ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Schedule Changes

A coach’s responsibility is to win games and prepare their players for the next level. If you want to give your players their best chance to make it to the next level then you need to showcase them against the best talent in the area. DMA takes that seriously. DMA is matching their players up against the top programs. You can’t say the same about Archmere. Archmere actively turned down the big time match up. I’m glad they did though because it opened the door of opportunity for the DMA players.

#TheTakeOver #BrickByBrick #PlayersPriority #BeatTheBestToBeTheBest #TalkTheTalk #WalkTheWalk
Lotta talk from a first year coach who seems focused on continuing to find ways to alienate himself, football program and school from the rest of the state

#YouLostToTheBestTeamInTheStateTwiceInOneSeason #LossByLoss #HashtagByHashtag

A coach’s responsibility is to win games and prepare their players for the next level. If you want to give your players their best chance to make it to the next level then you need to showcase them against the best talent in the area. DMA takes that seriously. DMA is matching their players up against the top programs. You can’t say the same about Archmere. Archmere actively turned down the big time match up. I’m glad they did though because it opened the door of opportunity for the DMA players.

#TheTakeOver #BrickByBrick #PlayersPriority #BeatTheBestToBeTheBest #TalkTheTalk #WalkTheWalk

You know what would have really helped showcase your players for the next level? Beating Archmere at least once in two tries. 🤷‍♂️ #outworkedoutcoached

Lotta talk from a first year coach who seems focused on continuing to find ways to alienate himself, football program and school from the rest of the state

#YouLostToTheBestTeamInTheStateTwiceInOneSeason #LossByLoss #HashtagByHashtag
Not to mention being on the DIAA meeting agenda every month from complaints filed..

judges-warn.gif

Nick, come on buddy even you can’t be that dense. Archmere did not actively turn down a game against Malvern. Their schedule was full. Pretty sure full means, unable to fit in anymore opponents. For some reason you seem to think it means “ducking any school that calls for a game and/or not caring about your players. VERY INTERESTING TRANSLATION SKILLS YOU HAVE. By the way you said something earlier that was interesting, again I am not an AD and have never signed a contract to play a football series but you said AI forfeited against Archmere this year so just dump them and pick up Malvern. I personally had no idea that the Districts that DIAA set up were merely a suggestion, and thus still gave you the ability to set up ur schedule any way you would like. I am pretty sure that AI Dupont is a team in Archmere’s district, and I thought according to DIAA, you were required to play each team in ur district and then that leaves you open to schedule 4 at large teams. I believe that Archmere is in the 2nd year of two year contracts with DMA-St Marks-Tatnall-Ceasar Rodney. Nick you would know better since you are the head coach of DMA, is Archmere/DMA in the 2nd year of a 2 year contract? And what are the ramifications of breaking that contract, because it kind of sounded like you personally would have no problem breaking a contract and dumping a DMA opponent for someone else at any time. You said you would dump AI in order to schedule someone else, contract or no contract right. Thank God at some Delaware schools your word still means something.

Reactions: trapblock22
It sounds like you’re out of the loop on the discussions with Malvern!

Also, i believe AI cancelled their game this year with Archmere. That should’ve given Archmere an EASY out of their game for this upcoming season! When there is a will there is a way!

#TheTakeOver #AcceptTheChallenge
You got that right!

Nick, come on buddy even you can’t be that dense. Archmere did not actively turn down a game against Malvern. Their schedule was full. Pretty sure full means, unable to fit in anymore opponents. For some reason you seem to think it means “ducking any school that calls for a game and/or not caring about your players. VERY INTERESTING TRANSLATION SKILLS YOU HAVE. By the way you said something earlier that was interesting, again I am not an AD and have never signed a contract to play a football series but you said AI forfeited against Archmere this year so just dump them and pick up Malvern. I personally had no idea that the Districts that DIAA set up were merely a suggestion, and thus still gave you the ability to set up ur schedule any way you would like. I am pretty sure that AI Dupont is a team in Archmere’s district, and I thought according to DIAA, you were required to play each team in ur district and then that leaves you open to schedule 4 at large teams. I believe that Archmere is in the 2nd year of two year contracts with DMA-St Marks-Tatnall-Ceasar Rodney. Nick you would know better since you are the head coach of DMA, is Archmere/DMA in the 2nd year of a 2 year contract? And what are the ramifications of breaking that contract, because it kind of sounded like you personally would have no problem breaking a contract and dumping a DMA opponent for someone else at any time. You said you would dump AI in order to schedule someone else, contract or no contract right. Thank God at some Delaware schools your word still means something.
I don’t think Nicky knows what Depreps is. I think the masked hashtag crusader the crying commandant

@DMA_302TakeOver, do your thing man, can you be my hype man.I like the way you roll even though you stopped making sense a couple of posts ago. This board is usually a snooze feast during BB and Wrestling season but you got everyone fired up and talking about DMA, mad props

Glad I made my comment about pressure. Brought a lot more to the top. Or should I say to the bottom. 302 take over or whatever the tag is. Stop pointing fingers and start using the thumbs. You make all these comments about the 'coaches' responsibility. You then must know better. Do it on the field. Whatever it is you do behind the scenes and is under the 'rules' then whatever. Pull your players from wherever you have to. Do what you need to justify your position. Just remember you keep promoting this way, you are only hurting the dudes that have to compete on the field. Young dudes have good memories, and don't like it either. They have enough pressure on them prior to the game, during practice, and during the game. You promote your team like its that way at the next level. Well maybe at the D3 level - from your experience, but I will tell you its not that way at the D1 level - FACT.

This is an opinion. It is your opinion that the players are under and feeling a ton of pressure. Based on their performance this past season, I’d say the team wasn’t feeling the pressure you’re talking about. The semi final game between Archmere and DMA was arguably the best Delaware high school game played this year.

This program steps up to pressure and takes on the challenges and adversity. Other programs shy away from big time matchups (sounds like Archmere is ducking Malvern), but DMA goes searching for them. This past season, DMA challenged Bonner. This upcoming season, DMA is challenging Malvern and trying to challenge Middletown.

Over the years, this board has notoriously complained about programs with ‘cupcake’ schedules and now the members of the forum are upset that a program is trying to challenge themselves with the best programs in the area and showing confidence in their players. It seems a little silly and sensitive to be upset about this.

#TheTakeOver #BrickByBrick #SeahawkNation
I think D
I don't know about the strength of DMA's schedule, but I believe the schedule was set before the current coaching staff had been hired. I think this was the head coach's first year at DMA.
Its really a symptom of the Class 2 Division breakout. The divisions are not really equal and the DMA one is weakest (IMO). So its like a team in the ACC they need to play some harder OOC
In that case they can play St Frances. Can make that game happen today..Hey if MT don't want that smoke maybe DMA can take them..😅
Mtown played IMG seriously doubt they scared of St Francis - though that is a bad ass team

Malvern already played Sallies and whooped em.. Scheduling Archmere or DMA is a step down from Sallies. Let's not go crazy Archmere wins 1 D2 Championship in like what 20 years and now we want talk about them as some in state power for other states to want to schedule.. Its still D2 Delaware. lol
Agreed havng played ball in DE myself there is a pretty big leap from D2 to D1 - sixe, number of kids on team etc. A few teams can hand but in general D2 almost always lose to D1 (not even the best D1 teams). Before all the D2 parents attack me I said USUALLY so dont pull out the corner cases were a DMA, Caravel, Howard, etc won a few games here or there.

No offense taken. However, after watching DMA play last year I 100% disagree. Malvern and Bonner have a lot of common opponents. Bonner was a playoff team last year and beat a team that Malvern lost to. DMA beat Bonner 42-14, the game wasn't even close.

So no. I don't see them getting there ass whipped at all. DMA is very big upfront and most certainly have the athletes to compete with Malvern's skill players.
I will eat crow if wrong but I seriously doubt it. You guys should focus on winning D2

If Archmere cared about their players then they’d be jumping at every chance they get to put their players up against the best in the area.

DMA wants to showcase their players and get as many eyes on them as possible. Many of the DMA players have goals to play at the next level and one of the best way to prove you can play in college is to compete against the best of the best.

#TheTakeOver #BrickByBrick #TheDMADifference

FYI, I CAN NO LONGER MAKE REPLY POSTS. I GUESS THE ARCHMERE BOYS REPORTED MY POSTS. THATS IN LINE WITH HOW THEY HANDLE COMPETITION!

#THETAKEOVER #RUFFLETHEFEATHERS
I actually agree wit this, it worked well for RLC - tons of kids got $ for college by playing more regional teams instead of jst DE.

Whose going to make it then? Caravel lol
THey will b final 4 probably. THey dont fumble on the 3 and get robbed on the 2nd TD its 14-0 CA and the DMA would look different.

I think DMA still wins, they would have woken up, but not the way it was. It would have been 14-0 or 14-7 at half for CA.

In all seriousness though DMA. Delmar, WB, CA, Archmere, Friends, etc will all be the teams in the playoffs every year.

All those teams you just mentioned won’t even get past friends. Archmere has made the playoffs almost every single year in the past 10 years. So I have no idea what your talking about. Seems like the #302takeover has you rattled Big Dawg!
Dude Almost %80 of the D2 titles in the past 25 years have come from Delmar, WB and Caravel. Not sure what your smoking. Other two teams that won a bunch moved up to D1 are Hodgson and Mtown. Think Friends, Archmere, etc have combined for like 3 in 25 years.

Dude Almost %80 of the D2 titles in the past 25 years have come from Delmar, WB and Caravel. Not sure what your smoking. Other two teams that won a bunch moved up to D1 are Hodgson and Mtown. Think Friends, Archmere, etc have combined for like 3 in 25 years.
Archmere has lost 1 game in the past two years and has gone to the state title back to back years. Went to the playoffs 6 times in the past 10 years. Haven’t lost at home in 3 years and just went undefeated and won the state title. Not sure what your smoking.

Agreed havng played ball in DE myself there is a pretty big leap from D2 to D1 - sixe, number of kids on team etc. A few teams can hand but in general D2 almost always lose to D1 (not even the best D1 teams). Before all the D2 parents attack me I said USUALLY so dont pull out the corner cases were a DMA, Caravel, Howard, etc won a few games here or there.
Lol this is not the early 2000’s Buddy. Besides Smyrna and M-town, D3 (Not called D1 anymore) had a huge drop off this year. Top 3 teams in D2 this year would beaten a majority of the D3 teams.

Lol this is not the early 2000’s Buddy. Besides Smyrna and M-town, D3 (Not called D1 anymore) had a huge drop off this year. Top 3 teams in D2 this year would beaten a majority of the D3 teams.
Now I know your smoking - Archmere abs DMA (the two best this year in D2 IMO) lose to at least half the D3 (old D1) EASY.

They would both beat my Riders hands down smh the second largest enrollment in the state I believe

Now I know your smoking - Archmere abs DMA (the two best this year in D2 IMO) lose to at least half the D3 (old D1) EASY.
I agree with you on normal years, but not this year. I believe both Archmere and DMA would have had every opportunity to beat any D3 team this year except Middletown and Smyrna. Normally, I would not think this was the case but just feel like Sallies, St. george’s, Central we’re all down this year and Dover overachieved. Don’t know how much you can trust Matt Kalin ratings or Calpreps but they have Archmere and DMA a favorite over everyone except Middletown and Smyrna And I think one might have Archmere a favorite over Smyrna too.

Reactions: trapblock22
They would both beat my Riders hands down smh the second largest enrollment in the state I believe
I have been mystified by the decline of CR FB. There’s got to be a young whipper snapper coach who could turn things around at CR. I don’t mean they have to win a title in the next couple of years but they should be competitive every year.

I agree with you on normal years, but not this year. I believe both Archmere and DMA would have had every opportunity to beat any D3 team this year except Middletown and Smyrna. Normally, I would not think this was the case but just feel like Sallies, St. george’s, Central we’re all down this year and Dover overachieved. Don’t know how much you can trust Matt Kalin ratings or Calpreps but they have Archmere and DMA a favorite over everyone except Middletown and Smyrna And I think one might have Archmere a favorite over Smyrna too.
I will agree there I think class 3 was "down" and class 2 was the most competitive and fun to watch by far

THey will b final 4 probably. THey dont fumble on the 3 and get robbed on the 2nd TD its 14-0 CA and the DMA would look different.

I think DMA still wins, they would have woken up, but not the way it was. It would have been 14-0 or 14-7 at half for CA.

In all seriousness though DMA. Delmar, WB, CA, Archmere, Friends, etc will all be the teams in the playoffs every year.
Caravel
past 30 years Archmere has exactly 1 state title. friends 1.
Your conveniently stopping at 30 years. I wonder why?

I guess you’re way out of the loop! The word is that the Archmere AD had the ability to make the scheduling work for a game with Malvern, but the coaching staff wanted nothing to do with playing Malvern! I guess they didn’t think it would be competitive! It’s a shame because you’d think the players earned the right to showcase their talents against a premier team like Malvern! The Archmere QB definitely earned his shot! It’s a shame he won’t get it!

DMA knows how important it is to compete against the best of the best! DMA does everything possible to get their kids to the next level! It sounds like some coaches are just focused on themselves and their own personal accolades instead of getting their players where they need to be!

#TheTakeOver #PlayersFirst #Free16

DMA knows how important it is to compete against the best of the best!

Legitimately asking here. And this is open to the whole forum.

Is it important for a team to play “the best of the best”? I’m not even sure what that means. But I took at a look at the max prep rankings last season.

Looks like Archmere was ranked 2, DMA was 4, Woodbridge 5, Friends 7, Caravel 8.

Are playing those top teams in the state not enough? I truly cannot understand the emphasis on any of the above teams playing better teams from outside of the state? What’s the advantage there?

I guess you’re way out of the loop! The word is that the Archmere AD had the ability to make the scheduling work for a game with Malvern, but the coaching staff wanted nothing to do with playing Malvern! I guess they didn’t think it would be competitive! It’s a shame because you’d think the players earned the right to showcase their talents against a premier team like Malvern! The Archmere QB definitely earned his shot! It’s a shame he won’t get it!

DMA knows how important it is to compete against the best of the best! DMA does everything possible to get their kids to the next level! It sounds like some coaches are just focused on themselves and their own personal accolades instead of getting their players where they need to be!

Your right I am out of the loop because I don’t have any way to confirm what you are saying about the Archmere AD as being true or false so I guess i am going to have to assume you have an in at Archmere and do know exactly what happened. I will give you this, you sure know a hell of a lot about Archmere, just not how to beat them. So congrats, you absolutely know more about Archmere than I do, but If I were you I would put more effort into formulating a winning game plan against them and not who they are scheduling. I am pretty sure you posted something about your coaches out scheming all other coaches in state. You definitely had your chance to prove that this past year. How did that go? But Hey, congrats on the Malvern game.
P.S. when you post something that says “Our Coaches will out scheme you” is that what you mean by coaches being about themselves and personal accolades. I wasn’t sure?

##############

Mtown played IMG seriously doubt they scared of St Francis - though that is a bad ass team

Which was stupid.. IMO it cost them a state championship that year. Before going down there they were on a roll and the easy favorite to win the championship. Not only did no one get any scholarship offers/looks from the deal but they came back injured and not the same team. Their Mojo was taken from them plus they didn't didn't even get to play at the IMG facility they had to play at some old public school field.

I don't mind teams playing OOS and challenging themselves at all. The game just has to make sense and your players have to have at least a chance to be competitive. Going OOS and getting blown out doesn't help anyone involved and no one is getting recruited that way.. JMHO

FYI.. St Frances owns IMG.

2019- SFA 35 IMG 7
2021- SFA 34 IMG 24

Except…win a championship?

#teamfirst?
In their first year at the helm, the DMA coaching staff led the team to the state semi final game! Not the final outcome they worked for, but it’s a great team achievement and a great building block for the program!

#TheTakeOver #BrickByBrick #TheProcess

Legitimately asking here. And this is open to the whole forum.

Is it important for a team to play “the best of the best”? I’m not even sure what that means. But I took at a look at the max prep rankings last season.

Looks like Archmere was ranked 2, DMA was 4, Woodbridge 5, Friends 7, Caravel 8.

Are playing those top teams in the state not enough? I truly cannot understand the emphasis on any of the above teams playing better teams from outside of the state? What’s the advantage there?
If your players have goals to get to the next level then it’s very important to have a portfolio of film showing how you play against top talent! Not every player can travel the county going to high school camps to get the exposure they need! Coaches have a responsibility to help their players achieve their goals! Even if that means putting the coach’s own personal accolades aside!

TheDMADifference #TheTakeOver #PlayersFirst

If your players have goals to get to the next level then it’s very important to have a portfolio of film showing how you play against top talent! Not every player can travel the county going to high school camps to get the exposure they need! Coaches have a responsibility to help their players achieve their goals! Even if that means putting the coach’s own personal accolades aside!

TheDMADifference #TheTakeOver #PlayersFirst
You are kidding yourself if you think having some game film vs Malvern Prep is going to change anyone's recruiting projection. Either the player has the measurables and the athletic ability the coaches are looking for they don't. Playing Malvern changes none of that besides most the coaches today don't even watch a bunch of HS game film anymore unless it's Mater Dei vs SJB or something. Yeah sure if you go play Mater Dei and one of your players rushes for 100 plus or something like that they would get some looks for sure but then of course the kid that could do that would already be offered. I am sure Cam Edge would prefer the Bergen Catholic film not be on his real.. well unless you want to showcase how well you get sacked.

To say Archmere is hurting their kids chances of getting recruited by not scheduling Malvern Prep is just asinine.

Reactions: 84rider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT