't saying Sallies should join a conference said that is the result of not being in a conference. You take the good with the bad. Understand it would nice for all but if you are doing that you are screwing other teams. Henny North does have 8 but Poly pulled out like Charter because of safety issues. It's very easy to say kick a team like Delcastle but those kids deserve and want to play just as much as Sallies kids and they are not saying safety of their kids is a concern so they deserving get to play their conference counterparts. I don't know why Milford is playing a mixed schedule hopefully they are a little better than last year but they did beat a 6-4 Dover team.

The best thing to do would possibly be all teams are worth same points. Sallies unfortunately is just at a bad spot but like a said the solution is really easy; play the 7 Henny North teams you have all 16 D1 teams covered and all conferences games are evenly set so noone can say they played them but they didn't. There may be a D2 team or 2 with 5 or 6 games. A couple of them wouldn't mind that.

As far as championships some may say * others may not but the biggest thing which is the case for all HS athletics the opportunity to play for one. Any person that does knows it is a special thing. There is usually 3-5 teams legitimately jockeying for the championship each year whether it's 7 or 10 games those same teams will be there this season. We shouldn't minimize a kids season because we don't get the matchups we want. The matchup or mismatch is what gets a team there anyway. Kids want to play their games but even more so they want to opportunity of winning it all.

Hen North found a way to to horor their contracted games with Sals and I just believe Flight A could have done the same and Delcastle could still face some conference foes but also schedule a Tower Hill, Friends, Charter or Seaford etc.. games they could actually not get running clocked. Maybe not just Delcastle but another Flight A team be willing to take some D2 games also again like Milf and Poly did.. Poly is still in Henlopen Conference this year the move out of conference would take place next year. If it still takes place..

Sals had 5 contracted games with Flight A.. certainly it could have worked out with at least 3 of them. DC, Mt P and Concord schedule D2's each year anyway. The thing getting in the way is BH diggin in on keeping autobid and crowning a conf champ. IMO

These games were contracted with Sals you mean DC, Mt P or Concord wouldn't be willing to replace some of these with a D2 opponent..

Middletown
HVT
Penn
Appo
St G

How about his for an idea.. Keep the autobids but that is your conferences entry to the tournament no more.. haha Actually works good for D2 not D1

But whatever I have no dog in the fight Delcastle can just go 0-7 and get running clocked every game but damn they had the chance to play for a conference..

Well we still have to see on Monday who all actually has enough players to field a team. I have heard there are parent who won't allow their kids to play over Covid Concerns, Transportation or just in principle of no in class learning then should be no sports.. There are plenty of these

Reactions: VoiceofReason247
some movement.. @Ikeyfbst2 you coming up week 1?

Caravel Academy Varsity Football 2020/2021
#​
Date​
Day​
TimeOpponentH/ALocationCommentsW/LScore
1​

10/23/20​
Fri​
7:00pm​
Milford HS
H​
Caravel Academy
2​

10/30/20​
Fri​
Wilm Friends School
H​
Caravel Academy
3​
11/6/20​
Fri​
7:30pm​
Red Lion CA
A​
Red Lion CA
4​

11/13/20​
Fri​
Laurel HS
H​
Caravel Academy
5​

11/20/20​
Fri​
Cape Henlopen HS
A​
Cape Henlopen HS
6​
12/4/20​
Fri​
Woodbridge HS
H​
Caravel Academy

Friends gettin it together

Wilm Friends School Varsity Football 2020/2021
#​
Date​
Day​
TimeOpponentH/ALocationCommentsW/LScore
1​
10/24/20​
Sat​
2:30pm​
H​
Wilm Friends SchoolWFS HOMECOMING
2​

10/30/20​
Fri​
Caravel Academy
A​
Caravel Academy
3​
11/6/20​
Fri​
St. Mark's HS
A​
St. Marks HS
4​
11/14/20​
Sat​
2:00pm​
Tower Hill School
H​
Wilm Friends School
5​

11/21/20​
Sat​
H​
Wilm Friends School
6​

11/28/20​
Sat​
2:00pm​
Seaford HS
H​
Wilm Friends School
7​

12/4/20​
Fri​
Tower Hill School
A​
Tower Hill School
If I want to get paid I better be there. This is a game I have wanted to see for quite some time, hope it is a good one.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
I guess they will have to go OOS. I can see both sides. As an individual I would want to play them but it doesn’t make sense to play them and miss out on playoffs. Other posts have pointed out Dover and St. G’s as an example playing Sallies last year and not making the playoffs. Although Sallies today is not the Sallies of the past. It may be time to look at auto bids and the point system.

The point system sucks ass.

Reactions: Titanium Shadow
Cape just had a student test positive. Probably airing on the side of caution.

I can’t take all this the BHC should have done this or that to accommodate Sallies. Here is the real deal...
1. BHC pays conference dues and is part of a conference. There are conference by laws that need to be followed for any opponents to drop a conference one.
2. Delcastle was asked if they wanted to play a lesser schedule and drop HVT, Mtown, and SG. They responded no!
3. To simply assume that if BHC decided to play one less game in conference that everyone would be picking up Sallies. I know for a fact that M-Town would play Smyrna in the harvest bowl and HVT would play Howard. This will be the first year that HVT and Howard haven’t played since 1991.
4. To say the Henlopen honored their commitments to Sallies or made their schedules based around them is asinine.
5. The Henlopen had an extra open date because Poly wanted to leave the conference a year before they were supposed to. Milford wasn’t happy about it because their enrollment is less the Poly and said if Poly gets to go down we do too. Hence the split schedule between the North and South with Milford and Poly.
6. Auto bids are still in play by the tournament committee! Not the BHC or Henlopen.
7. Dover is only playing Sallies because Lake Forest backed out to pick up St Marks
8. Speaking of St Marks, why isn’t Sallies longest standing rival playing them?
Agree/disagree like/dislike but everything tha

I can’t take all this the BHC should have done this or that to accommodate Sallies. Here is the real deal...
1. BHC pays conference dues and is part of a conference. There are conference by laws that need to be followed for any opponents to drop a conference one.
2. Delcastle was asked if they wanted to play a lesser schedule and drop HVT, Mtown, and SG. They responded no!
3. To simply assume that if BHC decided to play one less game in conference that everyone would be picking up Sallies. I know for a fact that M-Town would play Smyrna in the harvest bowl and HVT would play Howard. This will be the first year that HVT and Howard haven’t played since 1991.
4. To say the Henlopen honored their commitments to Sallies or made their schedules based around them is asinine.
5. The Henlopen had an extra open date because Poly wanted to leave the conference a year before they were supposed to. Milford wasn’t happy about it because their enrollment is less the Poly and said if Poly gets to go down we do too. Hence the split schedule between the North and South with Milford and Poly.
6. Auto bids are still in play by the tournament committee! Not the BHC or Henlopen.
7. Dover is only playing Sallies because Lake Forest backed out to pick up St Marks
8. Speaking of St Marks, why isn’t Sallies longest standing rival playing them?
Agree/disagree like/dislike but everything tha

All this? Um it was just me.. relax man just one guys opinion a guy that doesn't even have a say in this or a dog in the fight posting on a forum hardly anyone posts on anymore..It's not that serious Clark.. but you made some good points thanks..

I believe that teamblitz77 has the facts. This wasn‘t a conspiracy.

Having said that, the last time Delcastle won a BHA football game was 2014. Based on that fact alone, possibly leaders could have steered this in another direction. The Delcastle competitive football Issue goes way beyond special COVID scheduling for the Fall of ‘20. So this isn’t about the Big S, but it has a negative affect on their program.

We have to let this play out a little more. One thing we do know is that 5 BHA teams scheduled the Big S for the regular season. Those ADs have no issue with the Big S. Therefore, it isn’t a conspiracy.

Bib has proffered some possible alternatives with PCL & MIAA alternatives.

BTW, with potential COVID spread, there still might not be a football season. If there is, it may end up being even shorter than currently planned.

Bummy is off this topic for a while.

True Bum... If DC or the other teams were offered to play down some games and declined then there's nothing more to say on that. I didn't think it was a conspiracy vs Sals just more of an indifference. I still think it could have been worked out but for whatever reason DC or MtP etc,, did not want play out of conference . Is what it is. Hey I even understand it to a degree at least in the sense that they have a set schedule and don't have to look for teams to play or go through the process of finding games etc.. It does appear I have struck a nerve though and I could debate some of those 8 points.but what's the point. #letthemplay

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
2020 gave delcastle the chance to slide down gracefully. I wonder how much the new coach wanting to tackle the D1 schools entered into the equation. As a fan I would much more enjoy a Hvt or Mt playing sallies game But at this point it is what it is and let’s just hope the season goes on to completion

All of these points sound legit. It doesn’t really matter how it ended up this way but Sallies has 3 games. I understand about conferences. But right is right and wrong is wrong. Everyone else has a completed schedule or close to one. I just feel awful for all the players especially the seniors that they are going to play 3 games. At the end of the day, we are talking about kids playing football and most of them will not play again after this year.
The kids are getting screwed. I don’t care what anybody says the people involved can solve this if they really wanted it solved.
As of now, the DIAA and DPH have not given Sallies permission to play OOS. I just think DIAA has to step in and make it equitable for all players/teams.
I usually grab a Sallies game or two a year, More so because of the opponent. Remember, if you take off the uniform and helmet, they are just 14-18 year old young men.

Adjusted only posting OOC games

Flight A - Full Conference Schedule
Flight B- Full Conference Schedule

Hen North -
Smyrna- W4 Sallies (Milf)
Dover- W2 Sallies (Poly)
Central- W6 Sallies (Milf)
Tech- W7 open (Poly)
CR- W3 Delmar (Poly)
Cape- W5 Caravel (Milf)
Poly- W1 Tower Hill, W3 IR, W5 Laurel, W7 Seaford
Milf- W1 CA, W2 WB, W4 Delmar, W6 Lake

Hen South -
Delmar- W3 CR, W4 Milf
Laurel- W4 CA, W5 Poly
Woodbridge- W2 Milf, W7 CA
Lake- W2 St Marks, W6 Mif
IR- W3 Poly, W5 FSMA
Seaford- W6 Friends, W7 Poly

Diamond-
Archmere- W4 St Marks
Conrad- W1 St Marks
DMA- W7 St Marks
St E's- W6 St Marks
RLCA- W3 CA
FSMA- W5 IR
Charter- W2 Tower Hill

Silk Panty- (Tatnall and St A out TH and Friends home and home (W4-7)
Friends- W1 open, W2 CA, W3 St Marks, W5 open, W6 Seaford
Tower Hill- W1 Poly, W2 Charter, W3 open, W5 St Marks, W6 open

Non Conf-
St Marks- W1 Conrad, W2 Lake, W3 Friends, W4 Arch, W5 TH, W6 St E, W7 DMA
CA- W1 Milf, W2 Friends, W3 RLCA, W4 Laurel, W5 Cape, W6 open, W7 WB
Sallies- W1 open, W2 Dover, W3 open, W4 Smyrna, W5 open, W6 Central , W7 open

some random thoughts. odds St Marks joins DSC?, TH ring ring ring hello ? Tech, Sallies week 7?

Last edited:
All of these points sound legit. It doesn’t really matter how it ended up this way but Sallies has 3 games. I understand about conferences. But right is right and wrong is wrong. Everyone else has a completed schedule or close to one. I just feel awful for all the players especially the seniors that they are going to play 3 games. At the end of the day, we are talking about kids playing football and most of them will not play again after this year.
The kids are getting screwed. I don’t care what anybody says the people involved can solve this if they really wanted it solved.
As of now, the DIAA and DPH have not given Sallies permission to play OOS. I just think DIAA has to step in and make it equitable for all players/teams.
I usually grab a Sallies game or two a year, More so because of the opponent. Remember, if you take off the uniform and helmet, they are just 14-18 year old young men.
jist give them OOS permission and this shit is all solvdd

jist give them OOS permission and this shit is all solvdd

If they can't go OOS its a simple fix... Tech Schedules Sals leaving Sals needing 3. 3 BHFA teams (DC,MP, Con ) give up 1 game to Sals and plays one of the SPL teams.. Kills two birds.. These 3 schedule D2 opponents OOC anyway. just a thought

I nominate BiB for commissioner of Delaware HS Football and possible to replace Roger Goodell

If they can't go OOS its a simple fix... Tech Schedules Sals leaving Sals needing 3. 3 BHFA teams (DC,MP, Con ) give up 1 game to Sals and plays one of the SPL teams.. Kills two birds.. These 3 schedule D2 opponents OOC anyway. just a thought

I'll go as far as to lay it out.. worked it out where TH doesn't get 3 D1 cakes and both MT and HVT have to play Sals. I can't think of a better way to christen the ABE than Sals vs MT ( had to use St G instead of Mt. P but St G schedules D2's as well)

Week 1- Sals vs Middletown and Friends vs Concord
Week 3- Sals vs HVT and Tower Hill vs St Georges
Week 5- Sals vs Appo and Friends vs Delcastle

Tower Hill should schedule CA week 6 ( lets see if they do)

Possible Schedules as a result

Sals - MT, Dover, HVT, Smyrna, Appo, Central, Tech
Friends- Concord, Caravel, St Marks, TH, Delcastle, Seaford, TH
TH- Poly- Charter, St G's, Friends, St Marks, Caravel, Friends
CA- Milford, Friends, RLCA, Laurel, Cape, TH, Woodbridge

Solved.. every single team in DE has a 7 games schedule... no one has to go OOS

Last edited:
I nominate BiB for commissioner of Delaware HS Football and possible to replace Roger Goodell

Haha.. That wouldn't work out so well for me. Don't think they would let me refer to the IC as Silk Panty League if in that position and certainly referring to a certain program as "The Chickenhawks" would be out of the question. Don't think I can give that up, too much fun.... LMAO

tenor.gif

They continue the meeting from last night and hopefully make some decisions after looking at spreadsheets of possible scenarios.. 🤯 hey @Titanium Shadow go ahead and work some up and send them to them. they need more data..💻
There is no DIAA football committee meeting on the state calendar for this week. Do you have more information? Maybe I am missing something. Unified sports committee meets at 1 on Tuesday.

There is no DIAA football committee meeting on the state calendar for this week. Do you have more information? Maybe I am missing something. Unified sports committee meets at 1 on Tuesday.

Just what they said they are doing last meeting. They said Tuesday. Maybe they decided to make some decision through email and made them. Based on the other guys post I figured they may have

Last edited:
adjusted.

Flight A -
HVT- W5 Sallies (Concord)
St Georges- W7 Sallies (Delcastle)
Concord- W5 Brandywine (HVT)
Delcastle- W7 S Tech (St Georges)

Flight B-
Brandywine- W5 Concord (Dickinson)
Dickinson- W5 Friends (Brandywine)

Hen North -
Dover- W2 Sallies (Poly)
S Tech- W7 Delcastle (Poly)
CR- W3 Delmar (Poly)
Cape- W5 Caravel (Milf)

Hen South -
Delmar- W3 CR, W4 Milf
Laurel- W4 CA, W5 Poly
IR- W3 Poly, W5 FSMA

Diamond-
Archmere- W4 St Marks
Conrad- W1 St Marks
DMA- W7 St Marks
St E's- W6 St Marks
RLCA- W3 CA
FSMA- W5 IR
Charter- W2 Tower Hill

Silk Panty- (Tatnall and St A out TH and Friends home and home)
Friends- W1 open, W2 CA, W3 St Marks, W5 Dickinson, W6 Seaford

Non Conf-

Sallies- W1 Malvern P (PA), W2 Dover, W3 Lansdale C (PA), W4 Smyrna, W5 HVT, W6 Central, W7 St Georges

OK TH your up, Myers, Greene ? 🔥

Oh and Coach Wilson is da man.. just saying of course

Last edited:
adjusted.

Flight A -
HVT- W5 Sallies (Concord)
St Georges- W7 Sallies (Delcastle)
Concord- W5 Brandywine (HVT)
Delcastle- W7 S Tech (St Georges)

Flight B-
Brandywine- W5 Concord (Dickinson)
Dickinson- W5 Friends (Brandywine)

Hen North -
Dover- W2 Sallies (Poly)
S Tech- W7 Delcastle (Poly)
CR- W3 Delmar (Poly)
Cape- W5 Caravel (Milf)

Hen South -
Delmar- W3 CR, W4 Milf
Laurel- W4 CA, W5 Poly
IR- W3 Poly, W5 FSMA

Diamond-
Archmere- W4 St Marks
Conrad- W1 St Marks
DMA- W7 St Marks
St E's- W6 St Marks
RLCA- W3 CA
FSMA- W5 IR
Charter- W2 Tower Hill

Silk Panty- (Tatnall and St A out TH and Friends home and home)
Friends- W1 open, W2 CA, W3 St Marks, W5 Dickinson, W6 Seaford

Non Conf-

Sallies- W1 Malvern P (PA), W2 Dover, W3 Lansdale C (PA), W4 Smyrna, W5 HVT, W6 Central, W7 St Georges

OK TH your up, Myers, Greene ? 🔥

Oh and Coach Wilson is da man.. just saying of course
I will 2nd that about Coach Wilson. He is just a great person. He was very vocal about the inequities of the football situation. Bib, you should be the DIAA director and John Wilson should be the head of the DIAA board.

I will 2nd that about Coach Wilson. He is just a great person. He was very vocal about the inequities of the football situation. Bib, you should be the DIAA director and John Wilson should be the head of the DIAA board.
I don't know if Coach Wilson wants that headache. I do know that we'd be better off with more people like him.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Idk if people heard but Wilson & Moffett were both strong armed to play Sallies. Supposedly some high ups in State called SuperIntendents and said “play them or no games” so don’t go giving Wilson all this credit, but i agree Wilson is a great guy other then situation and agree he should be on board of DIAA, they should have Atleast 1 coach from each sport or a coach who coaches multiple sports.

Reactions: Huskerman7
Idk if people heard but Wilson & Moffett were both strong armed to play Sallies. Supposedly some high ups in State called SuperIntendents and said “play them or no games” so don’t go giving Wilson all this credit, but i agree Wilson is a great guy other then situation and agree he should be on board of DIAA, they should have Atleast 1 coach from each sport or a coach who coaches multiple sports.

I am not so sure that's accurate.. Certainly not according to this article. Wilson is president of DIFCA ( Delaware Interscholastic Football Coaches Association) he and the association is the reason we even have football this fall.. Moffit I don't know his role maybe he was reluctant but I doubt it he never shied away from playing Sallies in the past

I can't post the quotes because it is behind a pay wall so that would be illegal

Last edited:
This one is a free article

"Blue Hen Conference President Andrew Dick, who serves as Dickinson's Athletic Director, said a decision to insert Salesianum into the equation came after a vote during a regularly schedule meeting Friday afternoon, at the request of New Castle County Vo-Tech Superintendent Dr. Joseph Jones, who played for then-Coach Dick at Glasgow."

"St. Georges was the first team to attempt to schedule Salesianum, but that left their fellow district mate Delcastle without a week 7 game. Fellow Vo-Tech school Sussex Tech agreed to play Delcastle, making Week 7 complete in Delaware"

"As for week 5, Hodgson eventually agreed to play Salesianum, but Concord was then left without a game, along with the pre-existing Friends open date."

"After it was determined that Concord vs. Friends wouldn't work, Dickinson agreed to not play Brandywine, allowing a Brandywine School District match-up between Brandywine and Concord to be established. Dickinson and Friends have agreed to play, making week 5 work as well."

"Dick told WDEL that the Blue Hen Conference had not been directly contacted to see if they would be willing to adjust their schedules to make things work, but they were happy to help the state in general."

This one is a free article

"Blue Hen Conference President Andrew Dick, who serves as Dickinson's Athletic Director, said a decision to insert Salesianum into the equation came after a vote during a regularly schedule meeting Friday afternoon, at the request of New Castle County Vo-Tech Superintendent Dr. Joseph Jones, who played for then-Coach Dick at Glasgow."

"St. Georges was the first team to attempt to schedule Salesianum, but that left their fellow district mate Delcastle without a week 7 game. Fellow Vo-Tech school Sussex Tech agreed to play Delcastle, making Week 7 complete in Delaware"

"As for week 5, Hodgson eventually agreed to play Salesianum, but Concord was then left without a game, along with the pre-existing Friends open date."

"After it was determined that Concord vs. Friends wouldn't work, Dickinson agreed to not play Brandywine, allowing a Brandywine School District match-up between Brandywine and Concord to be established. Dickinson and Friends have agreed to play, making week 5 work as well."

"Dick told WDEL that the Blue Hen Conference had not been directly contacted to see if they would be willing to adjust their schedules to make things work, but they were happy to help the state in general."
That is an interesting quote from Andy Dick. I think the Sals AD (maybe asst. AD. There is another Sals AD listed on the DIAA board so not sure) either said or referenced when he spoke to the DIAA Board that he has been in contact with a few BHC coaches and went as far as saying if the auto bids were dropped, those BHC coaches said they would play Sallies.
Somone is not telling the truth.

That is an interesting quote from Andy Dick. I think the Sals AD (maybe asst. AD. There is another Sals AD listed on the DIAA board so not sure) either said or referenced when he spoke to the DIAA Board that he has been in contact with a few BHC coaches and went as far as saying if the auto bids were dropped, those BHC coaches said they would play Sallies.
Someone is not telling the truth.

Technically it could all be true. Dick said no one contacted the BHC board "directly". Sals said they reached out to some BHC coaches. There probably was a disconnect somewhere or lack of communication between the coaches contacted and Mr Dick or the conference as a whole. It makes sense to me. Dr Jones (NCC Tech Super) made the connection and presented it to the board. St G was on board to play Sals ( Dr Jones probably already knew that) HVT needed a nudge it seems and it all got worked out..

I have no idea who all is on the BHC Board or even how many "football" folks are on it. They were probably focusing on all the fall sports getting Covid protocols in place , rules and what do about attendance etc. and with online meetings its pretty easy to imagine where there may be a disconnect or lack of communication on the Sallies situation as it pertains to football or if it ever even came up until Dr Jones presented it. JMHO

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT