ADVERTISEMENT

2020 covid schedule and team info

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
I will try and keep this updated as the schedules come in and moves are made..If you have info feel free to share..

Last edited:
Adjusted only posting OOC games

Flight A -
HVT- W5 Sallies
St Georges- W7 Sallies
Concord- W5 Brandywine
Delcastle- W7 S Tech

Flight B-
Brandywine- W5 Concord
Dickinson- W5 Friends

Hen North -
Smyrna- W4 Sallies (Milf)
Dover- W2 Sallies (Poly)
Central- W6 Sallies (Milf)
S Tech- W7 Delcastle (Poly)
CR- W3 Delmar (Poly)
Cape- W5 Caravel (Milf)
Poly- W1 Tower Hill, W3 IR, W5 Laurel, W7 Seaford
Milf- W1 CA, W2 WB, W4 Delmar, W6 Lake

Hen South -
Delmar- W3 CR, W4 Milf
Laurel- W4 CA, W5 Poly
Woodbridge- W2 Milf, W7 CA
Lake- W2 St Marks, W6 Mif
IR- W3 Poly, W5 FSMA
Seaford- W6 Friends, W7 Poly

Diamond-
Archmere- W4 St Marks
Conrad- W1 St Marks
DMA- W7 St Marks
St E's- W6 St Marks
RLCA- W3 CA
FSMA- W5 IR
Charter- W2 Tower Hill

Silk Panty- (Tatnall and St A out TH and Friends home and home)
Friends- W1 open, W2 CA, W3 St Marks, W5 Dickinson, W6 Seaford
Tower Hill- W1 Poly, W2 Charter, W3 open, W5 St Marks, W6 open

Non Conf-
St Marks- W1 Conrad, W2 Lake, W3 Friends, W4 Arch, W5 TH, W6 St E, W7 DMA
CA- W1 Milf, W2 Friends, W3 RLCA, W4 Laurel, W5 Cape, W6 open, W7 WB
Sallies- W1 Malvern P (PA), W2 Dover, W3 Lansdale C (PA), W4 Smyrna, W5 HVT, W6 Central, W7 St Georges

Last edited:
Flight A - Full ( Sallies takes Delcastle spot)
Flight B- Full
Hen North - Full

Hen South - 2 games needed per team (6) 12 games available
Diamond- 1 game needed per team (7) 7 games available
Silk Panty- 4 games needed per team (4) 16 games available

Non Conf-
CA- Needs 7 games
Delcastle- Needs 7 games ( just my IMO should not count for D1 points as no D2 team can play any other D1 teams this year)

* will Poly field a team?

BiB, is the Salesianum thing your supposition or do you know this to be true? It would make perfect sense for BHA to do this as 4 BHA teams had the Big S on their schedule already and it solves a big problem.....but has Concord and Mt. Pleasant agree to thIs? Once again, I think that is the ideal solution but is it fact or wishful thinking?

BiB, is the Salesianum thing your supposition or do you know this to be true? It would make perfect sense for BHA to do this as 4 BHA teams had the Big S on their schedule already and it solves a big problem.....but has Concord and Mt. Pleasant agree to thIs? Once again, I think that is the ideal solution but is it fact or wishful thinking?

Pretty sure it is what is going down..it's coming from Sallies but in 2020 nothing is a done deal but right now l am running with it..so I am sure enough :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Not sure who your source is, but they couldnt be further from the truth. The BHC Ad's dont meet until tomorrow, allowing a team to opt out of a season would require a vote by AD's. Delcastle is not leaving Flight A.

Not sure who your source is, but they couldnt be further from the truth. The BHC Ad's dont meet until tomorrow, allowing a team to opt out of a season would require a vote by AD's. Delcastle is not leaving Flight A.
OK.. just what I heard..we shall see. It's at least on the table but yeah the AD's could poo poo it but why? Delcastle would be stupid if they didn't of course they could just go get their teeth kicked in and go 0-7 with no chance of winning a game. just saying

Last edited:

Yes, for BiB's scenario to play out would take Michael Corleone and the Holy Spirit getting involved. BHA has 8 teams. If they plan to play a 7 game schedule, the Sals are out of luck and must replace the 4 BHA games that were originally scheduled.

Even if Delcastle were allowed to drop out this year or did not field a team, the Sals would have depend on what week their 4 BHA opponents had openings and would the Sals be available. Also, would Penn, Middletown, Appo and Hodgson want to play another non conference game (i.e. NCCVTSD may want Hodgson to play Howard if possible, Middletown may want to play Smyrna).

BiB, the idea of letting Sals in for 1 year in BHA has merit and makes sense but there are too many moving parts. Plus, Concord and Mt. Pleasant might not want to play the Sals this year based on where their programs are in their development. We know the other 4 teams want to play the Sals but COVID has changed it all.

It is my understanding that only Philadelphia Catholic League School of Sallies size that are playing football are La Salle and St. Joe's Prep. They probably would be available at some point during that 7 week period.

This could be a scheduling nightmare for the Big S. Hoping it works out for them somehow.....

Bum it's not that complicated. First off were not talking Sals joining Flight A (not eligible or count against Flight a teams for conference championship) simply just taking Delcastles schedule for this year and Delcastle if they can field a team scheduling a D2 schedule..

Facts are Delcastle hasn't won vs a D1 team since 2014. They get running clocked by every team they play in Flight A not named Charter and they always lose to them as well. They average 1 win a year for a decade and that win is usually vs Christiana.. They schedule 3 out of conference games and those are vs Christiana, Tower Hill, Dickinson, McKean etc..

It's on the table and makeS too much sense.. but lets see how it shakes out , hopefully those in charge make the best decision for the kids (all kids) to be able to play a football season.

Sals had 4 games vs Flight A and 3 games vs Hen North they lose all those.. I also doubt any OOS games will be available so basically they would have 1 game vs St Marks and only D2 teams available to schedule..

Not only should this happen it needs to happen.. Pretty sure the AD's will see the advantages for all involved particularly Delcastle who would have a chance to make a schedule in which they have a chance to win some games..

I am also operating on the idea that there wont be conference auto bids and a modified point system with a selection committee using the points as a base mark for selection

Last edited:
First complete covid 2020 schedule up... It appears Poly is not playing Hen North Schedule..

Cape Henlopen HS Varsity Football 2020/2021

#​
Date​
Day​
TimeOpponentH/ALocationCommentsW/LScore
1​

10/23/20​
Fri​
7:00pm​
Sussex Central HS
A​
Sussex Central HS
2​

10/30/20​
Fri​
Smyrna HS
H​
Cape Henlopen HS
3​

11/6/20​
Fri​
Milford HS
A​
Milford HS
4​

11/13/20​
Fri​
Sussex Tech
H​
Cape Henlopen HS
5​

11/20/20​
Fri​
Caravel Academy
H​
Cape Henlopen HS
6​

11/27/20​
Fri​
Caesar Rodney HS
H​
Cape Henlopen HS
7​

12/4/20​
Fri​
Dover HS
A​
Dover HS

Football - Varsity Schedule
Schedule 2021/2022 2020/2021 2019/2020 2018/2019 2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016 2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013 2011/2012 2010/2011 2009/2010 2008/2009​
View Transportation
View Practices​
#​
Date​
Day​
Time​
Opponent
H/A​
LocationCommentsW/LScore
1​

9/25/20​
Fri​
Polytech HS
H​
Caesar Rodney HS - Rider Stadium
2​

10/16/20​
Fri​
Milford HS
A​
Milford HS
3​

10/30/20​
Fri​
Smyrna HS
A​
Smyrna HS
4​

10/30/20​
Fri​
Sussex Central HS
H​
Caesar Rodney HS
5​
11/6/20​
Fri​
Sussex Tech
H​
Caesar Rodney HS - Rider StadiumAdmission $5; WATCH LIVE www.nfhsnetwork.com
6​
11/13/20​
Fri​
Dover HS
A​
Dover HS
Legend:
HomeAwayTournamentPracticeScrimmage
Last Updated:
9/15/20 2:15 PM​
Tournaments
TBD - First Practice Date for Fall High School Sports
TBD - First Practice Date for Fall Middle School Sports
TBD - First Competition Date for Fall High School Sports
TBD - First Competition Date for Fall Middle School Sports

TBD - Last Competition Date for Football
TBD - Football Tournament-D1&D2 - 1st Round
TBD - Football Tournament-D1&D2 - 1st Round
TBD - Football Tournament-D1&D2 - 2nd Round
TBD - Football Tournament-D1&D2 - 2nd Round
TBD - Football Championship Game-Div.1 - UD 1pm
TBD - Unified Football Championship Game - UD 4:30pm
TBD - Football Championship Game-Div.2 - UD 6pm

posted 6/17/20

just highlight the schedule part copy past here.. New format will just do this.. but CR schedule has not been done yet.. dates not changed.. This is still their old conference schedule

1​

9/25/20​
Fri​
Polytech HS
H​
Caesar Rodney HS - Rider Stadium
2​

10/16/20​
Fri​
Milford HS
A​
Milford HS
3​

10/30/20​
Fri​
Smyrna HS
A​
Smyrna HS
4​

10/30/20​
Fri​
Sussex Central HS
H​
Caesar Rodney HS
5​
11/6/20​
Fri​
Sussex Tech
H​
Caesar Rodney HS - Rider StadiumAdmission $5; WATCH LIVE www.nfhsnetwork.com
6​
11/13/20​
Fri​
Dover HS
A​
Dover HS

All the Henlopen South teams removed all the non conference games from their schedules on their school websites, except Lake and Indian River left Milford on their schedules.

I don't know whats going on a bunch of them mostly all have wiped their schedule clean now including cape.. Guess they just going to start from scratch if it gets approved by the board.....

Milford will be playing all Henny north. However, if both Lake and Milford miss out on the tourney, What a special extra game that could be,

Website 4sports will be clearing out all the All the schedules by Friday. Then after the superintendents meet in Friday will start uploading revised schedules.

solid intro from an AD in the know

Reactions: Titanium Shadow
Heard Sals and Caravel both need a ton of games and with Blue Hen and henelopen playing baiscslly a conference schedule could be tough on them to get 7

I'm guessing that there are some unofficial conversations going on in the background, but that if the Board approves the plan tonight those conversations will be pursued in earnest and we will know a lot quickly.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
If Sals continues to have difficulty finding games, I am wondering if there will be a “delay” in the opening of the new stadium.

Soccer is opening there first so it won'y delay it but no worries Sals football will be fine as far as schedule.. CA will as well as long as the Hen South teams still agree to play them (sans Seaford and IR)

Here is what I am "guessing" CA's schedule will look like..

Laurel
Woodbridge
Delmar
Lake
St E's
Cape
St Andrews
Friends or Tower Hill
St Marks ( if they are over being butt hurt lol)

Pretty sure they can get 7 from those 10

I am still feeling SALS win run Delcastles Flight A schedule

Last edited:
Soccer is opening there first so it won'y delay it but no worries Sals football will be fine as far as schedule.. CA will as well as long as the Hen South teams still agree to play them (sans Seaford and IR)

CA was only scheduled to play Laurel and Woodbridge in the Hen South.

CA was only scheduled to play Laurel and Woodbridge in the Hen South.
I am aware of that...there are a lot of conversations going on behind the scenes lol I don't think Delmar would have any issue scheduling CA at this point. Both them and Lake have scheduled CA when the dates have ligned up..

Not sure how it all plays out but In BiB, I trust.
probably shouldn't ..lol looks like Lake is off the board for CA.. They went with St Marks.

Lake Forest HS Varsity Football 2020/2021

#​
Date​
Day​
1​

10/23/20​
Fri​
Laurel HS
A​
Laurel HS/MS
2​

10/30/20​
Fri​
St. Mark's HS
H​
Lake Forest HS
3​

11/6/20​
Fri​
Woodbridge HS
A​
Woodbridge HS
4​

11/13/20​
Fri​
Seaford HS
H​
Lake Forest HS
5​

11/20/20​
Fri​
Delmar HS/MS
A​
Delmar HS/MS
6​

11/27/20​
Fri​
Milford HS
H​
Lake Forest HS
7​

12/4/20​
Fri​
Indian River HS
H​
Lake Forest HS

Delmar could still be in play..

Delmar HS/MS Varsity Football 2020/2021
#​
Date​
Day​
1​
10/24/20​
Sat​
1:30pm​
Indian River HS
H​
Delmar HS/MSHomecoming
2​
10/30/20​
Fri​
Seaford HS
A​
Seaford HS
3​

11/6/20​
Fri​
Caesar Rodney HS
H​
Delmar HS/MS
4​
11/6/20​
Fri​
7:30pm​
Laurel HS
H​
Delmar HS/MSSenior Night
5​
11/13/20​
Fri​
Woodbridge HS
A​
Woodbridge HS
6​

11/20/20​
Fri​
Lake Forest HS
H​
Delmar HS/MS

Both these scheds updated today... Delmar still in progress double booked for 11/6

Last edited:
Doubtful for Caravel vs StE. With StE in diamond state conference the only open date will be against its rival St. Marks.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Doubtful for Caravel vs StE. With StE in diamond state conference the only open date will be against its rival St. Marks.

True forgot about that..but still will depend on how the open dates line up after the conference schedules are done..

Last edited:
Delmar's schedule below. It would be nice if the Woodbridge and Laurel games were swapped.

#​
Date​
Day​
Time​
Opponent
H/A​

10/23/20​
Fri​
Woodbridge HS
A​
Woodbridge HS
2​

10/30/20​
Fri​
Seaford HS
H​
Delmar HS/MS
3​

11/6/20​
Fri​
Caesar Rodney HS
H​
Delmar HS/MS
4​

11/13/20​
Fri​
Milford HS
H​
Delmar HS/MS
5​

11/20/20​
Fri​
Lake Forest HS
H​
Delmar HS/MS
6​

11/27/20​
Fri​
Indian River HS
A​
Indian River HS
7​

12/4/20​
Fri​
Laurel HS
A​
Laurel HS/MS

Spoke to my source, Henny is trying to balance out the schedule as fair as they can. Teams are looking for games, this is going to be pretty crazy. Having said that a Milford schedule with Delmar, Woodbridge and Lake on it works for me. Possibly for the Henny South as well. Milford still in the North. My thought is, if the kids can get out there and have a safe and fun season, it will be worth it.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT